Predict WW 1st Week Sales Of MDNA

markm

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08913

MADONNA’S MATERIAL GAINS

New MDNA Album Debuts on Top, Richie, Shinedown Debut

March 28, 2012

madonna07.gif

Madonna: Feeling the love

She’s no longer “Like a Virgin,” or even the Material Girl, for that matter, but Madonna is still a pop diva superstar.

Madge’s Interscope debut, MDNA, her 12th studio album and first under a recently inked deal with Live Nation, is her first new collection in four years, since 2008’s Hard Candy. It’s a lock for #1 on next week’s HITS Album sales chart, with between 325-350k, beating that album’s 280k opening.

Those figures are based on one-day sales figures which our crack retail staff arrived at by throwing darts at a board. Take that, Soundscan!

Lionel Richie’s Mercury Nashville bow, Tuskegee, a collection of his greatest hits performed with country stars such as Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett, is the big surprise, with a robust first-week estimate in the 140-160k range. The album has even hit the #1 slot at iTunes over Madonna.

:bow:MADONNA :wow: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

Guest sasca1971

I would have been perfectly happy with numbers half that - but it's definitely a sigh of relief. Sadly, the second week it will struggle to crack 100K. But all told at least a platinum cert isn't out of the question - even if it takes a year or two to soundscan over 900K or so. It's not impossible given there still a possibility or more ticket redemptions in months to come. You might find it hard to believe - but there are many hard core concert going fans that are not album fans. I have many friends that always see her shows but never buy her music - but they may if it comes with their purchase.

I wonder if we will ever know what the breakdown from Pre-sale, current week, plus ticket redemptions are.

I think if the hits number holds true then the WW number should surpass a million. Remember Confessions sold over 1.2 mil WW on a US opening of 350K.

I always maintained that 4 Minutes did a piss poor job of selling Hard Candy.

I agree. and that tacky cover couldn't help either. (I personally like the cover, but I almost felt embarrassed buying that record in the CD store)

My prediction:

US: 350000

UK: 80000

Europe: 150000

Others: 200000

Total: 780,000