Predict WW 1st Week Sales Of MDNA

markm

Guest LeJazzHot!

I think it can pull 1 million WW with 300K coming from the US. Remember, Beyonce's 4 sold 310,000 in its first week and that had NO hit single plus it leaked way ahead of its release.

ya why r they releasing it on the 26th, isnt that a monday? arent most cds released on a tuesday???

whats with M & her team releasing things midweeks or a day earlier???

ya why r they releasing it on the 26th, isnt that a monday? arent most cds released on a tuesday???

I know, and I still don't feel clear on whether it's Monday or Tuesday in the States. Not talking ITunes, but will I be able to walk into Target, Best Buy, Maria's Records etc. and Buy a physical copy on Monday??

Labels have been releasing big albums on Monday recently. I think it's because most albums have leaked by then and it just adds a day of sales. It's ultimately a good thing since it means one more day of sales for the opening week.

Downgrading my prediction to 750k due to TEAM MADONNA

choosing a "non traditional" promotion approach.

I think in the UK she will struggle to shift over 100k in the

1st week. Unless something major happens I think it will fall off the charts

very quickly. If a lead single doesn't perform well it usually doesn't bode well

for the album.

Guest groovyguy

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08913

MADONNA’S MATERIAL GAINS

New MDNA Album Debuts on Top, Richie, Shinedown Debut

March 28, 2012

madonna07.gif

Madonna: Feeling the love

She’s no longer “Like a Virgin,” or even the Material Girl, for that matter, but Madonna is still a pop diva superstar.

Madge’s Interscope debut, MDNA, her 12th studio album and first under a recently inked deal with Live Nation, is her first new collection in four years, since 2008’s Hard Candy. It’s a lock for #1 on next week’s HITS Album sales chart, with between 325-350k, beating that album’s 280k opening.

Those figures are based on one-day sales figures which our crack retail staff arrived at by throwing darts at a board. Take that, Soundscan!

Lionel Richie’s Mercury Nashville bow, Tuskegee, a collection of his greatest hits performed with country stars such as Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett, is the big surprise, with a robust first-week estimate in the 140-160k range. The album has even hit the #1 slot at iTunes over Madonna.

Guest groovyguy

Tour redemptions must have been higher than normal. :thumbsup:

She has:

Superbowl pre-order sales

Tour redemptions

Different MDNA versions in stores - Deluxe [Explicit]; Deluxe [edited]; Standard [Explicit]; Standard [Edited]

Fab.com - @ $7.99 for Deluxe.

Tour redemptions must have been higher than normal. :thumbsup:

Are those even being counted yet? What are they basing "first day" sales on. If that includes pre-orders and/or tour redemptions, her full week sales could prove to be lower.

i have a pucci

So basically this is her 12th album in her thirty year career and it just debuted at number 1 without any promotion or a strong lead single. Amazinggg

Yep. I bet she never does strong promo again for an album release. Why bother when you get these kinds of numbers? Although the Super Bowl pre-sale was probably responsible for a good chunk of it, and the Super Bowl was a pretty big event.

If the redemptions from tour tickets were responsible for a lot of it, she could see a bigger than normal drop next week, however I'm just going to bask in the glow of this (potentially) totally awesome opening number. I am shocked she got Confession-sized numbers outside the holiday season.