Predict WW 1st Week Sales Of MDNA

markm

i would be happy if it can scan over 450,000 copies in the 1st week of sales... i don't ask much but the momentum should stay at least for 2 weeks... i would be happy!

Oh, and my prediction for U.S. is around 250K. It will be similar to Hard Candy. The lack of a hit will be made up for by the fan buzz.

I agree with this.

Can I ask a question to members from the US? Apparently this ghastly boy band called One Direction we sent over from the UK is currently huge in the US. I think their album released in the US this week. There are rumours, they are so huge, MDNA can never top their album in 2 weeks time, any truth in this? I can't believe it, cause they are proper shite!!!

Can I ask a question to members from the US? Apparently this ghastly boy band called One Direction we sent over from the UK is currently huge in the US. I think their album released in the US this week. There are rumours, they are so huge, MDNA can never top their album in 2 weeks time, any truth in this? I can't believe it, cause they are proper shite!!!

just look at their discography, the only song's they have planted on billboard hot 100 peaks at 28. the album didnt even top the chart in uk, and it only sold 800k worldwide, including 500k in uk. there's no way it will be "so huge" that they will be able to topple mdna, or even be able to beat adele to no.2 next week. if there's one direction they are going, it has to be straight to hell.

just look at their discography, the only song's they have planted on billboard hot 100 peaks at 28. the album didnt even top the chart in uk, and it only sold 800k worldwide, including 500k in uk. there's no way it will be "so huge" that they will be able to topple mdna, or even be able to beat adele to no.2 next week. if there's one direction they are going, it has to be straight to hell.

article-1289320182449-0BEF7C7F000005DC-2842_466x310.jpg

just googled them and that is so not what i expected :lol:

as if 1 bieber wasn't enough

That was Simon Coward idea. Bibier 1 sells lots i have 5 i will sell 5 times that. Wrong!

You have 5 pain in the arse One Erection and 0 sales!

They all wear tight pants and a couple are already filling up nicely!

I'm thinking about 500 000 first week, it's a reasonable number, she can do it even without a hit. It's Madonna after all. Don't forget how successful the pre-orders were, all the good reviews and all the fan buzz of these last weeks. There's no way this album will be a total flop, even if she will not put Confessions numbers.

Based on the dire promotion by now i revisted my prediction to 700.000.

Yeah, the new about the promo really made me hope again about good numbers. I still stick with 500 000 for now but there's a chance it will sold more :thumbsup:

How much copies the album will sold in total for you? At the end of the era i mean.

Yeah, the new about the promo really made me hope again about good numbers. I still stick with 500 000 for now but there's a chance it will sold more :thumbsup:

How much copies the album will sold in total for you? At the end of the era i mean.

7 million worldwide at most.

oh it will drop off pretty big the following week-dont kid urselves

Yes, but 85% is unheard of. Most big releases drop about 60%. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and since M's first week isn't going to be HUGE, you can expect the typical 60% drop. Maybe 65.

US 275-300k

UK 100K

worldwide 800 to 1000k

:boxing:

one bibierection are opening to high number first week in us, around 200k, contending adel for n. 1, but don't think they will be a problem for mdna!!

I wouldn't count this boy band group out. They are exactly what radio eats up. They seem to be growing immensely popular now in the U.S. Their album and songs are big on ITUNES. It seems almost every song from the new album is charting... many just in the top 20. Next week, they could have a high debut if not hit #1 in the U.S. But that shouldn't have any effect on Madonna's album which will chart two weeks later.

u NEVER KNOW with these little tween bands, even justin bieber didnt have huge hit singles, but his albums were HUGE

i wouldnt be surprised if One Direction blocked her in their second week from number one

u NEVER KNOW with these little tween bands, even justin bieber didnt have huge hit singles, but his albums were HUGE

i wouldnt be surprised if One Direction blocked her in their second week from number one

Actually, when Madonna's album debuts it will be their third week on the charts. Madonna's album will chart in the U.S. the following week of her release, the first week of April.