FUCK COADF!

Well, its unfair to rate MDNA without hearing it in HQ, but, from what I've heard I do prefer MDNA over COADF & Hard Candy. It sounds like an addictive bubbly pop album.

Well, its unfair to rate MDNA without hearing it in HQ, but, from what I've heard I do prefer MDNA over COADF & Hard Candy. It sounds like an addictive bubbly pop album.

I believe her when she says she's been a caged animal this entire time prior to recording the album.

Guest Xanthium

Maybe? I love android voice Madonna—American Life - Hung Up (Time Goes By Vocal) - Candy Shop (Everythang that I got). None of those vocal styling-s are found on MDNA.

When you say android do you mean robotic, like they messed with her voice? Cause they tweaked her voice a lot on MDNA, right? It's the most obvious on I'm Addicted.

Guest Xanthium

Well for me, regardless of how I would rank MDNA in comparison to her other records, I do feel like this album has her most pop-sounding songs in FOREVER. Definitely more pop-sounding than COADF. Maybe she hasn't been this pop since Music or the 90's. Since Beautiful Stranger perhaps?

Guest Xanthium

Yeah it's more eclectic but the problem with that is that is lacks a cohesiveness. It doesn't feel like a unified album, more a collection of songs. MDNA has got a lot of highs and some lows. COADF was high from beginning to end.

wouldn't say it's better than so and so

but i definitely think it's one of her greater albums

Yeah exactly no need to compare and put down one for the favor of the other as so many people are obsessed with doing. We can have both! They all have something the other doesn't. MDNA has this great sense of Madonna tearing it out and grabbing the music by the balls that ROL and COADF don't they sound a bit more sedate.

Guest Xanthium

At the same time COADF could be perceived as a bit samey and droning especially with the same 4/4 beat running through every song. Don't get me wrong, I love it but now we can enjoy both so yay!

Yeah I forgot to mention that. That's the downside of cohesiveness and non-eclecticism. While I find COADF to be one big high, others might find it to be one big low or one big middle-of-the-road kind of album. You're more likely to ostracize people when focusing on one particular sound. The same could be said of Hard Candy. I found it to be very cohesive yet more middle-of-the-road in terms of quality songs. Eclecticism appeals to more people because there is so much variety. That's why I think MDNA has so many wonderful highs and a couple of lows. It has some sounds on it that I just don't like.

When you say android do you mean robotic, like they messed with her voice? Cause they tweaked her voice a lot on MDNA, right? It's the most obvious on I'm Addicted.

Not electronically enhanced but dry - cold - monotone - almost a sung indifference. I love that singing style she has applied to some of her latter-day songs.

Guest Xanthium

Not electronically enhanced but dry - cold - monotone - almost a sung indifference. I love that singing style she has applied to some of her latter-day songs.

Oh ok gotcha. Like in Nobody Knows Me?

Yeah I forgot to mention that. That's the downside of cohesiveness and non-eclecticism. While I find COADF to be one big high, others might find it to be one big low or one big middle-of-the-road kind of album. You're more likely to ostracize people when focusing on one particular sound. The same could be said of Hard Candy. I found it to be very cohesive yet more middle-of-the-road in terms of quality songs. Eclecticism appeals to more people because there is so much variety. That's why I think MDNA has so many wonderful highs and a couple of lows. It has some sounds on it that I just don't like.

I prefer cohesiveness above an eclectic mix and match of sounds but the quality of the MDNA tracks makeup for quite a lot. Emotions and expectations run high when a new Madonna album surfaces. I'm really appreciative of the vibe Martin Solveig's brought to the project—he's really fun. French producers are a special breed of musician—Solveig and Mirwais. William Orbit eclipses all his prior Madonna records with "Falling Free"—it'll be my going to sleep on repeat track.

Guest Xanthium

Yes.

Yeah I like that detached cyborg quality too. It's fun. I also love it when they tweak her voice on certain songs like NKM and Die Another Day. It contributes to the android feel.

Guest Xanthium

I prefer cohesiveness above an eclectic mix and match of sounds but the quality of the MDNA tracks makeup for quite a lot. Emotions and expectations run high when a new Madonna album surfaces. I'm really appreciative of the vibe Martin Solveig's brought to the project—he's really fun. French producers are a special breed of musician—Solveig and Mirwais. William Orbit eclipses all his prior Madonna records with "Falling Free"—it'll be my going to sleep on repeat track.

I prefer cohesiveness too because I like music to flow. Different sounding songs next to each other can be jarring and take you out of the moment. Luckily Madonna's eclectic albums aren't too random. I think Music was wonderfully eclectic but still flowed nicely. I'm listening to MDNA right now and it's weird listening to Masterpiece. It does interrupt the flow. But Masterpiece does set up Falling Free nicely.

Yeah I like that detached cyborg quality too. It's fun. I also love it when they tweak her voice on certain songs like NKM and Die Another Day. It contributes to the android feel.

I think it's sexy and a bit humorous at the same time.

I prefer cohesiveness too because I like music to flow. Different sounding songs next to each other can be jarring and take you out of the moment. Luckily Madonna's eclectic albums aren't too random. I think Music was wonderfully eclectic but still flowed nicely. I'm listening to MDNA right now and it's weird listening to Masterpiece. It does interrupt the flow. But Masterpiece does set up Falling Free nicely.

I wish more time was spent making Orbit and Solveig's tracks blend into each other. They could have remixed and reconstructed each others tracks.—that's a novel idea right their for a real experimental MDNA. The album as it stands pleases me enough.