FUCK COADF!

I think COADF is pretty much perfect from start to finish. Can't say that about MDNA since I haven't heard it yet. Besides even if all the songs are awesome it still has GGW on it :thumbsdown:

Yes. Because of that MDNA can't be perfect. On the other hand there is not a song on COAD that i don't like, much less a single. Well maybe Push... :confused:

Guest Xanthium

Yes. Because of that MDNA can't be perfect. On the other hand there is not a song on COAD that i don't like, much less a single. Well maybe Push... :confused:

I've always LOVED Push! So wish it was a single in the US. I think if it was released after Hung Up in the US it would've had a chance.

I've always LOVED Push! So wish it was a single in the US. I think if it was released after Hung Up in the US it would've had a chance.

1B5.gif

No one must be allowed to say negative things about COADF... Its probably M's best album that I still totally enjoy to listen to from start to finish... The music was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good... What was lacking??????????????????????????????????????????????? GREAT VIDEOS!!!!! I hope we ll get iconic video with GGW!!!

Saying all this I must say MDNA will probably be a very good album... The video snipet has improved GGW like 100000000000000000 times, ALTHOUGH I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the song, its just the production that is a little bit cheap sounding... The video snippet and Orbits songs has me really excited again!!!

I agree,"Push" should have been a single.It's got a funky R&B sound that would have done well on US radio.It reminds me of Beyonce,for some reason.It's just the type of song that she would have done.

Guest Xanthium

I agree,"Push" should have been a single.It's got a funky R&B sound that would have done well on US radio.It reminds me of Beyonce,for some reason.It's just the type of song that she would have done.

:thumbsup:

Honestly? :confused: I think Push would have beyond flopped. It probably wouldn't have even bubbled under.

Guest Xanthium

Honestly? :confused: I think Push would have beyond flopped. It probably wouldn't have even bubbled under.

Well I guess we'll never know WILL WE.

COADF is genius! Not her best album IMO, but definitely in my Top 4 lol

MDNA can come close to COADF, maybe equal it, but not surpass it. With GMAYL and GGW there are already two not-so-good songs on the album (but they aren't shit!), while on COADF there was really just one song that was a bit weak (Push).

I am sorry but its going to be very difficult to top COADF. Everything about that album and the era was PERFECT.

The build up to the album started at Live 8 and then just snowballed. Releasing snippets of HU and mixes to the clubs was genius.The HU video

the promo tour,the interviews and album cover, the subsequent single choices were all perfectly timed and well managed. Then we

had the amazing CT. She really was at the top of her game and knew she had to pull out all the stops coming off a previous

album that was the worst selling of her career and poorly received. The album is her most cohesive and Stuart Price's production

is sublime. The only quibble is that proper videos were not made for Get Together and Jump. Other than that the

album/era was pretty much flawless.

Ban?

Well there are a lot of people who ranked HC above COADF in the album countdown thread. It's not as though this is an unheard opinion. I love both albums but not going to apologize that ROL and COADF are not my two fave M albums :lol:

Guest Borderline

While I thoroughly enjoy every Madonna album; consider me also among the few who prefer HC to COADF.

Well there are a lot of people who ranked HC above COADF in the album countdown thread. It's not as though this is an unheard opinion. I love both albums but not going to apologize that ROL and COADF are not my two fave M albums :lol:

This!!

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

kinda early to be proclaiming such, don't you think?

i adore COADF, and for a while it overtook ROL as my favorite album of hers. i still think it's fabulous, but did it kinda wear off for anyone else? i mean, i still spin it every now and then, but other than maybe the singles, i don't play it as much. still somewhere in the top 3 as far as my favorite M albums go, but i dunno...guess i just played it too much back then. HC is a much better album than it's given credit for, and i still enjoy listening to it...i play it more than COADF, even....but i don't necessarily think it's the better album.

i have a feeling MDNA is going to be one of my favorite albums of hers. i'm basing that on the singles AND the snippets, as i've loved both GMAYL and GGW. it sounds like it's going to be a really really strong record, and i think when all is said and done, i will probably rank it ahead of COADF and HC, but as of now, i think we actually need to...you know...HEAR the damn thing before proclaiming it the end all be all of her discography. :)

Guest Sinisin

I loved COADF, it is great- but this album already sounds more club/house/dance oriented than Confessions. Always felt the title was a bit misleading because only a few songs I could actually really get down and dance to, and she really didnt confess to anything.

*this post was made with love of COADF :rosey:

and she really didnt confess to anything.

I always like the fact that at the beginning of Future Lovers she says "I'm going to tell you... about love"

And then didn't.

:lol:

I always like the fact that at the beginning of Future Lovers she says "I'm going to tell you... about love"

And then didn't.

:lol: me too, but still love it!

And then didn't.

She's telling you about a certain type of love, a "future" love. When you're at that pivotal point in a relationship when it's about to take off and get heavy, but someone's unwilling to let go of his/her past and move forward.

I am reading blasphemy after blasphemy on this thread. Confess your sins now and forever hold your peace. 10 full listens of COADF and 100x of GGW for your penitence.

i'm all about living in the now and not HAVING to reminisce to a better time, so if MDNA can deliver then it shall be... but time will tell. it's gonna take a lot to beat out those flashy eyelashes, but i'm still kinda grudgy that she wasn't red-headed in any of the singles and dressed like a power ranger.