GANG BANG!!!!!!!! preview

Supernatural

That's what I was thinking.US radio is alot more conservative.Lyrics like "I shot my lover dead" would never fly on US stations.

the US can have GGW or whatever.. But I want Gang Bang on european radios (probably minus a few such as poland, which tends to be conservative too). other than that: no excuses. they'll eat this up & love it.

Again, you're thinking from a "fan's perspective". My conclusion is based on HISTORY. Most artists who have commercial success with their singles are from song that are super catchy and commercial. Sorry, but "Gang Bang" is not "commercial" material. It may very well be a GREAT track, but I think the same of "Easy Ride" or "Mer Girl", but it's obvious those songs wouldn't jive with general population. Most of the time, singles are picked to appeal to a huge General audience. Something a bit safe.

Very good point.There is no way in hell that a song like "Gang Bang" could be a single.Fans need to remember that singles have to appeal to the *mainstream*.Just because a song is a fan favorite doesn't mean that the mainstream will like it."Gang Bang" is too dark,too controversial and too trippy to be a single.

I like GGW, but.......I'm not really sure why people are even concerned if US radio will play Gang Bang. At this point in her career, they're not gonna give her significant airplay without payola. The only way I see her bucking that trend is if she releases something completely different and fresh. Otherwise, she's just gonna get shuffled below the Rihannas, Gagas and Katy's.

I like GGW, but.......I'm not really sure why people are even concerned if US radio will play Gang Bang. At this point in her career, they're not gonna give her significant airplay without payola. The only way I see her bucking that trend is if she releases something completely different and fresh. Otherwise, she's just gonna get shuffled below the Rihannas, Gagas and Katy's.

I'm not sure if anyone is concerned about Radio not playing "Gang Bang". Most are just responding to some who think the song should become a single. The idea of a single usually includes trying to get airplay though, so of course if someone mentions "it should be a single", you should expect people will discuss the possibility or lack of radio airplay.

Very good point.There is no way in hell that a song like "Gang Bang" could be a single.Fans need to remember that singles have to appeal to the *mainstream*.Just because a song is a fan favorite doesn't mean that the mainstream will like it."Gang Bang" is too dark,too controversial and too trippy to be a single.

I think they WOULD LOVE to play it in most european radio stations..

just dont forget about us... its not all about the US ;):smooch:

I'm not saying she doesn't take risks (even "Live to Tell" was kind of a risk), but you can pretty much count how many times Madonna hasn't gone with the most commercial/mainstream songs for the singles on two hands:

Hanky Panky

Justify My Love

Erotica

Bedtime Story

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

American Life

And I wouldn't count "Frozen." Aside from the blips and bleeps, it's a totally traditional Madonna pop song.

I'm not saying she doesn't take risks (even "Live to Tell" was kind of a risk), but you can pretty much count how many times Madonna hasn't gone with the most commercial/mainstream songs for the singles on two hands:

Hanky Panky

Justify My Love

Erotica

Bedtime Story

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

American Life

And I wouldn't count "Frozen." Aside from the blips and bleeps, it's a totally traditional Madonna pop song.

:wacko:

Guest jamesshot

Hanky Panky

Justify My Love

Erotica

Bedtime Story

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

American Life

Frozen totally counts. I think it has become so much of a Madonna pop song people forget when it came out, many people were like "WTF is she doing". Frozen was a huge risk but it paid off because many people were hungry for something different...and the song is great.

Live to Tell was a gigantic risk for her. Not only was it very different sounding, it was unlike anything she had done and unlike anything on the radio at the time. It was a musical 180 from what she had previously done.

this song is INCREDIBLE i will be honest and say this is the first Madonna album i am gagging to hear since Music.

I am also liking that shes not doing ANY promotion, shes literally letting the music (and amazing reviews) speak for itself, whilst shes clearly planning the greatest live show anyone has ever seen.

damn shes still cool as fuck, serious.

this song is INCREDIBLE i will be honest and say this is the first Madonna album i am gagging to hear since Music.

I am also liking that shes not doing ANY promotion, shes literally letting the music (and amazing reviews) speak for itself, whilst shes clearly planning the greatest live show anyone has ever seen.

damn shes still cool as fuck, serious.

:clap:

Love it! Completely unlike any Madonna song before it, in fact I was a tad shocked when I heard it after hearing GMAYL and GGW

Guest Xanthium

I don't think it's single material but I would LOVE to have lived in a world where it was. Can you just imagine the controversy of Madonna releasing a single (and its accompanying music video) entitled GANG BANG?!?! :D

Fundamentalist christians would be passing out dead in DROVES! :dramatic:

First Madonna song I have heard in a LONG TIME that gave me those crazy goosebumps. Simply AMAZING Madonna pushing the button and doing a great deep house underground track.

BLOWN AWAY!!!! THIS is why I love her.

The Demolition Crew who produced this are amazing.