I'm Addicted

neutrocks

I'm Addicted?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the clip of the song?

• I'm Addicted!
    • What is this sh*t?
    • No Spoilers for me!
    • Waiting to hear the full song before commenting
    • My Penis just went limp!

I remember back when COADF came out, a lot of people were saying Madonna was "boring" and needed to make music "like her old stuff." Fast forward to today where COADF stands the test of time and Stuart Price is finally praised for his work. Seriously there is NEVER any satisfying you people!

True, Madonna could release the most epic song and people would still bitch and moan.

I think the thing is..... Even with really good songs, it takes time to see if they're good or not. I mean, you can guess, but you don't even know fully until something has been around a few years (at least 5). Hung Up and COADF have aged well, and so has most of her stuff actually. Ray of Light and Like a Prayer are looked upon as classics, when there were even some critics who were so/so on those songs/albums. Let's give these songs time.

I am, however, annoyed that (almost) every single Madonna fan acts like COADF is the end all to all 00's Madonna albums. American Life and Music are superior.

Guest northernlad

True, Madonna could release the most epic song and people would still bitch and moan.

And for every one person that bitched and moaned about said song, fifteen others would bitch and moan about said bitching and moaning. :lol:

I am, however, annoyed that (almost) every single Madonna fan acts like COADF is the end all to all 00's Madonna albums. American Life and Music are superior.

Deffinately NOT. Music was the lucky album because it came out after ROL. Even if AL came after ROL it would ve been much sucsessful. For me AL is her worst album and Music doesnt score much higher.

Deffinately NOT. Music was the lucky album because it came out after ROL. Even if AL came after ROL it would ve been much sucsessful. For me AL is her worst album and Music doesnt score much higher.

They're much more innovative and experimental! Also the lyrics are better... and everything is better. American Life is definitely not her best but it's really consistent and has no weak song.

And for every one person that bitched and moaned about said song, fifteen others would bitch and moan about said bitching and moaning. :lol:

you've got it! :gent: it's a delicious cycle of moans

Fantastic!

This is the first music from MDNA to make me excited..

Why was this not released as a first single? This would have created a massive buzz

:nocomment:

i'll wait to hear the full song, but for now GAYL (but there's the video factor) > IA > GGW >Masterbland

this new song however will be epic in disco!!! trancedonna

alls i'm gonna say so far is that in all honesty i am enjoying every track i have heard so far from MDNA. the less vocal effects the better as a rule for me with anyone but i'm not gonna lie, sometimes they can be fun... aside from reading some negative things in here i'm all about this era! and oh, it's SO ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

THANK GOD this clip came along. My expectations for this album were on the floor, but this is fabulous. It has that kind of mental "Impressive Instant" vibe to it.

Officially excited again!

Still loving 'I'm a dick..' :lol: and it's hilarious how some of the reviews have picked up on that phrase.

Today

7 March, 9 AM PST – 60 sec snippet of “Love Spent” @ PH

Will someone be opening a new thread? :inlove:

I would do it myself but I can't think of any funny poll options ATM.

THANK GOD this clip came along. My expectations for this album were on the floor, but this is fabulous. It has that kind of mental "Impressive Instant" vibe to it.

Officially excited again!

Yes. Me too!

i am not going to listen to anything else until album release.

GMAYL (and remixes)

GGW (and remixes)

Masterpiece (and remixes)

that's all I will be able to comment.

Like most of you, i'm loving what i'm hearing.

In certain parts I.A reminds me very much like "Impressive Instant"....and funnily enough I never liked that.

from popjustice album review:

I'M ADDICTED

The pivotal point of this track is part of the clip that fuckwit Perez Hilton had on his site yesterday, the arms-aloft arcade rave breakdown bit where Madonna bellows "I NEED TO HEAR YOUR NAME", and any worries about the production of Madonna's vocal on 'MDNA' - following weedy-sounding performances on the first two singles - go out of the window with 'I'm Addicted'. We love the big crashing electrowallops and the "it fits like a glove, I'm addicted to your love, I'm a dic-dic-dic-dic, I-I-I-I-I'm addicted to your love" bits, and the climax of this song is fucking ridiculous. In the song's final minute or so the mood in the room at the playback this afternoon - full of journalists and media people - visibly altered. It looked a bit like a sight of relief.

MELODY: 7

LYRICS: 6

SOUND: 9

CLUB APPEAL: 9

MADONNAFACTOR: 10