The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

on twitter, once again, new rumors about MDNA being leaked on a mexican website.. :( the mexican fans are keeping us updated. it better NOT.

this comes from @sickhypnotic82 btw..

The first leak totally ruined the excitement of the first single already. I don't understand why people do it! :thumbsdown:

I don't understand this statement. Don't listen to it if you want the suspense. I don't think it ruined any excitement for casual fans. They didn't like it when it was unofficial or official.

I don't get why people think that an early leak would hurt album sales!!! It would actually HELP hyping up the album if it turns out to be a good record.

People who buy the album are those who'll buy it regardless of when the album leaks; people who don't want to buy the album will NOT buy the album anyway, as they can still illegally download the album once it is released!

I don't think an early leak would hurt album sales. What was the last album of hers that didnt leak? ROL? Music? Wouldn't be cool for a change for it not to leak and have everyone listen to for the first time on the albums release??

I definitely miss the days of walking into a record store and picking it up off the shelf, buying it, and coming home to listen to it. The last time I did that with a Madonna album was Ray of Light. And it was glorious. But times have changed, and finding a leak and downloading it and listening to it for the first time is still a thrill.

I obviously want it to leak because I want to hear the album and don't want to wait. It's been almost four years since we've had a new Madonna album, after all. I'm surprised most of us aren't more rabid - but you can chalk that up to being disappointed with a lot of her recent music. I think leaking a week before the release date doesn't hurt, and probably helps a little. Leaking three weeks in advance would be a huge problem. They would need to prepared to move up the street date to at least a week earlier.

I honestly don't understand the apprehension in hearing the album when and if it leaks compared to when it is actually released? How does it ruin anything if you hear it days or a week earlier than its release? I can see some would be apprehensive in listening to it out of context on first listen (from start to finish), but no doubt if the full album leaks anywhere, I am listening to it. It makes no difference if I hear it through a leak or if I hear it from ITUNES pre-order first. Most people will hear this digitally first.

Guest Xanthium

I have to pick my mom up from the airport tomorrow night. All I know is if the album leaks BITCH GONNA HAVE TO TAKE A CAB.

Difference now is that the album is sold on most outlets by pre-order. So what they should do in the event of a leak, is open up those iTunes pre-orders so people get access to their high quality copy, make it available for purchase immediately and capitalize on that! The buzz surrounding this album is extremely high, with only glowing reviews and not a single bad or even mixed review to date! And momentum is still building as we speak. I'm sure the album wouldn't suffer immensely should the album leak one or two weeks early...

Most albums do leak before the release date. It doesn't bother me if it leaks early; I'm a traditionalist and enjoy waiting until release day to listen to an album. With MDNA, I'm not sure if I'm going to listen to the full album via CD ore the iTunes pre-order. I may opt for the former.

And, Orbit is credited as a co-producer on "Gang Bang." Yay.

A leak would be a disaster! I'd be extremely annoyed. The first leak totally ruined the excitement of the first single already. I don't understand why people do it! :thumbsdown:

Lol, um no. The first single ruined the excitement of the first single...