The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

I actually think Revolver would work really well live. I like the song now and I'd sooner she'd do this than just another bloody 'mash-up' of Music. My only concern is that the vocals could be crowtastic as it covers quite a range!

It's easy to assume she's doing "Revolver" because of the latest inscription pic she posted on FACEBOOK, but we all know she likes to keep us guessing as well. I can see her posting that to make us think it's for the song "Revolver". I personally wouldn't mind if she did "Revolver". I liked the track. And it probably would fit well in a gangster segment in the show along side "Gang Bang"... and oh wait, maybe she could bring back "White Heat"?? I welcome anything new she brings to her shows, especially if it's a song we haven't heard live yet. Besides, I can't really stand "Spanish Lesson", but I did like what she did with it on the last tour.

Guest groovyguy

Popjustice ‏ @Popjustice

Can someone explain to me where Madonna's recentish gun thing has come from? Revolver, Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer…

Guest Not4Pussies

The tour itself is beginning to look like sticky and sweet part deux, only obviously better and with better content.

it is? from two vague rehearsal pics and a promo poster?

Well, I liked STICKY & SWEET, but I have to agree. Nothing about this project even rings close to HARD CANDY or STICKY & SWEET.

Well there are reviews claiming that the album is definitely more Hard Candy than Confessions (of course we won't know until we hear it ourselves), and if we're getting Revolver on the setlist...idk just something that I had pre-conceived when this era started. With the gangsta theme, I just think she's sticking to an industrial/hip hop element, being more sexy and having more fun.

None of the artwork reminds me of Hard Candy, or the songs so far really. It was the rehearsal pics and where I think she's taking it.

Guest Xanthium

I don't think there's going to be a hip hop element at all with this era. Unless when you say hip hop you're meaning braggadocio rather than the actual sound of the music.

Well there are reviews claiming that the album is definitely more Hard Candy than Confessions (of course we won't know until we hear it ourselves), and if we're getting Revolver on the setlist...idk just something that I had pre-conceived when this era started. With the gangsta theme, I just think she's sticking to an industrial/hip hop element, being more sexy and having more fun.

None of the artwork reminds me of Hard Candy, or the songs so far really. It was the rehearsal pics and where I think she's taking it.

I don't see any similiarity musically between MDNA and HC. Maybe they meant as far as some of the songs being lighthearted and fun, rather than some of the spiritual lyrics that were on Confessions.

Forget it. This will just piss everybody off. Sorry I even mentioned it, not my intention.

Although, I will say I mostly enjoyed Sticky and Sweet and I think Hard Candy was alright. Not amazing or anything so in that era's defense, I just felt a comparison. Not literal but almost as if the hard candy era never happened and MDNA was after Confessions, it would've been that kind of album but obviously better with a better tour.

I don't see any similiarity musically between MDNA and HC. Maybe they meant as far as some of the songs being lighthearted and fun, rather than some of the spiritual lyrics that were on Confessions.

The only spiritual song on Confessions, at least to me, was Isaac. I can't think of anything else that had that. She talked about fame on How High and Let It Will Be (reading back the lyrics of Let It Will Be is interesting - I wonder what she meant by some of the things she said in that song). It was definitely a more serious album than it let on.

That was the awesome thing about Confessions - the theme back then was Madonna looking all cute and bouncy and slutty like her old self, but the music was actually kinda layered and meaningful. Confessions isn't deep lyrically but there's a lot of "emotion" on there (I can't think of a better word to use). It's actually pretty underrated to me, in that sense. People dismiss the lyrics of that album but if you read them back, they're kind of abstract and interesting in their own way.

Hard Candy was bubbly and fun for the most part, with some impending divorce feelings thrown into the mix. MDNA definitely seems like her angry divorce record so far.

Guest groovyguy

It's easy to assume she's doing "Revolver" because of the latest inscription pic she posted on FACEBOOK, but we all know she likes to keep us guessing as well. I can see her posting that to make us think it's for the song "Revolver". I personally wouldn't mind if she did "Revolver". I liked the track. And it probably would fit well in a gangster segment in the show along side "Gang Bang"... and oh wait, maybe she could bring back "White Heat"?? I welcome anything new she brings to her shows, especially if it's a song we haven't heard live yet. Besides, I can't really stand "Spanish Lesson", but I did like what she did with it on the last tour.

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

From Rehearsals: My Loves a Revolver......... http://on.fb.me/MyLovesARevolver

Can't wait. I luv Revolver!

Guest Xanthium

Forget it. This will just everybody pissed off. Sorry I even mentioned it.

Although, I will say I mostly enjoyed Sticky and Sweet and I think Hard Candy was alright. Not amazing or anything so in that era's defense, I just felt a comparison. Not literal but almost as if the hard candy era never happened and MDNA was after Confessions, it would've been that kind of album but obviously better with a better tour.

You don't need to forget it honey, you're entitled to your opinion :) If you see a comparison it's just as valid. I hope you didn't think I was trying to be condescending with my question. I was merely wondering if you meant hip hop sound-wise or persona-wise.

Guest Xanthium

The only spiritual song on Confessions, at least to me, was Isaac. I can't think of anything else that had that. She talked about fame on How High and Let It Will Be (reading back the lyrics of Let It Will Be is interesting - I wonder what she meant by some of the things she said in that song). It was definitely a more serious album than it let on though.

That was the awesome thing about Confessions - the theme back then was Madonna looking all cute and bouncy and slutty like her old self, but the music was actually kinda layered and meaningful. Confessions isn't deep lyrically but there's a lot of "emotion" on there (I can't think of a better word to use). It's actually pretty underrated to me, in that sense. People dismiss the lyrics of that album but if you read them back, they're kind of abstract and interesting in their own way.

Hard Candy was bubbly and fun for the most part, with some impending divorce feelings thrown into the mix. MDNA definitely seems like her angry divorce record so far.

YES to all of this. I also found the album to be very romantic in certain parts (i.e. Get Together, Future Lovers, Forbidden Love) which I absolutely love.

You don't need to forget it honey, you're entitled to your opinion :) If you see a comparison it's just as valid. I hope you didn't think I was trying to be condescending with my question. I was merely wondering if you meant hip hop sound-wise or persona-wise.

No not at all. I didn't think anybody that commented was being rude or anything but I know some people have a strong dislike towards that era and will feel like the comparison is annoying. It's just something I was thinking ever since the gun look for the tour.

Maybe I'm just going dillusional as I wait for this album! Lol

Seriously I keep going back and forth, but at this point, LEAK! Lol

Guest Xanthium

No not at all. I didn't think anybody that commented was being rude or anything but I know some people have a strong dislike towards that era and will feel like the comparison is annoying. It's just something I was thinking ever since the gun look for the tour.

Who cares if they think it's annoying ;) FUCK 'EM! I love reading different opinions cause it makes me see things from a perspective I never thought of before.

Who cares if they think it's annoying ;) FUCK 'EM! I love reading different opinions cause it makes me see things from a perspective I never thought of before.

Yeah I agree just like your avatar! Lol no I'm j/k...I actually love that pic done "that way" ...she looks great!

I'm just so excited and I can't wait any longer. They keep giving Truth or Dare on VH1 classic and I'm watching that. Than I'm watching IGTTYAS and Sticky and Sweet. Ugh if I didn't have this forum, I don't know what I'd do. Thanks Mtribe and all the awesome people on here. :thumbsup:

Guest Xanthium

Yeah I agree just like your avatar! Lol no I'm j/k...I actually love that pic done "that way" ...she looks great!

I'm just so excited and I can't wait any longer. They keep giving Truth or Dare on VH1 classic and I'm watching that. Than I'm watching IGTTYAS and Sticky and Sweet. Ugh if I didn't have this forum, I don't know what I'd do. Thanks Mtribe and all the awesome people on here. :thumbsup:

Yeah it's a really exciting time! I'm much more excited this era than the HC era. Maybe it's because I know the music is more my style this time. I think it's so great that we can all come together as fans and share our love of Madonna. And I also love how we all have differing opinions cause that's just as fun too. I like reading about what fans love AND hate. It's fascinating. This album really is shaping up to be something special. THANK GOD. I was so worried after GMAYL and GGW.

Please point me to those reviews because I've read most every one I know that has been released so far and none of them have even compared the new album to HARD CANDY. In fact, many that even mentioned HARD CANDY, distinguished the stark difference.

And why do you say; "we won't know until we hear it ourselves"? You've heard all the 30 second/ one minute clips and GGW, GMAYL and MASTERPIECE. That's nine of it's 12 regular edition tracks. I think it's safe to say by hearing all these clips and full tracks that none of the songs are even remotely like HARD CANDY.

Anyone at this point claiming this album is anything close to the sound of HARD CANDY is off their rocker. As for the tour, other than knowing "GIRL GONE WILD" among the set list and possibly "Revolver" and/or "Gang Bang" and no doubt many of the new tracks, I don't see how you can even make any comparisons at this stage of the game.

But how is that compared to the STICKY AND SWEET tour? The previous tour didn't have a guns theme. It was mostly candy and party theme.

Guest ditaluver

just got the email to redeem MDNA

Congratulations! You're entitled to one CD or Download of Madonna's new "MDNA" album for each ticket you purchased, at no additional cost. Redeem all your album(s) by April 1st for a chance to WIN 2 pit tickets and see the show from the best spot in the house. 50 pit tickets to your show will be given away!

To redeem your album(s):

If you would like us to send you CDs, click “Send Me CDs Now”. Respond by March 19th to receive your CD(s) on March 26th, the same day the album is available in stores. This offer is available at no additional cost and we even pay for shipping!

Or

If you would prefer to download your album(s) starting March 26th, click “Download My Music” to the right. If you purchased more than one ticket, be sure to share the music with your friends by clicking “Send 1 Download To A Friend”.

You will get an additional chance to win for every album you redeem plus your friend will automatically be entered to win too!*

*Sweepstakes entrants must be at least 13 years of age and a United States resident. One entry per album redeemed by 11:59pm ET on 4/1/12, up to 8 entries per person, based on # of tickets purchased. Click here for official rules and alternate method of entry. For questions about your CDs or download, please contact Ticketmaster customer service: http://redeem.ticketmaster.com/support Album offer is only available until 11/30/12. Each link can only be used once.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We hope you have a great time at the show!

^^

I just redeemed two physical albums by mail. can't wait. hope they arrive before the 26th. :bow: