The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

She looks stunning in the red fingerless gloves pic. WHORE OF LIFE!!! :bow:

this era is PERFECTION visually. so far everything looks great , the photos , the single and album covers and the music videos. combined with the music and the tour , will this be another Confessions where everything fit together brilliantly? I JUST CAN'T :drama:

Exclusive Interview: Monte Pittman Talks Music, Madonna and Kickstarter

Sandra Graves

Sandra Graves, Yahoo! Contributor Network

Mar 10, 2012 "Share your voice on Yahoo! websites. Start Here."

tweet9

Print

FlagPost a comment

A lot of musicians start their careers working at Guitar Center, dreaming of the days when they can ditch the time clock and make it on their own, playing with the big names in the big arenas. Rock guitarist and songwriter Monte Pittman has been there and done that. He's now known for his work with Madonna, Adam Lambert, Prong, and his two solo albums, "The Deepest Dark" and "Pain, Love & Destiny." Monte also made headlines when he raised $65,500 on Kickstarter for his second album, exceeding his goal of $5k and making him the top rock musician to ever raise the most money on the crowd-funding platform. Monte takes a break from is busy schedule to talk about touring with Madonna this year, playing the Super Bowl, being honored with his own MPS Series from Jarrell Guitars, and what he has planned for his next album.

You have played on every live tour with Madonna since 2001. How did you get your start as a touring musician with her?

Monte: I started giving her guitar lessons and from there she asked me to go on tour and play guitar for her. I've played guitar for her since then. In the past I would play with Prong in between but now I've really been hitting it hard with my own stuff.

You performed at the 2012 Super Bowl with Madonna. Can you share a behind-the-scenes story from that day?

Monte: We rehearsed constantly up until the day of the show. There were so many people involved in the show; I didn't even meet them all. Playing the Super Bowl is about unity. It's the moment where everyone comes together and puts the rivalry of both teams aside. The atmosphere was very calm. I think just about anyone that I've ever known saw it.

Describe the typical day in the life of a touring musician.

Monte: That depends on who you are on tour with. Basically, wake up like any other day but you do sound check and play a show.

You raised $65,500 on Kickstarter for your new album, "Pain, Love & Destiny," exceeding your goal of $5k. On your Kickstarter page, you said, "The days of record labels putting up money for artists to make their albums is all but a dim light in our past." Are crowd-funding platforms like Kickstarter the new way for artists to fund projects, and what advice do you have for a musician who wants to raise money for a new album?

Monte: Yes - I think and I see that doing it yourself is the way to go. That seems to be the only way right now. What I meant by that statement is that there are very few record labels now as a result of so much that has happened in the music business. When I first moved to LA, I used to always hear of people's friends getting signed here or there. I don't hear that anymore at all. I've had more friends have successful Kickstarter projects than friends who have gotten signed and "made it big." It seems like the smaller labels are getting more done than the majors these days.

Who are your musical influences?

Monte: That always changes. Right now I really like Ray LaMontagne and Pantera equally.

Jarrell Guitars has honored you with your own MPS Series. Tell us about this guitar.

Monte: Phillip Jarrell approached me about this. I got one of his guitars a few years ago and was blown away at his craftsmanship. I wanted to have a guitar that could do anything. We achieved just that and more. Seymour Duncan made the pickups which have a lot to do with magnifying the tone that comes out of your hands. It's a guitar that everyone could benefit from by having it in their collection.

The music industry has changed a lot in the past decade. How do you feel about it? Do you prefer the simpler days, before the Internet, or has the digital age brought new energy to the industry?

Monte: I see it as a transition. Music goes in cycles in every aspect. Technology right now, not even 6 months ago, has made it an amazing place and time to be making music. It's definitely a hard time but there is also uncharted territory ahead of us. To me, that's exciting.

You moved from Longview, Texas to LA at 24 years old. A lot of kids are moving to LA much younger than that now to pursue a music career. Some of them lose focus and get taken down the wrong road. What advice do you have for the younger generation on how to handle Hollywood's twists and turns?

Monte: It's always a double-edged sword. If I were to try and move somewhere again, I would move to New York. Whichever city you go to, you have to be determined and you have to be ready to pick yourself when you make mistakes.

Are you working on any new projects? Any tour dates coming up?

Monte: I'm going on tour with Madonna again. The dates are on her website. I'm deeply in love with her new album. It's one of my favorite things she's ever done. You can listen to all of the singles individually, but I like listening to entire albums. I think these are some of her deepest lyrics I've heard from her. I'm blown away and can't wait to play some of this stuff live. For me, it kind of sums up everything we all have ever loved about her in one. As soon as I'm done with all of this, I'm making my third album. It's written. It just needs to be recorded. I've already started making the blueprint for it. When that comes out, I'm putting myself on whatever tour I can book -- however I can.

http://voices.yahoo.com/article/9417242/exclusive-interview-monte-pittman-talks-music-madonna-11068752.html?cat=33

Guest ditaluver

For me, it kind of sums up everything we all have ever loved about her in one.

this

Mdna

all the songs represent everything shes given us.

im high

i was responding to someone who edited their orginal comment. asking if it was fan made

:crazy:

HAHA!! sorry. thats good. I was shocked for a second that you were stating the obvious. Damn those "Post Edits!"

:rotfl:

:doodlemanson::rotfl:

I like the boxing theme, it was just waisted with that vomit candy. :lol:

it really was. After they decided not to name the album Give It 2 Me they just didn't know what to do. I don't mind the pussy pink cracked pepper mint on the cover, but jelly beans? :manson:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.mtvasia.com/news/madonna-plays-social-media-game-just-right-to-promote-mdna/#.T2Ad1tlp7Zc.twitter

Madonna Plays Social-Media Game Just Right To Promote MDNA

Even staying off Twitter, Madge is causing fan frenzy ahead of album's release.

Mar 14, 2012

Source: John Mitchell

Madonna may not be on Twitter, but she's got her social-media game face on in the lead-up to the release of her 12th studio album, MDNA — and we think she's doing a savvier job of promoting her album than most stars better known for their social-media presence.

While Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Rihanna have adopted Twitter as their forum of choice when communicating with fans, Her Madgesty has been ramping up her Facebook presence as MDNA's March 26 release nears. She's been socializing minute-long snippets of several MDNA album tracks — including "I'm Addicted" and "Gang Bang" — posting behind-the-scenes pictures of tour rehearsals and polling her fans about which back-catalog songs they'd like to hear when she hits the road.

Through Facebook, the Queen of Pop is teasing her album and tour by making fans feel like part of the process. And her mix of behind-the-scenes bravado and first-listen sneaks is creating a frenzy. Notably, she's done all this without having to say a word. She's psyching fans up without overwhelming them — a criticism Lady Gaga faced after her full-force media assault to promote Born This Way left many casual fans fatigued. The abundance of social networks, particularly Twitter, has made overdoing it all too easy.

The promotion process lends itself well to hyperbole, which sets up an impossible situation. When acts release albums, they are of course proud and often make grand declarations about quality, often in relation to their own previous efforts. "It's my best album/ song/ video" is a statement made by just about every singer for just about every release, and that opens the artist to immediate criticism. And it's easier than ever to make these overreaching statements now in our 140-characters-or-less culture. Twitter can also get celebrities in trouble.

Many celebrities have found themselves in hot water after shooting their mouths off on Twitter, often in response to criticism. Chris Brown is probably one of the most notable, having been criticized for, among other things, his use of homophobic slurs, his recent feuds with country star Miranda Lambert and WWE wrestler CM Punk and famously responding to criticism of his February appearance at the Grammys with a tweet reading, "HATE ALL U WANT BECUZ I GOT A GRAMMY Now! That's the ultimate F--- OFF!"

The point is that the unfiltered nature of the medium lends itself to major PR missteps. Rihanna, John Mayer and "90210" star AnnaLynne McCord (among many others) have found themselves in varying degrees of trouble following an ill-considered tweet. While we doubt Madonna would encounter the problems Brown has had if she took up tweeting — she's a total pro and typically pretty measured in any and all public statements she makes — since she doesn't tweet, she doesn't have to worry about this issue at all.

Instead, the pictures and song clips she's posted to Facebook and YouTube have received a decent amount of press pick-up and have kept the conversation about her album and tour going despite the middling reception to MDNA's lead single, "Give Me All Your Luvin'."

Additionally, by making clips of multiple songs available ahead of her album's release, Madonna has made many of the overwhelmingly positive reviews for MDNA more dynamic reads for fans. If you go to Billboard, you are treated not only to a flat-out rave, but to two full-length songs and four minute-long clips, making it not just a review but a preview. The preview experience is recreated on her Facebook page, with those same clips taking up space beside tour images on her timeline, creating what is, in our opinion, the ideal fan experience to kick off a new album.

In short, she knows MDNA is really good, knows it's not wise to say that out loud in our sound-bite culture and is using social networking to do the talking for her; still, she is keen to play it coy rather than overexpose herself.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/14/more-exclusive-and-very-interesting-details-on-mdna/

More exclusive and very interesting details on MDNA!

Madonnarama can reveal more details on the MDNA project!

Madonna won’t go on a promo tour this time, but she will receive journalists from all over the world in Los Angeles for promo interviews.

French channel TF1 has been invited to ensure the promo in France.

After the confirmation of the vinyl release, we can also reveal that multiple picture discs are planned for the singles!

Interscope has also prepared two different MDNA TV commercials intented for the United States. Both will be broadcasted before and after the release of Madonna’s album.

Universal Australia has announced today that MDNA will be officially released here on Friday March 23rd, NOT Monday the 26th as previously indicated. I'm guessing that there was concern that music stores here wouldn't be able to comply with the March 26th embargo and would sell the CD as soon as they received the stock on the 23rd, so they decided to make it the official release date (since all new product is released here on a Friday). This will mean that Australia and New Zealand will be the first countries in the world to see the official release of the album :thumbsup: It's a shame that I'll be at work all day..... :(

8 days, 8 hours and counting.... :)

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/14/more-exclusive-and-very-interesting-details-on-mdna/

Madonna won’t go on a promo tour this time, but she will receive journalists from all over the world in Los Angeles for promo interviews.

After the confirmation of the vinyl release, we can also reveal that multiple picture discs are planned for the singles!

Interscope has also prepared two different MDNA TV commercials intented for the United States. Both will be broadcasted before and after the release of Madonna’s album.

Great!!!! Thanks for this, you're the best groovyguy!!! MadonnaNation would be lost without you :thumbsup:

:dramatic::thumbsup::D:Disco_Ball::drama: