The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

When did they say this?

No one. Just speculation, I guess. But anyway, if it leaks, it'll be the weekend before the release. Isn't there some website planned to stream the full album, the Friday before the release? Maybe I've got the day wrong, but I thought I read there was a site that was going to stream the tracks. If so, a ripped version of this most likely leak.

There "saying" gang bang leaked in full but any link is the one minute snippet. Ugh! Oh well, better than it leaking, I guess. 15 more days!

i think they're referring to the extended dubtronic mix

some think it's the full song

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/11/madonna-interview-with-gorden-smart-for-the-sun/

Madonna Interview with Gorden Smart for The Sun

In an exclusive interview with Gordon Smart for “The Sun”, Madonna confessed she feels her “head is going to explode” from the stress of being a single mum after her divorce from Guy Ritchie.

Here is part one!

On parenting skills…

I’m not going to lie — it’s hard work having four kids and doing all the work I do.

Everybody has something to say about the way I live my life.

At the end of the day I’m doing my best. If people don’t like it, then that’s really their problem.

On divorce…

Sometimes I cope with it very well, sometimes it’s a struggle.

On the MDNA song “I Don’t Give A”…

It’s about the life of a single mother.

It’s a challenge juggling everything — multi-tasking is my middle name. I try to express that.

On being back in the recording studio…

It was amazing. I like it — I like the intimacy of a recording studio and song-writing.

I’m using a different part of my brain when I work on music versus than when I’m directing a film.

There’s a billion more people (on set) and I don’t have that visceral outlet of being able to sing, scream and jump around.

It was very different. I love doing both but it was nice to get to the simplicity of song-writing after three years of writing a script, directing, editing and talking about my film.

To sit down and play my guitar and sing a song — I almost cried.

On being a role model…

I hope I’m a role model. I hope I give other girls a voice, women a voice, other women someone to look up to and admire. I keep rolling with the punches and trying to have integrity.

And I hope I inspire women and give them strength to deal with life no matter what comes their way.

On protecting her younger kids from some of MDNA’s more adult tracks…

Every time I get in the car the radio is on. It’s quite shocking that my five and six-year-old children know the words to every single song on the radio.

They haven’t heard my entire album, they definitely haven’t heard Gang Bang.

I doubt that will ever get played on the radio.”

On Lourdes…

Yes, [Lourdes] is my background singer [on the track Superstar]. She just came over to the studio that day. Then I said, ‘Oh, can you sing this part?’ and she agreed to.

She has a very good voice. She’s quite shy about it and won’t admit it. Lots of people are knocking on my door to meet her about everything, movies and what-not.

But she’s not really interested in any of it. She just wants to go to school. She says to me, ‘Mum, I just want to be a normal kid. I’m not ready for any of that’.

I respect that, and if she ever wants to work with me on any level I welcome it.

But otherwise I leave her to her homework and school.

On fame…

We just try to have as normal a life as possible.

My life with them at home is really just about schoolwork and health and the after-school lessons just like everybody else.

Most of them go to a French school. My French is not very impressive, but it’s good enough. Everyone in my house speaks perfect French but me.

I’m getting better at understanding when they’re not talking about their homework.

I’m now picking up things and saying, ‘What did you say?’. I know the necessary swear words, so they have to be careful.

On the album title MDNA…

It’s an anagram of my name. I don’t really think about controversy — I think about irony.

It's almost a given that MDNA will be on sale in Australia before the official worldwide release date, since our chart week starts on a Friday. Retailers are told they have to keep new releases off the shelves until the official release date, but on the odd occasion that this isn't a Friday, the staff tend to put it on the shelves as soon as it arrives. Interscope will either have to organise a special delivery for Monday March 26th (unlikely) or deliver the album on their usual delivery schedule with all of their other product (highly likely). Industry observers in Australia are already assuming that it will be on shelves here from March 23rd (which is actually next week....!).

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/11/madonna-interview-with-gorden-smart-for-the-sun/

Madonna Interview with Gorden Smart for The Sun

In an exclusive interview with Gordon Smart for “The Sun”, Madonna confessed she feels her “head is going to explode” from the stress of being a single mum after her divorce from Guy Ritchie.

Here is part one!

Love this! When should we expect part 2?

Guest groovyguy

Love this! When should we expect part 2?

Gordon Smart ‏ @gordonsmart

Read #Madonna interview in The Sun on Sunday today #MDNA. Day two of Madge on Whitney tomorrow...

Guest groovyguy

Full Interview Part 1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4185811/Madonna-on-her-family-life.html

Madonna: It’s hard work as single mum of 4 ... at times my head feels like exploding

Queen of pop on her family life

SNN1114NEWMA_532_1468225a.jpg

Tough talk ... Madonna hits back at critics

World Exclusive

By GORDON SMART, Bizarre Editor

Published: Today at 00:04

MADONNA has confessed to The Sun she feels her "head is going to explode" from the stress of being a single mum after her divorce from Guy Ritchie.

The pop queen bared her soul in a world exclusive interview as she declared: "I'm not going to lie — it's hard work having four kids and doing all the work I do."

Her headaches over Lourdes, 15, Rocco, 12, David, six, and Mercy, five, are just the same as any divorcee holding down a job, according to the multi-millionairess.

And Madonna, 53, blasted critics of her parenting skills — fuming: "Everybody has something to say about the way I live my life.

"At the end of the day I'm doing my best. If people don't like it, then that's really their problem."

Madonna said four years after her divorce from 43-year-old Brit film director Ritchie: "Sometimes I cope with it very well, sometimes it's a struggle."

The star has used her experiences as a lone parent as an inspiration for some of the tracks on her forthcoming album, MDNA.

Discussing song I Don't Give A, she explained: "It's about the life of a single mother.

"It's a challenge juggling everything — multi-tasking is my middle name. I try to express that."

SNN1115BB_532_1468219a.jpg

Brood ... Madonna with Lourdes, David and Rocco

But the song is also a clear broadside at Ritchie — Rocco's dad. The lyrics include "I tried to be a good girl, I tried to be your wife", and describe how she was "trying to be all you expected of me".

And if that wasn't explicit enough, she also raps about the "life of an ex-wife", having "no time", "doing ten things at once", "custody" and "pre-nups".

However, a bonus track on the album appears to show Madonna accepting at least some of the blame for the couple's acrimonious split, describing how she was "cold" in an X-rated track called "I F***** Up".

One line states: "I blamed you when things didn't go my way. I could have just kept my big mouth shut."

MDNA was completed immediately after Madonna had spent three years writing and directing her latest film W.E. — about Edward and Mrs Simpson.

And it was a welcome relief for the singer to be back in the studio. She said: "It was amazing. I like it — I like the intimacy of a recording studio and song-writing.

SNN1115DD_532_1468220a.jpg

Finished ... Madonna with former hubby Guy Ritchie

"I'm using a different part of my brain when I work on music versus than when I'm directing a film.

"There's a billion more people (on set) and I don't have that visceral outlet of being able to sing, scream and jump around.

"It was very different. I love doing both but it was nice to get to the simplicity of song-writing after three years of writing a script, directing, editing and talking about my film.

"To sit down and play my guitar and sing a song — I almost cried."

The album comes out on March 26, but her latest single Give Me All Your Luvin' was unveiled to a select audience of 114 million viewers at half-time during last month's Super Bowl.

Madonna hopes her incredible work ethic — this is her 12th studio album in a 30-year career — remains an example to women around the world.

Speaking to The Sun from her New York apartment — while taking a break from son David's French homework — she said: "I hope I'm a role model. I hope I give other girls a voice, women a voice, other women someone to look up to and admire. I keep rolling with the punches and trying to have integrity.

SNN1108CC_532_1468221a.jpg

Motherly ... holding on to David and Mercy

"And I hope I inspire women and give them strength to deal with life no matter what comes their way."

The next job lined up for the workaholic superstar is protecting her younger kids from some of MDNA's more adult tracks — including I F***** Up and Gang Bang. But she revealed that it might be easier said than done.

The American icon explained: "Every time I get in the car the radio is on. It's quite shocking that my five and six-year-old children know the words to every single song on the radio.

"They haven't heard my entire album, they definitely haven't heard Gang Bang.

"I doubt that will ever get played on the radio."

The star's eldest, whom she calls Lola, is studying at a performing arts school in New York. She has recorded backing vocals on the track Superstar. But her mum is still determined to protect her, too — from the record labels and big film studios who are already sniffing around.

Madonna said: "Yes, she's my background singer. She just came over to the studio that day. Then I said, 'Oh, can you sing this part?' and she agreed to.

"She has a very good voice. She's quite shy about it and won't admit it. Lots of people are knocking on my door to meet her about everything, movies and what-not.

SNN1115EE_532_1468223a.jpg

Mad for it ... provocative look for new record

"But she's not really interested in any of it. She just wants to go to school. She says to me, 'Mum, I just want to be a normal kid. I'm not ready for any of that'.

"I respect that, and if she ever wants to work with me on any level I welcome it.

"But otherwise I leave her to her homework and school."

Speaking on the Graham Norton Show a few weeks ago, Madonna admitted she enjoyed the anonymity of a recent skiing trip when she could hide behind her goggles without being recognised. And she is determined to give her kids the same protection. She said: "We just try to have as normal a life as possible.

"My life with them at home is really just about schoolwork and health and the after-school lessons just like everybody else."

She added: "Most of them go to a French school. My French is not very impressive, but it's good enough. Everyone in my house speaks perfect French but me.

"I'm getting better at understanding when they're not talking about their homework.

"I'm now picking up things and saying, 'What did you say?'. I know the necessary swear words, so they have to be careful."

Madonna's own choice of language has sparked some controversy.

The album title MDNA has led to critics accusing the star of making light of MDMA — the chemical used in the illegal Class A drug Ecstasy.

But Madonna quickly brushes off the accusations, insisting: "It's an anagram of my name. I don't really think about controversy — I think about irony."

Guest Xanthium

I was initially worried that the lyrics on this album weren't going to be personal. But now that I know that's not the case I'm really pleased. I really respect Madonna being so honest about her feelings towards Guy and the marriage. And it's not like it's just one song. She opens up in Gang Bang, I Don't Give A, Love Spent, I Fucked Up and Best Friend. Let it all out girl. LET IT ALL OUT.

UK HMV

Top pre-orders

1. Madonna - MDNA

March, 26; CD £8.99

2. Paul Weller - Sonik Kicks

March, 19; CD £8.99

3. Iron Maiden - En Vivo: 2cd

March, 26; CD £8.99

4. Lostprophets (Lost Prophets) - Weapons

April, 2; CD £8.99

5. Leona Lewis - Glassheart

November, 26; CD £8.99

6. Madonna - Complete Studio Albums: 1983 2008: 11cd: Ltd

March, 26; CD £24.99

7. Labrinth - Electronic Earth

April, 2; CD £8.99

Guest groovyguy

UK HMV

Top pre-orders

1. Madonna - MDNA

March, 26; CD £8.99

2. Paul Weller - Sonik Kicks

March, 19; CD £8.99

3. Iron Maiden - En Vivo: 2cd

March, 26; CD £8.99

4. Lostprophets (Lost Prophets) - Weapons

April, 2; CD £8.99

5. Leona Lewis - Glassheart

November, 26; CD £8.99

6. Madonna - Complete Studio Albums: 1983 2008: 11cd: Ltd

March, 26; CD £24.99

7. Labrinth - Electronic Earth

April, 2; CD £8.99

:clap:

Really though. It's so fucking boring :lmao: They should've used Girl Gone Wild instead too.

Yeah its LAME but at this point its better than nothing. So much for Guy O's claim they are going to promote

in a less traditional way. So far in the UK we have had a newspaper interview and a tv advert :lol:

Guest Xanthium

So much for Guy O's claim they are going to promote in a less traditional way.

Guy O. is so lame. I guess when he meant less traditional promotion he meant NOT GOING DOOR TO DOOR :manson:

Gordon Smart ‏ @gordonsmart

Read #Madonna interview in The Sun on Sunday today #MDNA. Day two of Madge on Whitney tomorrow...

So she IS commenting on Whitney's death? Is this what I'm seeing??

If so, about time!