The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

I'm still curious about the footage that was being shot at the Smirnoff event by Akerlund. Hmmmm....

I'm waiting!!!!

I thought we were going to get podcasts based on the MDNA teaser youtube clip with MIA.

So Guy O doesnt really like me cause i tend to harass him every now and then, but someone should ask him if there will be any magazine covers. tks.

So Guy O doesnt really like me cause i tend to harass him every now and then, but someone should ask him if there will be any magazine covers. tks.

Harass all you want! Seriously..no TV, no mag covers? Yes, I know the tour is an all encompassing promo in itself but what the hell are they thinking?

Harass all you want! Seriously..no TV, no mag covers? Yes, I know the tour is an all encompassing promo in itself but what the hell are they thinking?

Seems like the tour will be the albums promo. Maybe she doesnt have time for tv promo with a massive tour ahead of her.

Seems like the tour will be the albums promo. Maybe she doesnt have time for tv promo with a massive tour ahead of her.

No, I agree. By all evidence they have no time spare for any promo's. It's terrible time management and saying 'yes' to too many projects in such a short period of time.

Madonna‘s ‘MDNA’ is set to drop on March 26 and that date can’t get here fast enough. To get us excited, Madge issued a minute-long snippet of album track ‘I’m Addicted.’ She only shares 69 seconds of the song, but we’re hooked.

From what we can tell via this teaser, there’s lots of studio effects and processing on her vocals. But with a tune like this, it’s more about the beats and the way her words sound, as opposed to what she is actually saying.

The song is essentially dancefloor Madonna. That is, it’s designed for those who want to put their drinks down at the club and shake it all night long, rather than stand at the bar and toss ‘em back repeatedly. She also announces in the lyrics that “I need to dance,” so she’s not masking her intentions.

Madge built her rep on these types of jams. This version is just electro heavy and modern, reflecting the synthy style that is so hot in modern pop music in 2012. We have to give Madonna credit. She certainly changes with the times, all the while retaining her own signature sound.

The Material Girl sings, “I need to dance / It feels like a drug / I can’t get enough / I’m addicted to your love” in hushed, distorted tones before she launches into a rhythmic chant of “M-D-N-A.” See if you can get through a listen without getting down a little bit. We couldn’t help but groove in our seats.

http://popcrush.com/...dicted-snippet/

Madonna has just premiered a 1-minute snippet of her upcoming MDNA album track, “I’m Addicted”!

The tranced-out dance floor assault was co-produced by Benny and Alle Benassi (better known together as the Benassi Bros.) and The Demolition Crew.

Take Confessions On A Dance Floor, a touch of Chris Brown‘s “Beautiful People,” a scoop of Kelis‘ Flesh Tone, a lil’ bit of ABBA and then throw them all into a disco ball-encrusted blender filled with acid: Shimmery and trance-y and trippy and insane, sort of like taking some…MDNA, right?

Oh, and “When I hear your voice, something happens to me, I have no choice”? A little “Like A Prayer” realness, yes?

This is seriously sick. (I just wish it wasn’t so LQ…) Bring on the rest of the record!

We really have to come to terms that Madonna is not interested in promo any more. I agree that tours don't promote albums though.

I think she is just bored with being interviewed for a new album. I mean she has done it so many times and she gets asked some

stupid questions. If you watch some old clips you can see she gets irritated.

:lmao: at 4.50

:lmao: @ 3.00

I think she is just bored with being interviewed for a new album. I mean she has done it so many times and she gets asked some

I agree.You can tell that,when she appears on these shows,she's bored with all the dumb,predictable questions.In her mind,she's probably rolling her eyes :lol: We have to remember that she's been playing this game since 1983.Maybe she simply doesn't want to whore herself on these shows,anymore.I can't blame her.

:lmao: at 4.50

:lmao: @ 3.00

:rotfl: the stills for these clips are Hideous

But she did it for the film, just saying.

But that was promoted over a period of literally 6 months. This tour was planned probably last fall to coincide with the album. I don't think they ever intended to promote this project like they did Confessions. She went the HC route again...ah well!