MDNA Press Reviews

Guest groovyguy

She sounds like a fan to me. Because she's not impressed with MDNA doesn't make her a hater or agist.

Certaily she comes off as one preferring Masterpiece over "trying to keep up with the kids" club sounds of the first part of the record. And why need to mention her age several times?

"Madonna is not making waves anymore, she’s chasing them." comment is also unnecessary (besides its not even true Gang Bang, hello?).

She's a very jealous gurl, living in the past & hanging on to her precious Confessions record and Vogue and Ray of Light, Id say who wanted to hate this record so badly but couldn't in the end.

She definitely needs a punch to be waken up.

The rave reviews make the best PROMO.

Yes Indeed ! :thumbsup:

It wasn't always perfect but it wasn't always bad.

madonna%20guy%20ritchie.jpg

blog070312_madonna.jpg

"This song is about being an emotional retard. God knows I've known a few of those."

"Of course I still love her. But she's retarded too."

OT: what a fucking horrendous photo that second one is

Aliendonna

I know this will have been posted long ago already, but I see that the disgraced News of the World, er sorry, The Sun has an XXXclusive Vadge interview talking about her new album. They even had TV adverts for this.. (wouldn't have known about it otherwise) can't do any harm. I may even have to buy the vile hateful rag.

Guest groovyguy

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/03/popgasm.html

Popgasm

Keith Caulfield's Billboard track-by-track of MDNA is out—and it's superpositive. I agree with most of it, too, and might've written parts of it had I had a better chance to really hear and live with the music. Anyone still not looking forward to this record after all the recent good buzz might just be through with Madonna. There's always Selena Gomez!

somebody said RS were impressed too..

the Rolling Stone critic tweeted that it is "better than they expected" and the review should be coming out very soon.

I've never seen such positive reviews for a Madonna album, ever....... :thumbsup:

I think Ray of Light...had crazy positive reviews............

I wonder if these positive reviews are gonna' do anything for sales? ..........

I wonder if these positive reviews are gonna' do anything for sales? ..........

The UK press gushed over LAP and ROL - all 10/10's.

Most even liked COADF and Music too.

Yes but i've seen some negative reviews of ROL... i couldn't believe my eyes. :blink:

Yes but i've seen some negative reviews of ROL... i couldn't believe my eyes. :blink:

I think DJ magazine (or was it Mix Mag?) gave it 6/10 saying it wasn't dancey enough.

From DrownedMadonna.com ...

All these reviews btw are driving me crazy! This is all too good to be true! Or is it?

After all the very positive reviews from the USA and UK, it seems that we are going to have great reviews also in Italy, where music critics are usually not very indulgent with Madonna.

The biggest name in Italian music journalism, Mario Luzzato Fegiz, was very impressed by the listening of Madonna's MDNA, which is described as the Ray of Light of 2012, or better the "turbocharged" Ray of Light. And comparing it to Lady Gaga's, "I admire Lady Gaga, but here we are just out of this world," Fegiz says.

Here is what Mario Luzzato Fegiz wrote today on his blog:

Madonna's MDNA - Turbocharged Ray of Light

This afternoon I was lucky enough to hear the deluxe edition of MDNA, the new Madonna album. What can I say?

I read the international reviews and I must say that I completely confirm their response : MDNA is extraordinarily beautiful! In the end, there is nothing really new under the sun, but it is so well produced and orchestrated to succeed where other albums have rather miserably failed. MDNA sounds cool and hypnotic, at times dark and violent. The album alternates between dance tracks, which wink to house music, and rather solar and introspective songs.

If Ray of Light was released in 2012, it would be called MDNA.

Madonna produced an album that is surprising and brilliant (BANG GANG), memorable (I'M A SINNER), jovial (SUPERSTAR), melancholic ( FALLING FREE), self-celebratory (I'M ADDICTED - SOME GIRLS), care-free (LOVE SPENT - TURN UP THE RADIO).

You can feel the touch of William Orbit throughout the whole production, even in those songs that he did not sign, since they perfecty fit in (and cross over) with the rest. MDNA is meant to go down in history, for the courage to dare in a flat and replicated business. I think this is the most beautiful, mature and complete album that Madonna has ever done.

P.S. I also agree with the comparisons with Lady Gaga, though sometimes those are inappropriate: I admire Lady Gaga, but here we are just out of this world.

Madonna is copying Lady Gaga ? If anything, she is celebrating herself, and I should damn well think!

I remember american life getting a huge rating here and confessions just getting an "ok". (humo) :inlove:

btw mensch, reading the first line of the article, for a second I thought we would be getting our first negative review from the italians. glad that wasnt the case :thumbsup:

I remember american life getting a huge rating here and confessions just getting an "ok". (humo) :inlove:

btw mensch, reading the first line of the article, for a second I thought we would be getting our first negative review from the italians. glad that wasnt the case :thumbsup:

From my memory American Life was mixed but not due to the quality of the music but the departure from anything that was considered commercial. They were biased, I believed.

And I know, how great is it that this is the first time it's mentioned/opinionated that both halves of the album mesh well into one WO creation even if he wasn't credited for producing the first half? I really hope I feel that way about it cause although I know it's going to be great, I would like to feel an overall cohesion and we were all guessing earlier that it was just no going to be the case this time around. Some reviewers also said they felt the shift in sounds from the specifically-produced tracks by Martin and WO. This is the first time someone feels that they compliment each other.

From DrownedMadonna.com ...

All these reviews btw are driving me crazy! This is all too good to be true! Or is it?

After all the very positive reviews from the USA and UK, it seems that we are going to have great reviews also in Italy, where music critics are usually not very indulgent with Madonna.

The biggest name in Italian music journalism, Mario Luzzato Fegiz, was very impressed by the listening of Madonna's MDNA, which is described as the Ray of Light of 2012, or better the "turbocharged" Ray of Light. And comparing it to Lady Gaga's, "I admire Lady Gaga, but here we are just out of this world," Fegiz says.

Here is what Mario Luzzato Fegiz wrote today on his blog:

Madonna's MDNA - Turbocharged Ray of Light

This afternoon I was lucky enough to hear the deluxe edition of MDNA, the new Madonna album. What can I say?

I read the international reviews and I must say that I completely confirm their response : MDNA is extraordinarily beautiful! In the end, there is nothing really new under the sun, but it is so well produced and orchestrated to succeed where other albums have rather miserably failed. MDNA sounds cool and hypnotic, at times dark and violent. The album alternates between dance tracks, which wink to house music, and rather solar and introspective songs.

If Ray of Light was released in 2012, it would be called MDNA.

Madonna produced an album that is surprising and brilliant (BANG GANG), memorable (I'M A SINNER), jovial (SUPERSTAR), melancholic ( FALLING FREE), self-celebratory (I'M ADDICTED - SOME GIRLS), care-free (LOVE SPENT - TURN UP THE RADIO).

You can feel the touch of William Orbit throughout the whole production, even in those songs that he did not sign, since they perfecty fit in (and cross over) with the rest. MDNA is meant to go down in history, for the courage to dare in a flat and replicated business. I think this is the most beautiful, mature and complete album that Madonna has ever done.

P.S. I also agree with the comparisons with Lady Gaga, though sometimes those are inappropriate: I admire Lady Gaga, but here we are just out of this world.

Madonna is copying Lady Gaga ? If anything, she is celebrating herself, and I should damn well think!

:wow::wow::wow:

Now, I wanna see the review from RS. If they gave HC 4/5, they should give MDNA 6/5.

thats 4,5/10 and 6,5/10 right? because Ive only seen Four star ratings (to five) in some reviews, but other than that I havent seen any ratings yet, specifically not ratings to 10

RollingStone never give 5 stars out of 5 stars aside to rock bands/artist like Bruce Springsteen recent review last week got 5/5 stars. Pop stars don't get that high. If it gets high review the most it will get a 4/5. That is great btw.

Guest HaveASit

HC received 4/5, not 4/10. Its very bizarre, because COADF score, at first, was lower than the Lollipop album. But now, they upgraded the number to 4 stars.

By the way, Madonna has two 5/5 albums: TIC and LAP. Ray of light is 4.5/5.

Edited by Matheus

HC received 4/5, not 4/10. Its very bizarre, because COADF score, at first, was lower than the Lollipop album. But now, they upgraded the number to 4 stars.

By the way, Madonna has two 5/5 albums: TIC and LAP. Ray of light is 4.5/5.

LAP was originally reviewed at 3/5