MDNA Press Reviews

Guest groovyguy

Judging from some of the negative reviews it's literally astounding just how ageist society is at large. Once you pass the age of 30 you should crawl into a barn and die like a wounded cow? What total bullshit! What the fuck is all of this socially constructed being 'age appropriate' bullshit? Total nonsense preached by fucking idiots. Rant over...phew!

Agreed. Album reviews should be about the fucking songs and not about the singer's age or anything else.

I am SO GLAD Madonna is acting like a freaking slut in GGW just to piss off these conservative idiots even more.

METACRITIC hates Madonna they added that county Telegraph review which got only 40. Swear the god they look the worst reviews and add those. DAMN BITCHES!

Although I don't think Metacritic has a Madonna vendetta ( :lol: ) I can't believe the Telegraph allowed that review to be printed. It didn't even sound like she heard the fucking album. It barely even had more than 3 lines about the actual music. Most of it was swipes at Madonna. WTF does her looking tired have to do with anything?

Guest Not4Pussies

Entertainment Weekly gave it a B- saying she tries too hard and the best songs are the ballads. Reviewed by a woman.

I dont get it..the telegraph review was just released yesterday and they have added it asap but the other reviews which were issued a week over and other recent better review takes a lot of time...what are they doing ??

DrownedMadonna.com ‏ @DrownedMadonna

Q mag. says MDNA is everything you would want from a #Madonna album and that it's her best album since Ray Of Light. 4/5 stars. @guyoseary

http://www.facebook.com/drownedmadonna

Q Magazine Review of Madonna's MDNA.

In the new issue there's a full page review basically saying MDNA is everything you would want from a Madonna album and that it's her best collection of songs since Ray of Light. They list I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, I'm A Sinner, Turn Up The Radio, Falling Free and Some Girls as highlights. 4/5 stars.

Hallelujah !

and why does the Telegraph reviewed her album twice ? And BITCH PLEASE at that woman reviewer .

The funny thing is all those critics who say she should act her age will be the first in line to express their disappointment once she decides to make an "old fashioned" album. Fact is, in the eye of some, well many people Madonna just can't do right. Never could. Never will.

Yes they will be saying things like " Oh I miss the FUN Madonna. The Dance Madonna. ". I remembered even when Ray of Light came out in some reviews said that .

It's ok though. Madonna is a ICON and she doesn't have to please anyone and everyone.

Oh and she is 71 on Metacritics.

Guest LeJazzHot!

Yes they will be saying things like " Oh I miss the FUN Madonna. The Dance Madonna. ". I remembered even when Ray of Light came out in some reviews said that .

It's ok though. Madonna is a ICON and she doesn't have to please anyone and everyone.

Oh and she is 71 on Metacritics.

The Metacritic score will go up much higher once they add on Q, Newsday, Billboard, Rolling Stone, and MTV as well as a bunch of others coming our way.

I dont get it..the telegraph review was just released yesterday and they have added it asap but the other reviews which were issued a week over and other recent better review takes a lot of time...what are they doing ??

They are SHADY AS FUCK.

They always try to drag pop stars' scores down by not counting good reviews.

Hh.. so.. why exactly did they submit that "review" of the telegraph and ignore the actual decent track-by-track review on metacritic?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/9127093/Madonnas-new-album-MDNA-track-by-track-review.html

could more people ask this question to metacritic, because this is just unfair. why allow a personal opinion on the artist and ignore the real review?

71 on metacritic??? that's absolutely reductive for such a great album like mdna! is there no way we can submit the list of reviews we've collected to them?

I dont think you can find an email address for them, only submitting a question/ticket is what they provide right now- unless I havent searched enough.. I sent it in anyway but I hope others will do so as well. I doubt they'll take a notice of one or two people.

Guest LeJazzHot!

I am writing a VERY STRONGLY WORDED LETTER TO METACRITIC as we speak

In the letter to Metacritic, can I attach reviews that they missed?

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/drops-madonna-still-on-top-with-mdna-1.3620167

Drops: Madonna still on top with 'MDNA'

Published: March 23, 2012

By GLENN GAMBOA glenn.gamboa@newsday.com

Madonna is at a crossroads.

The windup for her 12th studio album, "MDNA" (Interscope), was huge, drawing more than 114 million viewers for the most-watched Super Bowl Halftime Show in history, where she rolled out the album's first single "Give Me All Your Luvin'." However, radio didn't really embrace the giddy, cheerleader-driven pop song, which stalled at No. 10 after its initial burst of sales, even after it was augmented with current A-listers Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and LMFAO. That welcome re-raised the question that has dogged Madonna for the past decade or so: Can she still be a pop star?

Part of what makes "MDNA" so extraordinary is that the answer seems unclear -- even to Madonna. On half of "MDNA," Madonna, surrounded by such state-of-the-art collaborators as hot producer Martin Solveig, sounds like she is readying her last stand as the Queen of Pop, marshaling upbeat dance numbers, well-crafted enough to match anything today's crop of pop princesses -- Rihanna, Katy Perry and, of course, Lady Gaga -- could muster. On the other half of "MDNA," though, Madonna, with her "Ray of Light" producer William Orbit, sounds like she could easily leave pop behind to create dark, challenging EDM and work on her far-more-lucrative concert tours.

Throw in the fact that Madonna clearly still has unresolved feelings about her divorce from director Guy Ritchie -- and is willing to openly discuss them -- and "MDNA" not only becomes her most interesting album since 1998's "Ray of Light," but her most artistically fearless album since 1989's "Like a Prayer."

There is no filler here, no unrealized potential. Each song on "MDNA" is part of Madonna's internal argument about her future as a pop star, an artist, a wife and a woman. And over the course of an hour or so, they all try to hash it out.

The songs produced by Solveig, best known in America for the dance hit "Hello," are all timely pop songs, ranging from the catchy escapism of "Give Me All Your Luvin' " and "Turn Up the Radio" to the defiant "I Don't Give A," which features Madonna rapping about her post-divorce life ("You were so mad at me / Who's got custody? / Lawyers, suck it up / Didn't have a pre-nup") and employs Minaj in another song-stealing turn.

The songs produced by Orbit are more diverse. There's the tabloid-fodder dubstep "Gang Bang," where Madonna cleverly adopts Ritchie's violent filmmaking style into her lyrics, and the electronic "Some Girls." However, even more thrilling is the gorgeous, vulnerable trio of tracks that close out the regular version of the album -- the Abba-esque, banjo-riffic "Love Spent," the Golden Globe-winning love song "Masterpiece" and the epic, "Frozen"-like "Falling Free," where Madonna looks for a way to move on.

"MDNA" shows that Madonna, who celebrates the 30th anniversary of her breakthrough debut this year, can still pull out some surprises -- even for herself.

MADONNA

"MDNA"

GRADE A

BOTTOM LINE Madonna expresses herself

^ that must be the only article I've read that doesn't say how old she is....finally focusing on the topic at hand