Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

Another amazing review from italian press ( La Stampa ) :

Madonna che potenza

Google Translate

Madonna Power

LUCA Dondoni

Milan

If you listened to the teaser-single Madonna titled Gimme all your luvin 'and you thought that the new album MDNA follow the same melodic line put on your heart at rest. In a continuous rebound of the sacred and the profane in the twelve tracks of the standard version with the addition of the five 'deluxe edition with four new and a remix, Ms. Ciccone is back with a devastating power. The team of collaborators includes Benny Benassi and Ale, Mika, William Orbit, Martin Solveig for the production and Nicki Minai, MIA, LFMAO, Klas Ashlund and Joe Henry rumors. The mixing is carried out by Demacio "Demo" Castellon husband of Nelly Furtado.

The album opens with the new single Girl gone wild with pain and the words of the Act states that Madonna contrite, but it's just a moment. Already by the second track gang bang, where the reference to sex is just piled up in the title, the artist recites verses where shot in the head to unimaginable musical rival (Lady Gaga?). Continue with I'm addicted and rhythms are perfect for a darkroom LGBT. Turn up the radio is lifted, even though Martin Solveig manages to keep the tension high dance. Gimme all your lovin 'machine-gunned after the previous song seems even more than it is. Good thing that geniaccio William Orbit has masterfully used Protools and takes off with Some Girls.

Lourdes Maria, her teenage daughter, the mother would have wanted inserisse his name in the credits of the piece, where Superstar takes part in a choir, but never mind. "When he asked me - says Miss Ciccone - I laughed, I had already done." Many references to marriage foundered with director Guy Ritchie. I do not give in to the material-girl sings his despair: "I tried to be a good girl, I tried to be a wife. I was belittled, I swallowed my light. " Confessions heavy, made even more heavy in I fucked up with a final hopeful and sincere mea culpa: "No one better than I did wrong and I'm sorry. I was ashamed, I thought we were indestructible and would never have fallen. Perhaps we might try again one day. " There are explicit references to the Church. In'm a sinner (trans. "I am a sinner") are Jesus, Mary, St. Christopher, St. Sebastian, St. Anthony and a desire for redemption, which, however, you believe with hard work. The lowest point on the album is spent in the final with Love, Masterpiece Free eFalling not leave large signs. Good instead of the four unreleased second album. Beautiful killer devoted to Alain Delon, I fucked up the rhyme B'Day Song and a good work of the Benassi cousins ​​on Best Friend. The MDNA will arrive in Italy in Milan on June 14 and 16 in Florence.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6732

MDNA-invasion on the Italian daily press

Regulars of the MadonnaTribe Italia news page knew that yesterday was the day when the most part of the Italian national press was going to publish their MDNA reviews following the official listening sessions for members of the media at Universal Music Italia.

And in the most classic MadonnaTribe tradition, here we are offering our readers an in-depth look at the MDNA invasion on the daily press of Italy, which spans from leading national newspapers such as la Repubblica and il Corriere della Sera to the local press, covering a vast and multifaceted audience which goes from left-wing newspapers to the traditional catholic ones - all with the help of MadonnaTribe longtime friend and contributor GIOrGIO from Super-Pop.it

mdna_corriere.jpg

It would be AWESOME if she could have that much media coverage on a worldwide level!! If they can do that in Italy, they can do that everywhere!!!

some reviews are so-so, ageist, making constant references to catholic themes. but this is to aspect from italian newspaper that are always prejudiced to Madonna.

i've made a translation of the "La Repubblica" (the most important italian journal with Il Corriere della Sera) review by the critic Gino Castaldo.

sorry for my english, it's been really hard :sneaky::dramatic:

in some point is really acid and annoying.

Tweetters tweet crazy, social networks go mad, because the favourite icon, the one and only diva of the virtual age comes back with a new disc that already in the title, MDNA, sounds as a self-celebration, as a shiny mirrorball that wants to spread ray of dazzling lights into the ideal world dancefloor over that Madonna reigns. The album should confirm a supremacy, made creaking by a colossal performance at the Superbowl, criticized for an excess of “wanting to appear young”, at her venerable age of 53, and by a lead single not successful. The album starts, we have to admit, with powerfull acceleration, starting with GGW, built together with the Italian Benny Benassi. Italians do it better, everyone knows, and since from the beginning we understand that we are not simply on the dancefloor, we rather are in an alien planet, where the official language is the dance language, and the Benassi’s sounds, as the Orbit and Solveig’s sounds, are unconstrained, are the aristocracy of the tecno that goes on top carrying like a royal chair the thin but imperious Madonna’s “little voice” (dispregiative here..). the album talks about girls, stubbornly, bad girls that want to have fun, that want the freedom of having fun without asking allowance (not sure about the translation, sorry), and don’t want to stop until dawn. In a song, Gang Bang, written by a lot of people including Orbit and Mika, the situation get the feel of a Tarantino movie, almost an electronic drama, with stops, street noise, restarting, shoots. The voice is darker, threatening, whispered in the dark of threatening streets with careful malice.

Age and career aside, Madonna doesn’t give up to the desire to be the eternal queen of the teenagers, and this remain her Achille’s heel (weak point), as she showed at the Superbowl: no renunciation, no concession to the rivals that undermine her throne. Sometimes, like in I’m addicted, her voice has no importance, filterd, perverted (not sure about the translation), almost to the point to disappear in her physical reality. In other tracks a couple of her rivals (sic!), the young Nicky Minaj e M.I.A go with her, she makes her sing and rap, look for complicity and reassert that the singers who admit her superiority are accepted, well-liked, even helped and sustained.

Nicky Minaj pays her tribute saying without uncertain terms: “exists only one queen, and is Madonna, bitch!”, and she says at the end of a track, I don’t give a (sic) A, that seems another manifesto: “I’ve tried to be a good girl, I’ve tried to be a wife. Diminished myself, swallowed my light”, a track that ends even with classical emphasis.

A lot of times comes back the subject of the sin, insistence that only an artist grown in an oppressive catholic education …can bring out so well. In a 60s flavoured track, eastern sounding and titled I’m a Sinner, she reaffirms: “I’m a sinner, and I like it”. Girls and girls again, sinful, that in a track like Superstar, where Lourdes sings, they can blend without remourse John Travolta, Bruce Lee and Abraham Lincoln. Are’nt they all heroes, even for different reasons?

But that’s not the end. With surprise, after so many shameless dance excesses, there are three wiseful melodic tracks. Love Spent, Masterpiece and Falling Free where she even allows herself a clean singing, without tricks, or almost without….

It all would end here but there is a Deluxe edition with four more tracks that is suitable for the most eagers.

Guest LeJazzHot!

I believe is gonna be on the 26th. :thumbsup:

Idk i've seen albums show up on there in advance of its release date (Rihanna's TTT for example)

mdna_larepubblica.jpg

Yuck. Really poorly written review from a desperate journalist with no arguments. Full of the usual Madonna criticism cliches and backhanded compliments . . . basically it's mentioned a zillion times how Madonna is desperate to deliver a youth-oriented product, that her performance at the Superbowl was mediocre :doh: and ridden by her desire to appear as youthful as possible, that her voice was treated too much on most of the record and that she's not a serious musician (at the end a quote from her interview with Larry Flick is thrown into it: "If things went tits up I'm sure I'd be happy just to sit in a corner in the street and play the guitar for people" - I am not sure if she'd survive then") :crazy:

Yuck. Really poorly written review from a desperate journalist with no arguments. Full of the usual Madonna criticism cliches and backhanded compliments . . . basically it's mentioned a zillion times how Madonna is desperate to deliver a youth-oriented product, that her performace at the Superbowl was mediocre and ridden by her desire to appear as youthful as possible, that her voice was treated too much on most of the record and that she's not a serious musician (at the end a quote from her interview with Larry Flick is thrown into it: "If things went tits up I'm sure I'd be happy just to sit in a corner in the street and play the guitar for people" - I am not sure if she'd survive then") :crazy:

Yeah, these kind of reviews are SO predictable :doh: