MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

Theory? It's not really a "theory." She's practically said it in interviews. She needs to pay the bills, and making albums doesn't do that anymore, not just because of the market being what it is, but because SHE doesn't sell very well anymore. She does, however, sell out arenas. And good for her. But the least she can do for her Interscope, who's dumping millions into marketing the album, is make yourself available for a few weeks before locking yourself in a rehearsal studio. I never said she's lost her integrity (I mean, she has, but not for this reason). The argument that she "has kids now" and so she can't make a few TV/radio appearances doesn't hold any water. We're talking about going on tour - which is way more disruptive to family life. What does it have to do with growing up? How is touring more "grown up" than doing press for your album? I don't think she needs to go on American Idol and Dancing with the Stars and every morning show on TV. I do think, however, there's really no reason she couldn't have started the tour one month later and make herself a little more visible leading up to the release. Not to mention, you know we're going to get crap videos, if any at all.

How is it disruptive to family life when her kids are out of school and she TAKES THEM WITH HER? :manson: What I meant by grown up = being a mom and having kids and having your priorities split. It's not rocket science.

And I like how you've automatically assumed that Girls Gone Wild video is going to be SHIT when everything we've heard has so far pointed to the contrary. DOOM AND GLOOM. Dry your tears and go back to worshipping to Lady Gaga who promotes year long and has successful album campaigns. Madonna's not the pop star she used to be. We've known this since 2003. Either get onboard or move on. And I know that sounds very Kurt420/Pud Whacker of me but let's face it, she just released an amazing song and gave an interview which negates everything you just posted, so la dee da.

If you let her lack of album promo get in your way of fandom then I feel sorry for you. And if you feel her integrity is gone then I wonder why you're on here at all... We're all gonna have to assume you're on this board just to hear yourself talk, and in that case, you're looking a suspension son.

OK i gave it a second listen, the first i HATED IT!!!! Now i am in love with it!!!!

:rotfl:

This is like a drug! The more you listen the more you become addicted! Unlike Girl Gone Open...

Such a fucking amazing track. I hate it's not a single. I hate we'll get probably a good video for GGW.

Yes... all that money spent on GGW... :(

I'm Addicted is MDNA's Impressive Instant :dramatic: Won't be a single too... :(

The problem with those chat shows is you don't really get to talk about your music. Just small talk stuff about your kids or your life in general. So I'm not sure how much they really help with getting people to buy albums. I could see how she could find being on those shows tiresome. If she could do one or two interviews with a magazine that focuses on music like Rolling Stone or Q that would be something I would enjoy more.

I agree.Instead of seeing her on those boring chat shows (where she would be faking a smile and wishing she was somewhere else),I'd rather read an in-depth Billboard magazine interview,where they actually ask her questions about the MUSIC.