MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

I have a feeling I'm going to Love MDNA.Many reviews said GMAYL wasn't an indication of the musical direction of the album which is good in my opinion .

From what I read so far it could turn out to be GRRRRRRRREAT !

Guest Xanthium

True true true! But I'm going to the shows in Yankee Stadium and Atlantic City. It's the first time, I'm sitting anywhere nearby and going to more than two shows...should I watch leaks? Lol I need someone to pressure me not to!

Well I don't know it's up to you. Do you like being surprised or do you like knowing what you're going into? If this is your first time going to a Madonna concert you might want to go in spoiler-free. But honestly that's REALLY hard with the internet and everything. If you abstain, you're gonna have to be diligent :)

Madonna and her incompetent team are the very responsible for this MESS! If the album is that good they would have no difficult whatsoever to find a good single and release it without gimmicks to chart. It really get me on my nerves on how this project has turned into this mess of excuses of "buzz singles", snipets, no promo, and halfassed music as lead singles (since we have no idea which single is what in this mess).

I hate to go check music/gossip/gay sites and people (that want her to fail) are PROUD LOUD saying she is a FLOP! :gross:

Oh Madonna. I'm trusting in you to make the MDNA era unforgettable (in a good way!) but WTF is with this mess you are doing???? :manson:

Record companies know jack shit about great records. All they see is something that *might* make them some money. A record could be a masterpiece, or it could be crap, they'll still give it to you in a million crazy formats and release singles that some will disagree with.

At the end of the day, charts and internet negativity don't matter, great work outlasts it all.

As always, it's about the music and your relationship to it. Nothing else matters.

I am mostly excited about the music, but can't help smile at all the chart success Madonna is enjoying this era! Not only did she deliver the most successful halftime show ever, she scored HER 38TH TOP TEN single with GMAYL! That same tune made Top 10 on Dance chart in TWO WEEKS! Then GGW was a Top 40 hit on ITunes with zero promo or radio play! And best of all she sold more pre-orders of her album on ITunes than anyone else has!

I am sure fans of other artists are in meltdown that the Queen has risen again!

Here comes MDNA in three weeks, feel the love guys!!!

Guest bluejean

I hope she announces the Australian dates BEFORE the tour starts, then I can aim to be spoiler free. Although EIGHT months avoiding tour spoilers, that's some serious dedication required :lol:

I hope she announces the Australian dates BEFORE the tour starts, then I can aim to be spoiler free. Although EIGHT months avoiding tour spoilers, that's some serious dedication required :lol:

I know... I think I may just start with the setlist for one month, then try to not watch all the performances, rather read the reviews instead. Then, I'll watch a few vids and that's it!

I am mostly excited about the music, but can't help smile at all the chart success Madonna is enjoying this era! Not only did she deliver the most successful halftime show ever, she scored HER 38TH TOP TEN single with GMAYL! That same tune made Top 10 on Dance chart in TWO WEEKS! Then GGW was a Top 40 hit on ITunes with zero promo or radio play! And best of all she sold more pre-orders of her album on ITunes than anyone else has!

:thumbsup:

:inlove:

Record companies know jack shit about great records. All they see is something that *might* make them some money. A record could be a masterpiece, or it could be crap, they'll still give it to you in a million crazy formats and release singles that some will disagree with.

At the end of the day, charts and internet negativity don't matter, great work outlasts it all.

As always, it's about the music and your relationship to it. Nothing else matters.

That's the truth of it. Everyone has an opinion. I'm fine with people not digging some of her stuff, but I've invested years in this woman. Yes, we all have our favorites, but it humors me how some criticize GGW to be a "cheap" track or what not, when much of the first album and True Blue era included a lot of usual cheaptastic meaningless pop. I loved it then and I love it now. Madonna may have produced some pretty innovating hits, but let's not pretend that GGW is the first time she's crafted a song for mainstream pop. This idea that she has to shit out a "Masterpiece" with every album is just nonsense. Some of the most popular songs in history are simple if not downright dumbass songs. Not to degrade Madonna's music, but c'mon... who really thinks "Lucky Star" and "Holiday" includes such profound and meaningful lyrics. Even the video for "Lucky Star" was just her dancing around a sound stage. How innovating is that? You can try to excuse it anyway you want, but Madonna's music is more than just about the meaningless pop tunes. Her image/persona/visionary plays a huge part. This nonsense that she's thought of as some mature and demure mother of four is just pure crap. That's not why I fell in love with her. I fell in love with the woman who pulled shit that pushed people buttons, not the norm. I feel in love with the woman who paraded half naked and was called a tramp and whore. Did I think that was her TRUE self? NO! It's a persona!! And over the years, she's managed to craft it into something different with each album. Madonna's usually at her best when she's playing "naughty". She's at her best when she's having fun or got something provocative to say. She's at her best when she's doing things that you don't expect. And yet again, here she is fifty years old, and people expect this mature demure woman to sing what? STANDARDS? Do they really expect her lyrics are always going to be profound? You're kidding yourself if you think that. Madonna is a business. She's always been. She doesn't just "phone in" anything either. She takes time to create and when she's done, she'll share it a way that she knows how to get the biggest bang for her buck. She isn't stupid. She knows exactly what she's doing. Whatever you think of this album, in the end, it means shit because those who simply enjoy her for being HER will always enjoy HER, while she laughs all the way to the bank, headlining these top grossing tours.

we need some more of shane :)

That's the truth of it. Everyone has an opinion. I'm fine with people not digging some of her stuff, but I've invested years in this woman. Yes, we all have our favorites, but it humors me how some criticize GGW to be a "cheap" track or what not, when much of the first album and True Blue era included a lot of usual cheaptastic meaningless pop. I loved it then and I love it now. Madonna may have produced some pretty innovating hits, but let's not pretend that GGW is the first time she's crafted a song for mainstream pop. This idea that she has to shit out a "Masterpiece" with every album is just nonsense. Some of the most popular songs in history are simple if not downright dumbass songs. Not to degrade Madonna's music, but c'mon... who really thinks "Lucky Star" and "Holiday" includes such profound and meaningful lyrics. Even the video for "Lucky Star" was just her dancing around a sound stage. How innovating is that? You can try to excuse it anyway you want, but Madonna's music is more than just about the meaningless pop tunes. Her image/persona/visionary plays a huge part. This nonsense that she's thought of as some mature and demure mother of four is just pure crap. That's not why I fell in love with her. I fell in love with the woman who pulled shit that pushed people buttons, not the norm. I feel in love with the woman who paraded half naked and was called a tramp and whore. Did I think that was her TRUE self? NO! It's a persona!! And over the years, she's managed to craft it into something different with each album. Madonna's usually at her best when she's playing "naughty". She's at her best when she's having fun or got something provocative to say. She's at her best when she's doing things that you don't expect. And yet again, here she is fifty years old, and people expect this mature demure woman to sing what? STANDARDS? Do they really expect her lyrics are always going to be profound? You're kidding yourself if you think that. Madonna is a business. She's always been. She doesn't just "phone in" anything either. She takes time to create and when she's done, she'll share it a way that she knows how to get the biggest bang for her buck. She isn't stupid. She knows exactly what she's doing. Whatever you think of this album, in the end, it means shit because those who simply enjoy her for being HER will always enjoy HER, while she laughs all the way to the bank, headlining these top grossing tours.

While I agree with the bottom half of your post...

Her first album is usually credited as one of the most important Dance albums of the 80s, and is usually known as the very first album that introduced "Dance-pop" that isn't disco. So yes, I'd say songs like Lucky Star and Holiday are innovative, even if they're fairly vapid. As for the True Blue era, yeah it was frivolous Pop, but she was expanding as an artist and becoming more "intelligent," so to speak. I think that's why people have such a problem with the singles released. It's nothing new, innovative, progressive... or anything. Judging from the reviews, we're gonna get a lot of raw emotion so I'm definitely looking forward for that, since she hasn't really been angry in her songs in a long time.

shut the fuck up

It's because of posts like this that this forum turns into a mammoth DISASTER area around album release, becuz people just spend their time bumming each other out. I've never seen such hysteria.

1) The Girl Gone Wild single hasn't even been officially launched in most of the world - not even in the USA, it hasn't been added to radio for airplay or anything

2) The Girl Gone Wild video hasn't even been released

3) We know nothing about her future plans

4) I think it's pretty clear what the singles have been - GMAYL as the first, GGW as the 2nd. WHO CARES ABOUT MASTERPIECE RANDOMLY BEING PLAYED ON UK RADIO?

5) The album is still 3 weeks away and news comes up every single day practically. CALM THE FUCK DOWN

Make another post like this and I'm closing this thread, I hate reading NEGATIVE PANICKY SHIT like this, this is the time we're all supposed to be excited, not SCREAMING INTO OUR PILLOWS about PROMO and CHARTS :megamanson:

PREACH!

jshj0j.gif

So this week we are gonna get some 60 sec snippets and different album reviews, then a full album preview by next week, with the whole album leaking the week after. I.CAN't.ANYMORE

Her first album is usually credited as one of the most important Dance albums of the 80s, and is usually known as the very first album that introduced "Dance-pop" that isn't disco. So yes, I'd say songs like Lucky Star and Holiday are innovative, even if they're fairly vapid. As for the True Blue era, yeah it was frivolous Pop, but she was expanding as an artist and becoming more "intelligent," so to speak. I think that's why people have such a problem with the singles released. It's nothing new, innovative, progressive... or anything. Judging from the reviews, we're gonna get a lot of raw emotion so I'm definitely looking forward for that, since she hasn't really been angry in her songs in a long time.

My point is that there is more to it than just how profound the lyrics are or if she's producing something different than what's already out there, because more than less, she's produced more mainstream pop than music that was superbly innovated every time. Most people remember her for her less profound dance tracks. "Like A Prayer" maybe one of her biggest credible tracks people unconditionally love that say more than... "Get up and dance and do your thing". Also, she's more renowned for being risque and doing things inappropriate than not. This idea that she should be doing things "age appropriate" is just silly. Who wants that? I don't. Yes, I enjoy when she pulls back from time to time. And she does, but I also enjoy when she sheds her clothes and gets wild. That's the Madonna I fell in love with. That's who we all were introduced too. Sure, she's evolved and all, but hell if I expect her to be "mother saint" at this age. How boring would that be??

Guest bluejean

I'm AMAZED someone made it to the bottom half :lol: That is one long post

my beau Miguel's gone WAHLD on us.

MV9

This song is as good as ever! As always, Madonna's best looked @ in retrospect + most who haven't already started to come around to it, will. That's just part of the territory with her. To praise "Get Together" and pan this is? whaaa? They're sisters! :wow:

+ neut, spot on.

I was joking! If I really didn't want to read the whole thing I wouldn't have responded.

You may have been, but unfortunately others don't. It gets old. I'm just here to talk Madonna, not engage in juvenile jabs of my responses. ;)

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i like the long posts. even if i don't necessarily agree with whats said, it's usually entertaining.

i really hope these next few weeks go by quickly. i mean, yeah, we have three snippets coming, but i'm soooooooooooooo ready for the whole thing. i've been on a madonna binge all day, and every time one of the three new songs come on, i'm like "MORE!!!!" :wow: i realize many are in full meltdown mode over the music we've gotten so far, but i absolutely LOVE it. she spent THREE AND A HALF albums banging on about that tree of light shit...i'm certainly VERY welcoming of this cougar phase she's going through. don't get me wrong, ROL is my favorite album of hers, and i love all the other 'serious' ones as well. i love ALL of her music. but i'd be lying if i said i don't prefer her in 'fun' mode, as opposed to all 'serious-keeping my poon covered-kablahblahblah' mode. :sassy:

i mean...damn, the woman has 30 years worth of material. you can always go back and listen to your personal 'favorite madonna'. and we haven't even heard the new album yet. maybe the rest of the songs reference 'the light' and all that jazz. :thumbsup:

i just don't see the point in losing hope NOW. it's been a looooooooooong ride with this woman, why the hell would you jump off at this point, you know?

True true true! But I'm going to the shows in Yankee Stadium and Atlantic City. It's the first time, I'm sitting anywhere nearby and going to more than two shows...should I watch leaks? Lol I need someone to pressure me not to!

Do not watch the leaks/ videos etc..I will say I enjoyed DWT and RIT so much cuz i didn't know what was coming. By the time S&S rolled into town I had watched the entire show online, plus I had the audio of an entire NY show. Trust me, it's not the same. This time I'm staying away from spoilers..won't be easy, we should probably start a non spoiler support thread :angel: