MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

Oh C'mon! Every time I enter in the forum I imagine what good things I'm going to read. But now I get depressed every damm time! Could you be more pessimistic? We're gonna get a NEW album we wait 4 YEARS! We wait so badly for this and when finally happens, 3 weeks from now, you act like this? She's given to us new singles with great videos and an incredible huge tour! I personally am happier than ever! I love all 3 songs till now and can't wait for the whole thing!

I agree completely.

I'm not talking about the GMAYL video. I thought it was fun, sexy, and funny. All of my opinions in this thread are about the GGW song and single cover. And I haven't fallen victim to anything. If anyone has fallen victim, it's Madonna and her recent rudimentary ideas on sexuality. And why is the argument of "You're taking this way too seriously" always used on people who have something negative to say? How about all the people whose opinions are so overwhelming positive to the point of sychophantry? Aren't all opinions valid? I mean, we are Madonna fans, right? We are fans of the woman who talks of speaking your mind, right? We're NOT Little Monsters who DRANK THE FUCKING KOOL-AID. And besides, Madonna is an artist and should be treated as such. Art is to be analyzed and critiqued. If I like something I'll praise it, if I don't I'll criticize it. And I'll say it again for the 1000th time: Dance/pop music can be FUN and LIGHT-HEARTED without being BAD.

I think for me is that you're trying to act like you're not being "judgmental" or an "ageist" but you are. Maybe I misinterpreted, but I thought you were speaking of GMAYL video when you stated:

it's the KIND of sexuality she's employing: the 53 year old cougar who wears Agent Provocateur and dances in the club drinking Tanqueray. To me, it just comes off as desperate.

I wasn't sure, but I thought you were referring to the scenes in GMAYL since we haven't seen the video for GGW yet. Also, that isn't the image I get when seeing the GGW cover. And that is also why I said you're taking it way too seriously. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. Never said you weren't. And you won't see me telling you to stop conveying your opinion. But I guess you have to remember, it's a two way street. I guess what you consider "bad" isn't the same way I see it. And yes, you do come off as an "ageist" or falling victim to society rules by expecting Madonna to look a certain way at her age.

That all said, I do appreciate that you are willing to discuss this respectfully without trying to demean anyone else's argument. You seem like an intelligent person who has certain ideals. I respect that. I don't agree with them, but I respect it. ;)

Don't expect me to like GGW if it becomes a hit or if the album is great. My taste is not related to success. Get Together is one of my faves and it wasn't a huge hit. I just like it or not, no matter how successful it is.

It's funny that you said that.I think GGW sounds alot like "Get Together".On another thread,I described GGW as "Get Together' on speed" ;)

I will admit that no one should be expected to like all of Madonna's songs, that would be ridiculous. However, and I don't know this for a fact, but I get the sense that fans of Janet, Mariah, Britney, and Gaga just don't really trash those artists. Which is strange, because in all honesty each of those with the possible exception of Gaga because she is so new, has a fucked ton of wretched material but their fans seem much more supportive. I guess the argument is that M's fans are somehow smarter people, but still I do feel in some ways her fans are much harsher. Maybe someone who frequents Britney or Disney Girl's boards could enlighten us as to whether their fans are ever negative?

It's funny that you said that.I think GGW sounds alot like "Get Together".On another thread,I described GGW as "Get Together' on speed" ;)

Yessss! Great description and this is why I love it! Have been waiting for an out and out FAST track from M!

Ok, you clearly don't get it. I like Luvin', probably not first single material but whatever. GGW is ok but I think it's a poor choice for the second single and I don't like the single cover at all. So what? I can't fucking wait for the album and we know these two songs are probably the weakest ones with Birthday Song. So, for you, I'm a negative person because I don't LOVE these first two singles. Ok.

You're right, I don't get it. I just enjoy it (meaning the era, videos, songs, covers, and soon the album). Hope the album will change your outlook on the project. :)

Guest Xanthium

I think for me is that you're trying to act like you're not being "judgmental" or an "ageist" but you are. Maybe I misinterpreted, but I thought you were speaking of GMAYL video when you stated: I wasn't sure, but I thought you were referring to the scenes in GMAYL since we haven't seen the video for GGW yet. Also, that isn't the image I get when seeing the GGW cover. And that is also why I said you're taking it way too seriously. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. Never said you weren't. And you won't see me telling you to stop conveying your opinion. But I guess you have to remember, it's a two way street. I guess what you consider "bad" isn't the same way I see it. And yes, you do come off as an "ageist" or falling victim to society rules by expecting Madonna to look a certain way at her age. That all said, I do appreciate that you are willing to discuss this respectfully without trying to demean anyone else's argument. You seem like an intelligent person who has certain ideals. I respect that. I don't agree with them, but I respect it. ;)

And I definitely respect your opinions too. I love discussions and analyzing and talking about things. If I seemed worked up it's because I'm passionate about Madonna and her music. I'm a major music lover in general anyway. It's the most important thing to me, always has been. With everything we've been discussing, we'll just have to agree to disagree ;) All I've been talking about today is in reference to GGW. I think she looked great in the GMAYL video and I liked pretty much everything about it except for that awful blonde wig :lol:

Oh C'mon! Every time I enter in the forum I imagine what good things I'm going to read. But now I get depressed every damm time! Could you be more pessimistic? We're gonna get a NEW album we wait 4 YEARS! We wait so badly for this and when finally happens, 3 weeks from now, you act like this? She's given to us new singles with great videos and an incredible huge tour! I personally am happier than ever! I love all 3 songs till now and can't wait for the whole thing!

:thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

Really?

It reminds me more of 'Sorry' and 'Celebration' than 'Get Together'

And I definitely respect your opinions too. I love discussions and analyzing and talking about things. If I seemed worked up it's because I'm passionate about Madonna and her music. I'm a major music lover in general anyway. It's the most important thing to me, always has been. With everything we've been discussing, we'll just have to agree to disagree ;) All I've been talking about today is in reference to GGW. I think she looked great in the GMAYL video and I liked pretty much everything about it except for that awful blonde wig :lol:

Ahh, I like the blonde wig and changed up look in that scene. Brought back memories of some of her previous looks.

And yeah, I can tell your passionate about Madonna. Most people here are, no matter what position they take. I respect that. As stated to the previous guy I quoted, "I don't get it" all the time, but that's because I've been a fan since early on and she's rarely disappointed me. And any disappointments I have, I don't really make a big deal of it because there is so much more I do enjoy from her. I have albums I prefer over the others as well. In fact, I wasn't sure if I was digging the whole EROTICA era, but she brought me back when she released RAIN and then I'll Remember.

Let's be real, Madonna needs to be more like Barbra Streisand at this point.... Who wants a middle age woman dressing like Britney Spears.... Madonna needs to just wear gowns and frumpy attire instead of gyrating to sex induced lyric's with beats to match while wearing bras and g-strings! I want Madonna to sing songs with a Orchestra while wearing gowns and singing about nature and the beauty of life! If Madonna ever did do this you moron fans would complain she's too boring and we want the old Madonna back! This is not real life, it's fun music, take it for what it is! And why don't you post at flea-dip, your post would blend in perfectly!

Let's be real, Madonna needs to be more like Barbra Streisand at this point.... Who wants a middle age woman dressing like Britney Spears.... Madonna needs to just wear gowns and frumpy attire instead of gyrating to sex induced lyric's with beats to match while wearing bras and g-strings! I want Madonna to sing songs with a Orchestra while wearing gowns and singing about nature and the beauty of life! If Madonna ever did do this you moron fans would complain she's too boring and we want the old Madonna back! This is not real life, it's fun music, take it for what it is! And why don't you post at flea-dip, your post would blend in perfectly!

You're such a Madonna apologist! Say something about her being old and inappropriate immediately! Criticise her chart positions and single choices now! Oh and don't forget to give a review of MDNA before hearing it!!!! :americanlife:

Do you think Madonna wants to prance around in underwear or feels like it's an image people associate with her and it's somehow 'expected'?

I feel like the decade or so that she wasn't being very obviously somewhat sexually provocative she was reserving herself because her husband didn't like her showing her "raspberries". Ironically I think that period when many thought "gee....how wonderful. She's so mature and grown up now" was the time she was being the least true to herself in some ways. According to the MDNA rumors she even alludes to that in some of the upcoming lyrics.

As a long time fan I ALWAYS thought something was "off" about her during the Guy years. Please don't mistake that as a diss or that I disliked that era because quite the contrary, AL may not have been my cup of tea in a lot of ways but even with that I feel she stayed true to herself as an artist throughout those years. In fact she may've been her most real and confessional. It just seems on stage and the Madonna persona that we see she was just a bit uncharacteristically reserved. For whatever reason and despite Kabballah and being 53 a mother and "enlightened" I feel like Madonna likes that kind of attention....she always has....I don't see how that can just turn off because she's older. This is a woman who paraded down a highway in Miami completely stark butt ass naked! :lol: I mean that kind of exhibitionist, attention seeking personality can only be modified but so much.

Can someone move all this GGW discussion in the GGW thread ? I come to this one for news on MDNA the album. (I fucking hate GGW but i won't go on talking about it. I'd rather forget about it and i avoid the GGW thread. As for the cover i don't mind the attire but the photoshopping job on her face is ridiculous. She looks like a burn victim with a face transplant)

Can someone move all this GGW discussion in the GGW thread ? I come to this one for news on MDNA the album. (I fucking hate GGW but i won't go on talking about. I'd rather forget about it and i avoid the GGW thread. As for the cover i don't mind the attire but the photoshopping job on her face is ridiculous. She looks like a burn victim with a face transplant)

GGW is part of the album. To expect that a current single won't come up in discussion regarding the album is a bit silly, don't you think? As soon as the album gets closer to release and more details of promos or what not, you can bet that will be discussed. ;)

GGW is part of the album. To expect that a current single won't come up in discussion regarding the album is a bit silly, don't you think? As soon as the album gets closer to release and more details of promos or what not, you can bet that will be discussed. ;)

No, no, no GGW does not exist just like American Pie, Hard Candy, Swept away... THEY DO NOT EXIST DAMN IT ! :lol::lol:

Guest ditaluver

you people have ruined this thread. where is the news?

and that omg...sick pussy. clitty litter.....that pic is disgusting.

No, no, no GGW does not exist just like American Pie, Hard Candy, Swept away... THEY DO NOT EXIST DAMN IT ! :lol::lol:

And Hey You, Imagine, Get Into Hollywood Groove, Revolver, Me Against the Music, Children Books, AL video flag version, and so on... :lol:

you people have ruined this thread. where is the news?

The news will come with the listening parties taken place this week.

Guest ditaluver

i dont give a fuck,....just do not do madonna with fucking cats....omg im sick about it. she aint no tabby

im disgusted

i dont give a fuck,....just do not do madonna with fucking cats....omg im sick about it. she aint no tabby

im disgusted

Why? :lol: I think it's cute! :lmao:

With all due respect... you are absent for how long and then this is the first post you reply to? Why contribute to something that is purposefully derailing the topic as well as attacking a member who is simply using the community respectably for it's purposes? I believe even at one time I've contributed some money to help keep this Nation running. I get it. You don't like me. I've said some shit in the past some of you didn't like. But why not take a page from your own community rules and just ignore me? If this warrants a banning, then I guess so be it. But the fact is, I'm here to talk Madonna... not engage in petty disputes about... how long my replies are.

I didn't mean to offend you I was just messing with ya. My apologies

I think some of that is a little harsh. Yes she's in a bra and feather boa on the cover but at the same time - do you think Madonna thought her outfit for Vogue (Sticky & Sweet tour) was sexy? I really don't think she puts on these costumes as a means of titilation. She never really did, actually. The cone bra wasn't necessarily sexy - neither was the pink leotard or the wedding dress.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that Madonna is completely losing her marbles. It'd be one thing if she was doing these things and then being interviewed by Cynthia McFadden all in DENIAL about her age and getting defensive. Instead when it was brought up (once in 2008 and again 2 months ago) she owned it. I think she's well aware that people could call her disgusting for wearing these things at age 53, and she's not trying to convey any message with it, I think she's just proud of how she looks and we all know she likes to tie in an appropriate image to the music. She could have just put an outtake from the red MDNA dress for the single cover but what would be the fun in that?

This

How can you be so sure of that? Britney,in fact,recorded vocals for GGW (which were removed) but I doubt that she would have participated if she thought the song was crap.

This was never confirmed and probably not true.

This guy on youtube has instrumental samples of what he claims are several songs from MDNA. I don't know if they're real or fake.

I'm Addicted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltsy9U7lxHE

I Fucked Up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0WWbWPzS50

Beautiful Killer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYGI5l5_-Jw