MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

i think madonna in a bra on the cover of a single called 'girls gone wild' is not TOO surprising but it does give off the message of "Madonna's Back." that's kinda what madonna does, right? when she's back... she wears bras and dances. as far as the photo shop stuff... i mean we photo-shop 17 year olds. she might very well look hot ass in that picture without photo shop but if you didn't do it, it really WOULD stand out and be all kinds of awkward. it would be the ONLY THING not photoshopped. as for the song... eh, it's not really here or there. i like it, but i'm a fan, so who knows... it wouldn't be a stretch to hear that mixed on the radio... something about the vocal on 'ggw' that is very NOT madonna. but i remain very excited about MDNA and i've listened to ggw 63 times so far says itunes.. so i can't hate it that bad!

I think people are expecting too much from this album.

;)

I said earlier that it's not Madonna being sexual that I have a problem with, it's the KIND of sexuality she's employing: the 53 year old cougar who wears Agent Provocateur and dances in the club drinking Tanqueray. To me, it just comes off as desperate. If you want to change the game and be taken seriously then it's best to avoid being a laughing stock. Madonna obviously wants to change peoples minds and open their eyes to women being sexual in their 50's. But she's not doing it intelligently or in a way that people would actually take a minute to think about her point of view. They listen to the lyrics to GGW and see the single cover and just get grossed out. She has 4 kids now. When she made Sex and Erotica she was 20 years younger and had no kids. Completely different ball game.

Again, I don't see her that way, nor as a "laughing stock". You seem to be taking this too seriously as well as her previous video which was all done in fun. In fact, I haven't seen much negative about how she looked or danced or portrayed her self in GMAYL video. It seemed all "tongue and cheek" to me. All about just having some fun. Twenty years older or not, she still was ridiculed for what she did for the SEX book. She came back quite respected. Though, I don't see she's doing anything like that now. I also don't think the cover of the single is inappropriate. What I do see is that you've fallen victim of what society expects of women her age... added with children now... your words. The "ball game" is simply fun entertainment. I'd say you're taking it waaaay too seriously.

It's a single cover, not an album cover.

Why are people bitching about it when it's only being seen by the public from a 200x200 pixel image??

Um, I think GGW is way better than TTWE or WFL. I don't think those two songs are that great, and GGW is way more catchy to me.

Also did not have a clue that GI2M was disliked!

Guest bluejean

I think people expected too much from this album

...that they haven't even heard yet :lol:

But yes, I agree with you. But that is to be expected.

Um, I think GGW is way better than TTWE or WFL. I don't think those two songs are that great, and GGW is way more catchy to me.

I cannot disagree more with you. Rihanna or Britney would have rejected GGW, that's way to cheap for them and for Madonna.

I agree.I don't think any of today's so-called "hot" artists are doing anything special or unique.The only reason they get more airplay is because they're younger than Madonna.If Britney or Rihanna recorded GGW,it would be at the top of the charts by now.

I cannot disagree more with you. Rihanna or Britney would have rejected GGW, that's way to cheap for them and for Madonna.

They may have. I don't know, but I don't find those songs catchy, and I love GGW. But I don't claim to have the same taste as the people making those songs huge hits. I liked Britney's HIAM, but TTWE reminds me of Kesha who I don't like.

I should also add in fairness that I like Madonna's voice more, so that will always give ANY of her songs the edge with me.

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that 50 year olds don't stop being sexy, or having sex, or dancing. they do all of those things. i bet they even sing sometimes and i even think it's okay to be 50 and successful. i think what is being put upon this woman is ridiculous but it's part of being a celebrity i guess... i think it's VERY madonna to stand up against that - or maybe not even stand against it, but just keep doing what she wants to do. ps... gmayl video was great!

How can you be so sure of that? Britney,in fact,recorded vocals for GGW (which were removed) but I doubt that she would have participated if she thought the song was crap.

I find it weird that people would be offended by the single cover. I'm a little bit of a prude. The Sex book wasn't my thing. But in this picture, she's wearing nothing more revealing than people wear to the beach all the time. What's the big deal? And people of all ages, no matter how little or much clothing they are wearing are photoshopped.

How can you be so sure of that? Britney,in fact,recorded vocals for GGW (which were removed) but I doubt that she would have participated if she thought the song was crap.

Did she really do that? We have no confirmation.. And if she did, I think it's because it's Madonna. GGW is terrible!! I really hope it does well because I like when she's successful but I really don't expect it to be big, especially in the USA.

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that 50 year olds don't stop being sexy, or having sex, or dancing. they do all of those things. i bet they even sing sometimes and i even think it's okay to be 50 and successful. i think what is being put upon this woman is ridiculous but it's part of being a celebrity i guess... i think it's VERY madonna to stand up against that - or maybe not even stand against it, but just keep doing what she wants to do. ps... gmayl video was great!

I love you.

Me neither. I remember everyone wetting themselves when it 1st leaked. I guess once a song isn't a big hit people stop liking it.

Wouldn't explain people's love for Get Together or Jump, though, would it? :lol:

I was so underwhelmed when I heard it for the first time. That was where the Hard Candy era really took a nosedive- releasing that song 2nd.

I find it weird that people would be offended by the single cover. I'm a little bit of a prude. The Sex book wasn't my thing. But in this picture, she's wearing nothing more revealing than people wear to the beach all the time. What's the big deal? And people of all ages, no matter how little or much clothing they are wearing are photoshopped.

I think the idea is to be worried what OTHER people think about it, for some reason.

Did she really do that? We have no confirmation.. And if she did, I think it's because it's Madonna. GGW is terrible!! I really hope it does well because I like when she's successful but I really don't expect it to be big, especially in the USA.

I think GGW is one of Madonna's strongest singles in years.If it doesn't become a big hit in America,it's not because of the song.

Guest Xanthium

;)

Again, I don't see her that way, nor as a "laughing stock". You seem to be taking this too seriously as well as her previous video which was all done in fun. In fact, I haven't seen much negative about how she looked or danced or portrayed her self in GMAYL video. It seemed all "tongue and cheek" to me. All about just having some fun. Twenty years older or not, she still was ridiculed for what she did for the SEX book. She came back quite respected. Though, I don't see she's doing anything like that now. I also don't think the cover of the single is inappropriate. What I do see is that you've fallen victim of what society expects of women her age... added with children now... your words. The "ball game" is simply fun entertainment. I'd say you're taking it waaaay too seriously.

I'm not talking about the GMAYL video. I thought it was fun, sexy, and funny. All of my opinions in this thread are about the GGW song and single cover. And I haven't fallen victim to anything. If anyone has fallen victim, it's Madonna and her recent rudimentary ideas on sexuality. And why is the argument of "You're taking this way too seriously" always used on people who have something negative to say? How about all the people whose opinions are so overwhelming positive to the point of sychophantry? Aren't all opinions valid? I mean, we are Madonna fans, right? We are fans of the woman who talks of speaking your mind, right? We're NOT Little Monsters who DRANK THE FUCKING KOOL-AID. And besides, Madonna is an artist and should be treated as such. Art is to be analyzed and critiqued. If I like something I'll praise it, if I don't I'll criticize it. And I'll say it again for the 1000th time: Dance/pop music can be FUN and LIGHT-HEARTED without being BAD.

It is comical watching the dire predictions, because I am pretty dead certain that ninety percent will be creaming over the album in three weeks. As if she has ever, even once, made an entirely bad album. Then watch her sell way more than expected first week, and the same people will suddenly love GMAYL, GGW, and proclaim that they always knew she could do it :lmao:

Me neither. I remember everyone wetting themselves when it 1st leaked. I guess once a song isn't a big hit people stop liking it.

Or if it's not a huge hit two days or a week after it's released.

I just don't get why so many are so negative or nitpicking of this project. I know there are a lot of people excited for it as well, but the negativity seems so trivial. OMG, she's exposing her belly, dancing around half naked... um, where have these people been for the last 30 years. And I agree, people are wearing far far less anymore on TV or in music videos.

It is comical watching the dire predictions, because I am pretty dead certain that ninety percent will be creaming over the album in three weeks. As if she has ever, even once, made an entirely bad album. Then watch her sell way more than expected first week, and the same people will suddenly love GMAYL, GGW, and proclaim that they always knew she could do it :lmao:

Yep! As soon as the album is released,many of the people who are now talking trash,will soon eat those words :lol: You can bet on that

I think GGW is one of Madonna's strongest singles in years.If it doesn't become a big hit in America,it's not because of the song.

I would love it to become a huge hit worldwide, I feel like the general public is hungry for a big Madonna song. Her age has never been an issue outside the USA. But I think people expect more from her unfortunately... Let's cross out fingers, I really want her to do well :thumbsup:

Guest Xanthium

Yep! As soon as the album is released,many of the people who are now talking trash,will soon eat those words :lol: You can bet on that

Well since I have ONLY been talking trash about the Girl Gone Wild SONG and SINGLE COVER and have repeatedly said I'm still looking forward to the album and what it has to offer, the only thing I shall be eating is the delicious Thai chicken curry and coconut dish I made, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Don't expect me to like GGW if it becomes a hit or if the album is great. My taste is not related to success. Get Together is one of my faves and it wasn't a huge hit. I just like it or not, no matter how successful it is.

Guest bluejean

Wouldn't explain people's love for Get Together or Jump, though, would it? :lol:

I personally never thought 'Get Together' was anything special, a strong album track more than anything.

But yes you have a point. It seems some songs get a good initial response but once the dust settles people have had time to absorb them and realise they don't like it as much as they thought they did. There is that initial excitement of hearing a new Madonna song that can certainly make you think its better than it is. But I stand by Give It 2 Me as a strong track. I always liked it.

Don't expect me to like GGW if it becomes a hit or if the album is great. My taste is not related to success. Get Together is one of my faves and it wasn't a huge hit. I just like it or not, no matter how successful it is.

This is why I love this forum so much, because everyone has different favorites. I love GT, but find GGW much catchier, plus I like the faster pace.

Oh C'mon! Every time I enter in the forum I imagine what good things I'm going to read. But now I get depressed every damm time! Could you be more pessimistic? We're gonna get a NEW album we wait 4 YEARS! We wait so badly for this and when finally happens, 3 weeks from now, you act like this? She's given to us new singles with great videos and an incredible huge tour! I personally am happier than ever! I love all 3 songs till now and can't wait for the whole thing!

PS: We didn't hear Gang Bang yet, but everybody says is amazing and innovative. I wonder it could not be a single right? Because of the lyrics?

Or if it's not a huge hit two days or a week after it's released.

I just don't get why so many are so negative or nitpicking of this project. I know there are a lot of people excited for it as well, but the negativity seems so trivial. OMG, she's exposing her belly, dancing around half naked... um, where have these people been for the last 30 years. And I agree, people are wearing far far less anymore on TV or in music videos.

Ok, you clearly don't get it. I like Luvin', probably not first single material but whatever. GGW is ok but I think it's a poor choice for the second single and I don't like the single cover at all. So what? I can't fucking wait for the album and we know these two songs are probably the weakest ones with Birthday Song. So, for you, I'm a negative person because I don't LOVE these first two singles. Ok.