MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

sounds very interesting and yess personal. i like this build up to the final release; the gossip, the rumours, the reviews, the tracks descriptions.

i dont want the album to leak...this is fun also..

Oh my god. I don't know how to manage to wait for this damn album any longer.

I feel the same way.How are we gonna survive the next few weeks?!

sounds very interesting and yess personal. i like this build up to the final release; the gossip, the rumours, the reviews, the tracks descriptions.

i dont want the album to leak...this is fun also..

I know, but 24 days is a long time.

:horn:

Nes, where does you avatar photo come from?

Is it really the Loch Ness monster or do you actually look like that?

:)

Guest ditaluver

Thanks to robster and pablo94

MDNA Review - Attitude Mag

Lyrics from "I Don't Give a..."

Wake up,

This is your life,

Children on your own,

Gotta plan on the phone,

Meet the press,

Buy a dress,

Do all this to impress...

Do ten things at once

And if you don't like it

I don't give a...

I tried to be the perfect wife...

I diminished myself...

It swallowed me...

If I was a failure

Then I don't give a...

From Gang Bang:

Shot you dead,

Shot my lover in the head...

I'm going straight to hell...

I've got a lot of friends there

Drive bitch, die bitch

Most of MDNA is about having fun, but this is also a very dark album! If like a Prayer was her divorce record and Hard Candy suffered, one senses, from being put together as her relationship with Guy Ritchie was falling apart. Then MDNA is a fuck you - to her marriage, the life that came with it, and partly to herself for losing her identity in a partnership. She is out there to recapture who she is, and she has demons to slay!

* "Girl Gone Wild" - biggest pop stomper on the album

* "Gang Bang" - very theatrical vocals about taking revenge on a lover who ruined her life. She apparently yells on the record "Drive bitch, Die bitch!" Kind of Stupid, kind of amazing, kind of funny and kind of fucked up! Full of one essential thing that her contenders lack: DRAMA!

* "I Don't Give a.." tour-de-force moment on the album. recounting a typical day, becomes intensely honest, telling-off of her critics. The track builds up to a genius, choral, almost Tom Burton-esque conclusion.

Turn Up the radio is described as a delicate ballad then "transforms into the albums most pounding moments, reaching a climax that threatens to blow the speakers"

Superstar- "surely the sweetest song Madonna has released since Cherish. It twirls along, an open top summer anthem, serenading a new lover with a hypnotic chorus"

Falling Free- "one of the saddest songs shes ever written"

I Fucked up- Only described as confessional

Beautiful Killer- "A fun 80s-sounding, strings laced tribute to French Actor Alain Delon"

Sums it up

"Is Madonna still "the Queen" as Nicki Minaj gabs at one point? On the strength of MDNA its hard to argue against"

:dramatic::wow::dramatic::fag:

Nes, where does you avatar photo come from?

It's me! I'm the cryptozoologist creature! And i'm a Madonna fan! :)

Guest ditaluver

:lmao:

he's so cute!

i want to kiss that nose!

* "Gang Bang" - very theatrical vocals about taking revenge on a lover who ruined her life. She apparently yells on the record "Drive bitch, Die bitch!" Kind of Stupid, kind of amazing, kind of funny and kind of fucked up! Full of one essential thing that her contenders lack: DRAMA!

Omg, Thief of Hearts pt. 2?!? :wow:

* "Turn Up The Radio" - Strongest most immediate section on MDNA. Begins like a delicate ballad, pleading the audience to stop for a moment and get away from the world through music. May sound trite, but there's urgency in it's simplicity. Transforms into the albums most pounding moment, reaching a climax that threatens to blow the speakers.

:shock: Climaxing just reading this tbh.

...and find a slot on the next series of Glee

:manson: Okay, boner killed.

I love getting all these little tidbits here and there. A cruel game, but a fun one too. :D

Bring on MDNA!

Conclusion:

Overall it might not have the serious pop intensity of Confessions, it's not as a drastically new or experimental as music critics might like, but it's fun, fucked up, dancey, and full of drama. It's what her fans have been waiting for: a wallop enough of an album to put her back up there, a checkmate against Lady Gaga, who despite her brilliance, doesn't quite give you songs that are as easy to disco dance to as some of these are. Is Madonna still "the Queen" as Nicki Minaj gabs at one point? On the strength of MDNA, it's hard to argue against.

Guest groovyguy

http://blog.martianleaks.com/2012/03/madonna-feat-nicki-minaj-i-dont-give.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"MDNA" - Lyrics and Review

Posted by Remon | Friday, March 2, 2012

"I Don't Give A..." feat. Nicki Minaj

Wake up,

This is your life,

Children on your own,

Gotta plan on the phone,

Meet the press,

Buy a dress,

Do all this to impress...

Do ten things at once

And if you don't like it

I don't give a...

I tried to be the perfect wife...

I diminished myself...

It swallowed me...

If I was a failure

Then I don't give a...

Tour-de-force moment on the album. recounting a typical day, becomes intensely honest, telling-off of her critics. The track builds up to a genius, choral, almost Tom Burton-esque conclusion.

----------------------------------------

"Gang Bang"

Shot you dead,

Shot my lover in the head...

I'm going straight to hell...

I've got a lot of friends there

Drive bitch, die bitch

Very theatrical vocals about taking revenge on a lover who ruined her life. She apparently yells on the record "Drive bitch, Die bitch!" Kind of Stupid, kind of amazing, kind of funny and kind of fucked up! Full of one essential thing that her contenders lack: DRAMA!

"Turn Up The Radio"

Strongest most immediate section on MDNA. Begins like a delicate ballad, pleading the audience to stop for a moment and get away from the world through music. May sound trite, but there's urgency in it's simplicity. Transforms into the albums most pounding moment, reaching a climax that threatens to blow the speakers. Some might find it unusually generic, but she makes it her own. Sure to please fans, fill dancefloors, shake clubs and find a slot on the next series of Glee

"Superstar"

One of the later highlights on the album. The sweetest song she has released since "Cherish". Twirls along, an open-top summer anthem. Serenading a new lover with a hypnotic chorus. It's simple and pretty and a perfect song to sing on her summer concerts! And should definately be a single!

"Falling Free"

Deep melancholia! One of the saddest songs she has ever written.

"Beautiful Killer"

80's sounding, string laden song as a tribute to french actor Alain Delon

Most of MDNA is about having fun, but this is also a very dark album! If like a Prayer was her divorce record and Hard Candy suffered, one senses, from being put together as her relationship with Guy Ritchie was falling apart. Then MDNA is a fuck you - to her marriage, the life that came with it, and partly to herself for losing her identity in a partnership. She is out there to recpature who she is, and she has demons to slay!

Conclusion: [thanks to robster]

Overall it might not have the serious pop intensity of Confessions, it's not as a drastically new or experimental as music critics might like, but it's fun, fucked up, dancey, and full of drama. It's what her fans have been waiting for: a wallop enough of an album to put her back up there, a checkmate against Lady Gaga, who despite her brilliance, doesn't quite give you songs that are as easy to disco dance to as some of these are. Is Madonna still "the Queen" as Nicki Minaj gabs at one point? On the strength of MDNA, it's hard to argue against.

I m really surprised!!! Pleasantly!!! I was giving up on the idea of getting a very personal album!!! I m glad we are getting such!!!

Conclusion:

do-da-urkel-dance.gif

I m really surprised!!! Pleasantly!!! I was giving up on the idea of getting a very personal album!!! I m glad we are getting such!!!

Me too. For a while it seemed that we were going for a nonstop bubblegum mindless crap but i'm glad it's not. Thank god Orbit took over the plane!

Me too. For a while it seemed that we were going for a nonstop bubblegum mindless crap but i'm glad it's not. Thank god Orbit took over the plane!

They told us that the singles don't represent the album as a whole ;)

So that means that acustic stuff Orbit is doing with M right now is really not for the album as it's already 100 percent finished. Otherwise they wouldn't have let magazines listen to the album already.

Guest groovyguy

According to Dean Piper (UK journalist) the official press listening parties for MDNA is happening next Wednesday so we can expect a lot more of reviews to start pouring in soon.

So that means that acustic stuff Orbit is doing with M right now is really not for the album as it's already 100 percent finished. Otherwise they wouldn't have let magazines listen to the album already.

Could be for his own album. He has a new strange cargo coming up. Could also be for a special edition of MDNA around the holidays. Could be he was joking :)