MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

William Orbit ‏ @WilliamOrbit

I think that many of you have intuited that already

1h William Orbit William Orbit ‏ @WilliamOrbit

But I will say that there is some acoustic loveliness in there, amongst all the other delights.

otherwise I'd have my head chopped off and fed to the wild ravens by her Majesty!

8:58 AM - 2 Mar 12 via web · Details

or if I'm feeling crazy, a couple of dozen milliseconds. Like: *bip*. Equivalent of a hyphen

Equivalent of a full stop in text

No chance of a preview of course. Well maybe a couple of milliseconds. Would sound like: *click*

6h William Orbit William Orbit ‏ @WilliamOrbit

Savage, Sexy, Heartfelt, Frisky. Thumpin', Bumpin', Naughty, Risky.

1 Mar William Orbit William Orbit ‏ @WilliamOrbit

I definitely recommend people get the 'Deluxe' version of MDNA. The extra tracks are well worth it

Guest groovyguy

Gang Bang sounds like the most vicious thing she's ever done. That Guy Ritchie sure pissed her off.

Well, unlike Sean, Guy took millions off her.

Looks like it...and even if it does, I for one won't be able to hold out till the 26th.

The HC leaks almost KILLED me.

If it leaks, i guess all the pre-orders on itunes will be automatically available. These pre-ordering thing was genius to fight against the unavoidable leak because the album is now already sold and people who bought it will rather go for the good copy they bought than a mediocre rip (especially since Universal said they upgraded the digital quality of their releases on itunes). Genius :)

from DrownedMadonna:

EXCLUSIVE - A few months ago we exclusively revealed the lyrics of Madonna's Bang Bang demo. That song has completely changed and brought to life Gang Bang, co-written with Mika and co-produced with the Demolition Crew (Demacio Demo Castellon, Mike Anthony, Square Boogie and Jax) and William Orbit. We can now reveal juicy details on Gang Bang.

Both Bang Bang and the final version now titled Gang Bang are very different from Give Me All Your Luvin' and Girl Gone Wild. Bang Bang was a mid-tempo song featuring a sample synth piano, which is now disappeared on Gang Bang. If the demo was someway similar to certain Mika songs, without the typical happiness, now Gang Bang is very theatrical and electronic. Now the lyrics are presented in a new manner in Gang Bang. Part of them are compeltey new and the chorus has changed. But, if some of the lyrics are the pretty the same, the whole thing is very different and absolutely more dramatic and violent. The song is now very dark, also thanks to the new beat. One of the biggest difference, it is that Madonna is now mostly speaking gently over the track in a Kill Bill like fashion. "Bang Bang, shot you dead, my lover in the head. Bang Bang, shot you dead and I never regret
," Madonna says in the chorus.

As the song progressives, so does Madonna. Her voice gets much more aggressive, and it's clear she is out to take revenge on her past lover. "I'm going straight to hell, and I've got a lot of friends there," Madonna says. "If I see that bitch in hell, I'm gonna shoot him in the head again, 'cause I wanna see him die. Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over."

The end is terrific, and it may cause controversies, especially because it is a woman to express this way. Someway, it may be compared to the video of What It Feels Like For A Girl . "I said drive bitch. And while you're at it, die bitch. Now if you're gonna act like a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch."

The production is very good. Gang Bang is very different from everything Madonna ever done before. Be ready to be completely blown away!!

how unemotional of her..and people said she is bored and doesn't care about her music.. :chuckle:

Beautiful Killer- "A fun 80s-sounding, strings laced tribute to French Actor Alain Delon"[/b]

Sums it up

"Is Madonna still "the Queen" as Nicki Minaj gabs at one point? On the strength of MDNA its hard to argue against"

I've been Alain Delonging all week :wow::inlove:

Guest groovyguy

Murderdonna.

Oh my god. I love this.

I can see some Madonna haters like Roger and Piers are gonna bash her for singing about violence and murder.

If it leaks, i guess all the pre-orders on itunes will be automatically available. These pre-ordering thing was genius to fight against the unavoidable leak because the album is now already sold and people who bought it will rather go for the good copy they bought than a mediocre rip (especially since Universal said they upgraded the digital quality of their releases on itunes). Genius :)

Actually the album is not already sold, I can still cancel my order if it I want. I was only charged for the first single.

If the album is so full of potential, why on Earth have they released GMAYL as first single and GGW as second? :(

Buzz singles :lmao:

I can see some Madonna haters like Roger and Piers are gonna bash her for singing about violence and murder.

Oh, those kunts are probably sharpening their knives as we speak.

Piers in particular will be frothing at the mouth over the song titles alone. Still, it'll be publicity...which means more album sales for our queen.

hahaha. Oh dear, if it's true that the best songs are in the album, well. But maybe we have to hope for the 3rd. single?

the review does say GGW is the best pop banger on the album so..

Attitude calls "Girl Gone Wild" the biggest pop stomper on the album. POP! Which means accesible to the general audience. Maybe they chose two accesible songs over more complicated, personal and deeper tracks. Same can be said GMAYL which is a lot of things but you can't say it isn't accesible! Nothing wrong with a strategy like that... even though we might have come to expect Madonna to break the mold a little. BUT the album is just getting started and the buzz is still sky high!

Guest bluejean

Well, unlike Sean, Guy took millions off her.

Oh for sure. I always knew she hated him after that Letterman interview. All those fans justified his comments in that recent interview but I'm pretty sure he was being cocky about the money.

"Turn Up The Radio"

Strongest most immediate section on MDNA. Begins like a delicate ballad, pleading the audience to stop for a moment and get away from the world through music. May sound trite, but there's urgency in it's simplicity. Transforms into the albums most pounding moment, reaching a climax that threatens to blow the speakers. Some might find it unusually generic, but she makes it her own. Sure to please fans, fill dancefloors, shake clubs and find a slot on the next series of Glee.

Nightshade will be overcome with joy!

:thumbsup:

Despite only hearing the Sunday Girl demo and the M clip, this is the one I have been most excited about. I CANNOT WAIT!!! I wish it had been the first single. I think it could've blown the roof off the Super Bowl.

After hearing the new "Gang Bang" lyrics ("drive bitch, die bitch") :lmao: , I am loving Madonna all over again. Bitch has gone crazy and I love it! "GGW" has even grown on me more this past week. Very exciting times.

Guest bluejean

I think this album could turn out doing pretty well. Not sure about GGW, oddly I suspect it may do better in the US than the UK. Especially if she promotes it on TV.

I have a feeling "B-day song" isn't as "Bubblegum" as we're led to believe.

Nah nah nah nah

You fucking big loser

Nah nah nah nah

I'm glad I cut off your foreskin

Nah nah nah nah

Gonna sing my song tonight

So is this Live From Mars guy the guy who reviewed it?

Because I'm not the biggest fan of GGW and he was raving over it, so I don't want to be disappointed. :(

Nope, they used my exact quotes on MDNA from the Attitude review that I posted here earlier! :) The review was done by Matthew Todd, for Attitude