'Masterpiece' - official next single in the UK? The shambles continue...

Titty

Masterpiece is record of the week on Radio 2..

As you can see from the rest of the playlist the Radio 2 listeners are not very discerning. However it is one of the most listened to stations in the UK - it's demographic is 40+ to 70.

A LIST

Avalanche City - Love Love Love

Bruce Springsteen - We Take Care Of Our Own

Coldplay - Charlie Brown

Emili Sande - Next To Me

Goyte - Somebody That I Used To Know

Jamie Harman - Girlwise

Katie Melua - Better Than A Dream

Lionel Richie & Shania Twain - Endless Love

Marcus Collins - Seven Nation Army

Paul Carrack - Good Feelin' About It

B LIST

NEW JAMES MORRISON - ONE LIFE

Jody Marie - I Got You

Lady Antebellum - Dancin' Away With My Heart

Nickelback - Lullaby

Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds - Dream On

Paul Weller - That Dangerous Age

NEW ROBIN THICKE - LOVE AFTER WAR

Band Perry - If I Die Young

Brilliant Things - Pointless

Musgraves - Last Of Me

Will Young - Losing Myself

C LIST

Glen Campbell - It's Your Amazing Grace

NEW JASON MRAZ - I WON'T GIVE UP

Michael Kiwanuka - I'm Getting Ready

Phantom Limb - Gravy Train

Rebecca Ferguson - Too Good To Lose

Red Sky July - Loving You's Easy

Shins - Simple Song

RECORD OF THE WEEK MADONNA - MASTERPIECE

ALBUM OF THE WEEK LIONEL RICHIE - TUSKEGEE

seems like this album is all over the place. what a mess. so are they planning to release M in UK after they release GGW in US?

Radio 2 sometimes chooses records that are not necessarily going to be singles :)

Don't get your knickers in a twist girls,Great that an M track is getting some exposure here though

I love Radio 2 :lol:

Yes, it great. Don't underestimate its power! Bigger than Radio 1 now.

All very odd. I suppose it will be downloads only release but still, it could actually outperform the official singles!

However, still there is nothing for me to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy, but exciting, times.

Radio 2 sometimes chooses records that are not necessarily going to be singles :)

Don't get your knickers in a twist girls,Great that an M track is getting some exposure here though

Yes radio 2 often chooses tracks that would appeal to its listeners . I really see this as a very positive thing that potentially will see greater sales of MDNA in the UK. Let's be really happy that a new song by Madonna from her new soon to be released album is getting massive exposure on one of Britain's top radio stations,

I'll stick my neck out and say MDNA will top 100k in the uk in the first week and sell between 600k-900k this year.

So, will this be a promoted single or not? A sheet also says it's been added to the B-list across the Heart network. Hmm...

I wonder if this is the power of the music stations - they're just going with the track they like and think is more appropriate. It may force the record company's hand to release something they want.

I don't get the "mess" comments?? Why can't an album have as much maximized exposure as possible? Whether if this is something they were planing or not, it's all good, from my perspective. The more music people hear from the album, there is a better chance people will like it. Sounds like an eclectic record as it is, so it's nice to see the album trying to reach out to as many markets as possible.

I don't get the "mess" comments?? Why can't an album have as much maximized exposure as possible? Whether if this is something they were planing or not, it's all good, from my perspective. The more music people hear from the album, there is a better chance people will like it. Sounds like an eclectic record as it is, so it's nice to see the album trying to reach out to as many markets as possible.

Spot on! Tired of reading "mess," "poorly received," and "Confessions" from the same ten people lmao.

EXACTLY! I'm very impressed with the promotion of this album...they're trying new strategies and that's a good thing.The most important thing is to expose the music to as many people as possible,and that's exactly what's happening now.

Interscope Records, an American record label owned by Universal Music Group, will be releasing Madonna’s new album in the US territory.

Back in September, Live Nation and Universal Music announced their collaboration and soon the rumours about Universal Music releasing Madonna’s 2012 album started.

Now it’s official, Madonna’s upcoming album will be released in France by Polydor Records, a record label owned by Universal Music Group. Polydor is also the label for other artists such as Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson.

Polydor France teased its followers on Twitter with the following tweet :

A huge international artist will be releasing it’s upcoming album with Universal – Polydor in France. More info soon! Any ideas?

Afterwards they confirmed who it was by posting a YouTube link to Madonna’s song “Frozen”.

Stay tuned for more info…

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/11/02/madonna-and-lady-gaga-share-the-same-record-company/#ixzz1nuhCBItj

And while we're in British territory, let's spend a couple of words about "Masterpiece".

News broke from BBC Radio2 earlier this week that the beautiful Madonna song from the "W.E." soundtrack and the MDNA album was named Record of the Week, which means that UK listeners were able to hear the song every day this week during the Ken Bruce and Alex Lester show, and was also added to the B list across the Heart Network nationwide.

To shed some light over this news, MadonnaTribe can report that Polydor came up with the idea to release Masterpiece to the radio in the UK market after mainstream channels have expressed interest in the song because of its potential to attract a wider and "traditional" audience. The song will impact on April 2nd.

Guest groovyguy

And while we're in British territory, let's spend a couple of words about "Masterpiece".

News broke from BBC Radio2 earlier this week that the beautiful Madonna song from the "W.E." soundtrack and the MDNA album was named Record of the Week, which means that UK listeners were able to hear the song every day this week during the Ken Bruce and Alex Lester show, and was also added to the B list across the Heart Network nationwide.

To shed some light over this news, MadonnaTribe can report that Polydor came up with the idea to release Masterpiece to the radio in the UK market after mainstream channels have expressed interest in the song because of its potential to attract a wider and "traditional" audience. The song will impact on April 2nd.

Cool

great news! :thumbsup:

I am not sure I understand this marketing campaign, but releasing "Masterpiece" to radio cannot hurt. It will also be nice for this little gem to get some attention. I still say it should've been a single for W.E. back in January/February.