GGW....I feel it!!..Am i the only one who feels a monster hit coming¿¿

Candylipsgirl

On first listen, I thought uh-oh it's a Celebration re-hash.

However after listening to it 5 times in a row I'm loving it.

Yeah I think it could be big, I guess it just depends on if radio give it a chance.

I have a feeling that even if Madonna released the best song ever radio would still ignore it. :americanlife:

I agree. I think that no matter how good a Madonna song is the radio still going to ignore her music because of her age. She's not within the age category which they want to attract their audience. THis is truly sad. Let's give Katy and RiRi 10 years and see where they are, hell let's see if they're still having hits in their late 30's or even early 40's. Enjoy it girls because it won't last forever, what's benefiting them right now (that they're young) will bite them in the ass later down the road. This is how it's always been regardless of the quality of the music unfortunately.

Make good music people want to hear and age be damned the radio will play it.

"Jump" was a good song,did radio play that? What about "Get Together","Miles Away","Sorry" and "Nothing Fails"?? Here in the US,radio ignored all of these songs.Madonna could make a song as amazing as "Like A Prayer" and she would still face obstacles from radio stations,because of her age.

I think that no matter how good a Madonna song is the radio still going to ignore her music because of her age. She's not within the age category which they want to attract their audience. THis is truly sad. Let's give Katy and RiRi 10 years and see where they are, hell let's see if they're still having hits in their late 30's or even early 40's. Enjoy it girls because it won't last forever, what's benefiting them right now (that they're young) will bite them in the ass later down the road. This is how it's always been regardless of the quality of the music unfortunately.

Exactly.If GMAYL had been recorded by Rihanna or Katy Perry,it would be Number One on the charts right now.I don't know why so many fans are pretending that Madonna's age isn't a factor.Here in the States,radio won't touch your music if you're not young.

"Jump" was a good song,did radio play that? What about "Get Together","Miles Away","Sorry" and "Nothing Fails"?? Here in the US,radio ignored all of these songs.Madonna could make a song as amazing as "Like A Prayer" and she would still face obstacles from radio stations,because of her age.

Im sorry but to me a lot of those songs lacked punch... something to make them instant classic pop songs merely on their on merit. Moreover the lack of proper videos and promotion did its part. If Madonna helrself didnt put effort into promoting the songs why should the radio play it? As for Katy Perry and the rest well, they are pushed hard onto the market by the record company. You know... actual promotion.

Yah- it's not necessarily as easy as "make a good song," as that's all individual taste, anyhow. The COADF singles were not going to get a fair shake at U.S. radio, period. And as she does get older, like it or not, it's going to be more difficult to get big, sustainable airplay.

candy-

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=38421

:D

At that time yes. But she has been old forever by now. People got used to the "old" Madonna playing the popstar game and she hasn't released music for years now and after all the Gaga copying everything she did people miss the good "old" Madonna. She had her chance with GMAYL reaching the top10 but of course it didn't stay for long because the song isnt good enough to be huge.

Yah- it's not necessarily as easy as "make a good song," as that's all individual taste, anyhow. The COADF singles were not going to get a fair shake at U.S. radio, period. And as she does get older, like it or not, it's going to be more difficult to get big, sustainable airplay.

Exactly.And it's not just Madonna.Look at how many other fiftysomething artists are having trouble getting airplay.When was the last time Prince came anywhere close to the Top 10? Or how about Bruce Springsteen? I think many fans are looking at Cher's success with "Believe",but that was a rare occurence that's not likely to happen again.

At that time yes. But she has been old forever by now. People got used to the "old" Madonna playing the popstar game and she hasn't released music for years now and after all the Gaga copying everything she did people miss the good "old" Madonna. She had her chance with GMAYL reaching the top10 but of course it didn't stay for long because the song isnt good enough to be huge.

Can you name some other fiftysomething artists who get alot of radio airplay and do very well on the Top 40 these days?

Epic Starlet- but did he have any U.S. chart hits from that album? Uh... huh. :p And that particular album peaked at No. 22 on the BB 200. It was his posthumous 2006 album that hit No. 1 (with just 88,000 in the first week).

On the subject of Bruce Springsteen (and some other older acts)- Springsteen doesn't even get much airplay at rock radio with his new releases. So, it's not just the pop format that has an issue with older acts.

Epic Starlet- but did he have any U.S. chart hits from that album? Uh... huh. :p

On the subject of Bruce Springsteen (and some other older acts)- Springsteen doesn't even get much airplay at rock radio with his new releases. So, it's not just the pop format that has an issue with older acts.

Well, I cant say what he did or did not get chartwise because well... I dont care about chart positions in the slightest. All I know is radio all over the world played the shit out of that album. Because it was good and still is.

Well, you asked how old he was when the album hit the charts- hence, the reply. :) I also added that his posthumous album fared better on the charts. That 2002 album did fare very well on year-end,all-time lists, though.

Can you name some other fiftysomething artists who get alot of radio airplay and do very well on the Top 40 these days?

At 50 year old only Madonna CARES to be a popstar trying to stay current with the music scene. It's not that we have others popstars at her age struggling to keep it up with the young public.

The other "old" pop acts like Cher, Cindy Lauper, Roxette, etc, are living from their past. The radio won't play them because they have nothing current good enough to be played.

At 50 year old only Madonna CARES to be a popstar trying to stay current with the music scene. It's not that we have others popstars at her age struggling to keep it up with the young public.

The other "old" pop acts like Cher, Cindy Lauper, Roxette, etc, are living from their past. The radio won't play them because they have nothing current good enough to be played.

So we all agree.....older artists don't get alot of airplay and the same chart success that younger artists get,right? No matter what they release.

We need to let go of this theory that Madonna could easily have Number One singles if only she released *amazing* songs again.

True, very true... think Slash, hes videly popular even today even with the younger crowd but most coulnt even name one of his newer songs. Hell, I loved Guns and Roses but I couldnt care lessa about his solo work.

So we all agree.....older artists don't get alot of airplay and the same chart success that younger artists get,right? No matter what they release.

We need to let go of this theory that Madonna could easily have Number One singles if only she released *amazing* songs again.

No, make an actually awesome song and promote it right and you will get airplay guaranteed. People seem to forget that Madonna herself doesnt seem all too eager to promote her own music anymore. Superbowl not withstanding...