GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

where did this come from?

i haven't seen anything on any of the big sites about it.

oh well...next week is fine i suppose, as long as they actually release it on monday/tuesday this time. :lol:

i'd definitely love to be able to buy it now though.

Yeah, my thought is to strike when it's hot. If they wait too long, they are going to miss the opportunity to sell this. I'm sure MOST fans have a copy in their collection now. Why the hell will they buy it, when they know the song will be on the album. So they need to definitely get the single and mixes out ASAP.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Yeah, my thought is to strike when it's hot. If they wait too long, they are going to miss the opportunity to sell this. I'm sure MOST fans have a copy in their collection now. Why the hell will they buy it, when they know the song will be on the album. So they need to definitely get the single and mixes out ASAP.

right.

i was hoping it would come out today, honestly. but next week can work too. i'm just worried they're going to wait longer than that. they definitely need to get it out soon, though. and give it some promo. the mp3's floating around are all pretty shit quality, so i'm hoping that will be enough incentive for people to buy it...to get it in HQ. i've only put that remix on my ipod so far, even though i'm not fond of it. i love the original, but i don't like listening to it in low quality, so i'm waiting for it to be on itunes. that's another reason i want it released ASAP! :lol:

i really hope they get this right. this song has potential.

the video wont be done for weeks! and i dont know where i heard those rumours of releasing the single next week, but what if they do wait until two to three weeks from now!!!!!!

i'd be so pissed, they seem to almost get it right with the single releases, but screw it up somehow a little

How aware are the general public anyway....is it even on radio yet? I think they need to play this very carefully if a hit is what they're after. I would have thought that it would be better to have released this lyric video a week before radio/itunes and then the video very soon after if not at the same time. Then the album a week later...

I don't know; I'm a bit out of touch with these things now. I've got no idea what's doing on commercial radio in Australia. I've been tuning in when driving to/from work thinking I might catch something M related, but nothing. It's the same five songs all the time. I hope that the tour dates are announced at the same time as the album to create some interest here.....I (Australia) feels a bit removed from this era so far.

BTW...I'm slightly warming to the song after essentially listening to it all day. It's all about the verses for me...something could definitely be improved with the opening music and then the chorus to tone down the euro-cheese

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

A friend of mine said he read on one of the forums that the single hits iTunes on 19th March??

:confused:

noooooooooooooooooo.

a week before the album? whats the point? dont they want people to be aware of more than just GMAYL?

i doubt that's true...right? :shy:

and i don't think they should wait for radio play to release it. if they go that route, we may NEVER get the song.

Edited by Fuck

Cyndi can now say that GGW is "REDUCTIVE" :lmao:

Why do people keep bringing that up?! I mean is not like she copied the melody/music of "Girls want to have fun" it just a phrase nothing else. What they are not aloud to use the same words?? This as ridiculous as the whole "girls gone wild" name copy right thing! LOL

Guys i just came back from the depths (my last post was on 2008 here) for not exactly a good reason: GGW is soooo average compared to other recent Madonna tracks, this is really the first time i didn't love her new singles from an album (GAYL was better i think actually than GGW). This is clearly the type of song that Madonna can write a dozen, this is too easy for her and she already have been there and achieved a better result (Get Together for instance). I don't know, but sometimes she kind of "waste" great songs like Animal, Revolver and Broken( guitar version), which i really enjoyed and consider stronger than then new ones. What is sad is that she did the amazing Superbowl performance that the whole world watched and unfortunately it is ending in some kind of "emptiness" because this is the second single we are getting even before the launch of the album and the singles "buzz" is not really supporting the it consistently.

Anyway, i won't say she got old, she is done, Gaga is better (lol), not at all, it is still better than much songs being played on the radio, but you know, she can do and will do better than that, i'm sure!

I've been wondering where the intro came from and if it's just been pulled together with the vevo mix, could it be any different from the album version or maybe the edit was for the "girls to girl" bit and they just didn't want to say that?

I do hope the official edit sounds clearer. I think they did that purposely so the final mix released sounds "much" better in its clarity and vocals.

OMG so hold up a second. Is she to be a NUN in this video? :drama::dramatic::sassy::wow::catty::queenbitch:

That is something I always thought she should do, it was one glaring image she never covered - I mean, I'm sure she referred to it at some point but it was never used in a big way. Blond Ambition Like a Prayer maybe?

Guys i just came back from the depths (my last post was on 2008 here) for not exactly a good reason: GGW is soooo average compared to other recent Madonna tracks, this is really the first time i didn't love her new singles from an album (GAYL was better i think actually than GGW). Anyway, i won't say she got old, she is done, Gaga is better (lol), not at all, it is still better than much songs being played on the radio, but you know, she can do and will do better than that, i'm sure!

Go back with no posting again... silence is golden!

Guest northernlad

WARNING: This video has been identified by Epilepsy Action to potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.

:D How considerate of you.

thats not a video still

and march 19th! that is way too late, they shouldve released it to radio/itunes next week, then the video, promotion, album

what r they going to do wait until a week before the album drops to do promotion!

OMG so hold up a second. Is she to be a NUN in this video? :drama::dramatic::sassy::wow::catty::queenbitch:

That is something I always thought she should do, it was one glaring image she never covered - I mean, I'm sure she referred to it at some point but it was never used in a big way. Blond Ambition Like a Prayer maybe?

oooh i hope so :dramatic:

tumblr_l8aw4ukCQg1qbhhnbo1_500.jpg