GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

Still nothing on iTunes Italy. Why? I need the HQ version!

Madonna's site says "The single will be added to international iTunes stores very soon so stay tuned!"

I imagine Sunday or Monday so they count towards the charts in one week rather than being split over a two week period. Certainly if she released before Sunday / Monday in the UK, it would affect her chart position.

Rate it as you like, GGW is insanely catchy and I fail to understand why the song wasn't released on itunes immediately after the premiere of the lyric video. Surely they must know that people rip youtube videos...

To be honest, if this song doesn't get frequent airplay on current top 40 stations, then I'm more convince that it's all about the age. I mean; c'mon this is SOOOOOO what radio is playing today. I can't help to think that is why they chose this to be the next single even if the rest of the album hasn't the same sound. There is no doubt in my mind that if this was recorded by someone else like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga or even Britney Spears, radio would be all over it. It may not be new and innovative music, but it just seems so perfect for what radio is playing lately.

I dont put so much hope in the US. They are ageist.

It could be a hit if they release the Cognito remix. Its definitely more interesting, edgy and current.

Im afraid the lyric video version (available on iTunes now) sounds a bit dated to be honest.

I think this song will go nowhere without promotion :( but I still love it of course

I think a LIVE performance of the song on American Idol, the week leading up to when the album drops would be perfect. The show is just starting their finalist competition, so a result show with Madonna performing would be awesome. They could mention the album comes out the coming Monday and the single is available on Itunes NOW! That's only two weeks away. And if she does it... she better fucking do it LIVE. :headbang:

I don't get the praise for the Justin Cognito remix. It seems to take something away from the song.

I agree, I just listened to it for the first time in the GGW Promo video thread. Maybe it's because I've let the album version grow on me now, but I far prefer it to the Justin Cognito mix.

GGW has really grown on me. I'm really loving the verses, especially the first verse...something about the way she sings "it's so hypnotic..." just feels like classic Madonna to me. The chorus isn't as classic Madonna to me as the verses but it's infectious as hell. I agree with other posters that have said if this song doesn't become a hit it's simply because she's old...point blank. Love or hate the song, you can't really deny it fits in PERFECTLY with what's hot on Top 40 radio right now. If Rhianna, Katy or Britney were singing this it would be a surefire smash.

I can totally understand why this and GMAYL were released in favor of other tracks on the album. If the descriptions of the other songs are accurate, then these two (and maybe TUTR) sound like the most straight up pop, single worthy, potential radio hits on the album. She couldn't very well have a lead single where she's singing "if you're gonna act like a bitch you're gonna die like a bitch" :lol: Imagine her doing THAT at the Super Bowl! :lmao:

Remember this performance? good times. Thats how u promote a single

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9r9tYMB7-5I

It is. But again, this took place when the single was out for more than a couple of weeks. At this time of the year, there aren't any high profiled music awards shows going on.

And honestly, if it came down to her taking time to get her TOUR together versus promoting on some silly show, I'd rather her spend time on the tour. The song should speak for itself. Interscope should do their part in making sure radio plays the song. I realize this is a different time, but back in the day, Madonna didn't have to do any promotional performances to get her songs heard. A good song should have it's chance to slowly rise to the top and slowly fall down. I honestly didn't like how GMAYL was pretty much forced onto the public and then fell drastically. A song should have a little momentum going before anyone spends time promoting it.

If I were you, I'd focus on enjoying the music and let the record company and Madonna worry about promotion. The fact is... Madonna is going to spend her money and time on the ultimate goal... the tour... which SHE profits from.

Forgive me for being optimistic but...

Since she's not a "radio" artist anymore, maybe everything we "think" is wrong with the promotion is just what they want. Maybe they want a slow unraveling. So they take their time releasing it on the international iTunes, and take their time before releasing remixes, while the video is being edited at lightning speed to be released right before the album drops AND THEN she'll have a concept idea for the tour or at least the single performance like she did for "Hung Up." She might do two quick days of promotion once she's more comfortable with the tour ideas and has little left to do but rehearse until the tour begins...

She's obviously not going to perform the song without a "performance" ready and she's not going to have one done separately from the tour when she can just prepare for the tour and perform GGW the way it will be performed on the tour, holding back on some of the magic. That performance that was just posted reminded me of that. I'd rather the album have a slow steady promotion then GAYL rushed hard paid for promotion and then everyone is over it. It might benefit her that way nowadays and maybe that's what Interscope is trying to do for her...use their resources to get her name out their consistently and slowly unravel the goods so it can slowly climb.

I mean it's 35 on iTunes with no promotion or radio play. The video will push it more. The more they play it in clubs will push it more.

Since she's not a "radio" artist anymore, maybe everything we "think" is wrong with the promotion is just what they want. Maybe they want a slow unraveling. So they take their time releasing it on the international iTunes, and take their time before releasing remixes, while the video is being edited at lightning speed to be released right before the album drops AND THEN she'll have a concept idea for the tour or at least the single performance like she did for "Hung Up." She might do two quick days of promotion once she's more comfortable with the tour ideas and has little left to do but rehearse until the tour begins...

She's obviously not going to perform the song without a "performance" ready and she's not going to have one done separately from the tour when she can just prepare for the tour and perform GGW the way it will be performed on the tour, holding back on some of the magic. That performance that was just posted reminded me of that. I'd rather the album have a slow steady promotion then GAYL rushed hard paid for promotion and then everyone is over it. It might benefit her that way nowadays and maybe that's what Interscope is trying to do for her...use their resources to get her name out their consistently and slowly unravel the goods so it can slowly climb.

I mean it's 35 on iTunes with no promotion or radio play. The video will push it more. The more they play it in clubs will push it more.

Very good point.I'm sure that Madonna and Interscope have some kind of strategy in place...probably very similiar to what you said.I like the idea of a "slow buildup".

I don't get the praise for the Justin Cognito remix. It seems to take something away from the song.

its amazing!! It has many incredible build ups lacking on the other. I tried to listen the iTunes version but its not on the same level to me..Funny how different tastes are..

Me neither. I like the original song better. The remix takes away from the melody and the pop appeal of the original. I guess it's great for clubs, but the original is so much more catchy. But then I'm not a club/remix type of person.

Well, her fan base is huge, so any new song without the album out before will get a huge boost in digital sales on ITUNES. And I agree on what you said above about how the approach here is to let the song build momentum. After all, that is how it should be done. She's an established artist. Certainly doesn't hurt to promote a song or two, but when your embarking to go on tour, to me that is the main focus for an artist like Madonna. These days, we do not have to wait for a song or video to be played by the media. We can directly go onto the internet and check out the popular hot spots where the song is streaming. Or we have it instantly in our collection. I think the idea behind the lyric video is to get the song out there and heard first. Not force it onto radio or people that don't want to hear it. Let it build some momentum as her music did in the good old days. Then she can come out performing the songs whether it's on tour or some highly rated show.

I don't get those who are constantly screaming that she needs to "promote, promote, promote" as soon as it is released. Especially when she's working on a World Tour which is technically ultimate promotion for any artist.

Well, her fan base is huge, so any new song without the album out before will get a huge boost in digital sales on ITUNES. And I agree on what you said above about how the approach here is to let the song build momentum. After all, that is how it should be done. She's an established artist. Certainly doesn't hurt to promote a song or two, but when your embarking to go on tour, to me that is the main focus for an artist like Madonna. These days, we do not have to wait for a song or video to be played by the media. We can directly go onto the internet and check out the popular hot spots where the song is streaming. Or we have it instantly in our collection. I think the idea behind the lyric video is to get the song out there and heard first. Not force it onto radio or people that don't want to hear it. Let it build some momentum as her music did in the good old days. Then she can come out performing the songs whether it's on tour or some highly rated show.

I don't get those who are constantly screaming that she needs to "promote, promote, promote" as soon as it is released. Especially when she's working on a World Tour which is technically ultimate promotion for any artist.

Well I was one of those, but I realized that it doesn't matter at this point. If she tops the charts, GREAT! If it does mediocre, WHATEVER! If it does, horribly, who gives a shit. I can't stand ANY radio artists today so my judgement was clouded when I thought that it mattered if she was ranked among them when they all SUCK anyway!

I just enjoy seeing her on TV all the time lol or on radio (which I watch/listen to rarely anyway). Times have changed dramatically and I have to remember that her promotions are never heavy heavy promotions. She does a few little gigs around album release and that's it...so all this is just our fantasies getting in the way of reality.

Btw, the Madonnathon party in NYC was AMAZING! Big turnout of people and Madonna videos everywhere. I even saw HQ of the Hard Candy promo on the screens...I was there and always wanted a good quality of it and never thought it existed. Except for that crappy internet stream quality. Anyway MDNA decorated and people dressed as Madonna in Frozen, Like A Virgin etc... Dina Marie was there and I passed out GAYL singles to the best dancers ...the house of ninja was there and everyone danced the whole night. People LOVED GGW! Epic night and then I fell asleep on my way home and left my single on the bus! Ugh...I did get W.E. posters and considering that I'm one of the FEW that LOVED the movie, I'm happy about that, cause it does feel extremely Madonna-related to me. :)

I can't keep up with this thread. You people are OBSESSED with her music charting :wacko: You clearly can't enjoy music unless the masses give it its mediocre stamp of approval. Shame.

I love that she brought back the "Hey" in her lyric, used to use them all the time: let your body move to the music, hey hey hey....express yourself, hey hey hey hey, hey you, hey! what? listen!

Edited by brem

Well I was one of those, but I realized that it doesn't matter at this point. If she tops the charts, GREAT! If it does mediocre, WHATEVER! If it does, horribly, who gives a shit. I can't stand ANY radio artists today so my judgement was clouded when I thought that it mattered if she was ranked among them when they all SUCK anyway!

I just enjoy seeing her on TV all the time lol or on radio (which I watch/listen to rarely anyway). Times have changed dramatically and I have to remember that her promotions are never heavy heavy promotions. She does a few little gigs around album release and that's it...so all this is just our fantasies getting in the way of reality.

Well, you have to keep in mind, promotional performances is relatively new for Madonna this past decade. Before Ray of Light, we rarely saw any live TV perfomances and when we did, it was usually after the fact. For instance, VMA's "Express Yourself", that was months after that song reached it's peak on radio. The same goes for VOGUE performance the next year. Her first three albums, I don't recall any promotional performances on TV. (Granted, she did some promotional performance in other countries). Hell, it wasn't until Who's That Girl until she did an interview on TV like Johnny Carson. MTV at the time was one of the biggest tools for an artist like Madonna. All she had to do is release a song and a video and it was every where. And if there was no video, MTV would pull out a live performance. They would devote weekends to her. When she released "Ray of Light", that is when we really got to see her to do the rounds on TV. The promotional gigs like BRIXTON ACADEMY or KOKO didn't come until Music and Confessions. And let's remember, AMERICAN LIFE was an album Madonna really did a lot of radio and TV. It certainly didn't help any. People can say, well the songs were shit, but I guess that's the whole point. It doesn't matter what sort of push or promotion, but if it isn't good or the outlets that feature pop stars don't play her anymore, promotion isn't gonna mean squat.

i dont buy that, not in todays times, look at glee, american idol, the voice, ONE PERFORMANCE ON THOSE SHOWS and the song would skyrocket up the charts over night

she just has to do these shows in a well planned out manner...if GGW starts to drop off itunes this following week-then these performances would help it massively

if she does nothing, then i dont know