GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

at the end of the era though, that top ten for GAYL will be just that, nothing else will matter in the long run of history

i'm sure tonight the single will cool down on itunes - until tomorrow of course!! woot woot

The song sure inhabits ur mind...I just got back from a funeral mass for my friend's nonna & the Hey-eye-ye-ey-hey bit kept playing in my head.

God, even when I'm not paying attention 2 the bitch she's still being inappropriate. :fag:

The song sure inhabits ur mind...I just got back from a funeral mass for my friend's nonna & the Hey-eye-ye-ey-hey bit kept playing in my head.

God, even when I'm not paying attention 2 the bitch she's still being inappropriate. :fag:

:rotfl: I was trying to think where that came from, I've only played it 4 times and am trying not to go overboard with it. But I agree that it's something of an earworm though, the opening beats.. though it's got nothing on current stuff like "Titanium" and "Somebody That I Used to Know"(!). The actual melody is fairly weak and album track-ish, certainly not lead(ish) Madonna single. :shy:

It sounds like loads of stuff as well, I'm getting a big Witchney Tears "Till the World Ends" vibe, reminds me of the opening "this kitten got your tongue tied in knots I see". I wish she never had that foul low standards promoting "every record sounds the same" lyric but maybe that was the point and an excuse for what was to come. Generica.. romance.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonna.com/news/

March 02, 2012

"Girl Gone Wild" Single Now Available From Some iTunes Stores

The "Girl Gone Wild" single is now available for instant download from iTunes in the USA, Canada and Mexico: BUY HERE

The single will be added to international iTunes stores very soon so stay tuned!

:rotfl: I was trying to think where that came from, I've only played it 4 times and am trying not to go overboard with it. But I agree that it's something of an earworm though, the opening beats.. though it's got nothing on current stuff like "Titanium" and "Somebody That I Used to Know"(!). The actual melody is fairly weak and album track-ish, certainly not lead(ish) Madonna single. :shy:

Yeah it's catchy but quite average and anonymous. You can tell Madonna didn't write it, the melody is weak (not to mention that TANQUERAY line).

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=madonna-girl-gone-wild-new-song&t=fb

Madonna, 'Girl Gone Wild' -- New Song

Posted on Mar 2nd 2012 3:36PM by The AOL Radio Staff

Madonna is continuing her triumphant comeback with her second single titled 'Girl Gone Wild' off her forthcoming album, 'MDNA,' due out in stores March 26th. 'Girl Gone Wild' follows the success of 'Give Me All Your Luvin,' her first top ten single since her 2008 track '4 Minutes.'

Despite having only just been released, 'Girl Gone Wild' has already received buzz when it was revealed in December that the track was produced by superstar DJ/producer Benny Benassi. The up-tempo dance tune was met with some criticism later on. First, rapper 50 Cent tweeted his disappointment in which he felt Interscope Records (the label currently managing 50 Cent and Madonna) was supporting Madonna more than him, as has a similarly titled 'Girls Gone Wild' track set to appear on his next album. Then, 'Girls Gone Wild' creator Joe Francis threatened to sue Madonna over the name if she performed the song during the halftime show of the Super Bowl.

Nevertheless, Madonna is still forging ahead with her beat-heavy and lyrically sex-charged tune that will surely be on DJs' playlists this spring. Listen to Madonna's latest effort on the Top Dance station.

Guest bluejean

Doesn't Madge have a writing credit on GGW, though? Of course it may just be the prayer addition and possibly the bridge, but a credit's a credit. :crazy:

I think his point is that it sounds like she didn't put down the initial ideas and her contribution seems to be changing lyrics mostly. You can kind of tell with the melody of "hey ey ey" and "I'm like a girl gone wild, a good girl gone wild" it does not sound typically Madonna. 'Give Me All Your Luvin' sounds typically Madonna melody wise to me, kind of like an uglier cousin of 'Hung Up.'

Frankly I don't care who wrote what, it still has Madonna's stamp all over it.

Guest groovyguy

37 in US iTunes while 24 on Canadian iTunes wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Top 40 Smash with no airplay and no promo!

Doesn't Madge have a writing credit on GGW, though? Of course it may just be the prayer addition and possibly the bridge, but a credit's a credit. :crazy:

There was an article posted here that said GGW was presented to Madonna as a finished track. It said the name of the woman that wrote the lyrics. I don't remember it now.

It's really great to see it charting on iTunes. I really do hope it's a hit. I love the song. It deserves to be a greatest hit unlike GMAYL.

GGW could easily be a Top 20 hit.It's catchy and radio-friendly.

GGW could easily be a Top 20 hit.It's catchy and radio-friendly.

To be honest, if this song doesn't get frequent airplay on current top 40 stations, then I'm more convince that it's all about the age. I mean; c'mon this is SOOOOOO what radio is playing today. I can't help to think that is why they chose this to be the next single even if the rest of the album hasn't the same sound. There is no doubt in my mind that if this was recorded by someone else like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga or even Britney Spears, radio would be all over it. It may not be new and innovative music, but it just seems so perfect for what radio is playing lately.

To be honest, if this song doesn't get frequent airplay on current top 40 stations, then I'm more convince that it's all about the age. I mean; c'mon this is SOOOOOO what radio is playing today. I can't help to think that is why they chose this to be the next single even if the rest of the album hasn't the same sound. There is no doubt in my mind that if this was recorded by someone else like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga or even Britney Spears, radio would be all over it. It may not be new and innovative music, but it just seems so perfect for what radio is playing lately.

Although I don't care at all what radio plays I agree with your assessment completely. Maybe the girls will join the gays and request this one?

Although I don't care at all what radio plays I agree with your assessment completely. Maybe the girls will join the gays and request this one?

Same here. Don't even listen to radio anymore. But I'm not going to lie... I would love to see her get some "luvin" on U.S. radio again. And there is a handful of songs they play on radio that I enjoy. I just enjoy listening to music on my own terms, rather what radio thinks what we want to hear.

I agree! If this song doesn't do well on the charts,it's strictly because of her age.The track is insanely catchy!