GIRLS GONE WILD: TODAY AT NOON ET

Ai Papi Si.

It sounds just as bland as celebration. sorry to say, but this song is going nowhere...

We found love sounds bland and basic too but it manged to be 10 weeks on the top of the charts, of course Madonna is not Rihanna.

Guest Xanthium

I don't think the song is THAT serious - I think it's just her being cheeky and playing with catholic imagery again - doing the whole "I'm Madonna I love to let loose on the DANCE FLO" thing... the rest of what you said you're entitled to of course, I also think the music is a little vanilla, but whatever, this definitely has bigger hit potential than GMAYL and that's what I think they're looking for.

I know she's not trying to be serious but for me the lyrics are juvenile. The funny thing is, I love Madonna's happy-go-lucky dance songs. I love Spotlight. I love Don't Stop. I love the album version of Celebration. I just don't feel this song for some reason. The music is...reductive. I hate to say it. It sounds like something you would hear 10 years ago from a club in Ibiza. I'm not a big lyrics person in general anyway so I'm sure if there was better music and a real melody attached to the song I would like it better. Oh well. Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe I'm not. But I will tell you I haven't felt this blah about her music since I first heard "American Life".

We found love sounds bland and basic too but it manged to be 10 weeks on the top of the charts, of course Madonna is not Rihanna.

I think GMYAL is much more bland than GGW.

But I think too that GGW has hit potential, even though I think it's a bit too 'hard' for mainstream radio. I mean it's more suitable for being played at clubs than being played at a typical radio channel.

The song develops well, it's good and teenagerish. I'm just not feeling the "hey hey heeey" part. But it's dance, kinda COAD and that's good. I don't know, it's not great but not terrible either, it's just very Celebration. :lol:

I know she's not trying to be serious but for me the lyrics are juvenile. The funny thing is, I love Madonna's happy-go-lucky dance songs. I love Spotlight. I love Don't Stop. I love the album version of Celebration. I just don't feel this song for some reason. The music is...reductive. I hate to say it. It sounds like something you would hear 10 years ago from a club in Ibiza. I'm not a big lyrics person in general anyway so I'm sure if there was better music and a real melody attached to the song I would like it better. Oh well. Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe I'm not. But I will tell you I haven't felt this blah about her music since I first heard "American Life".

Can you post the definition for that word again? I think people uses it in the wrong way.

I see where you're coming from. A lot of people had that same complaint when Hung Up came out (the tired dance beat, generic lyrics, etc)... and some people still stand by that, and it wound up being her biggest hit last decade.

I actually felt the same way when I heard Hung Up, and I feel that way now with GGW (as in, I like it but don't *love* it)... it took the video, and the live performances for me to be totally won over by Hung Up, and I suspect that's what'll happen here.

Not impressed.

Me too, but i'm not expecting to be impressed by her current music. With GMAYL and GGW it's pretty clear the sound she embraced, and it's basically the sound of Celebration (90s generic dance base with fun lyrics). In this regard (pure dance music) COAD sonds way more avant garde.

OMG the song is rancid, I want the Madonna who made songs like Who's That Girl And Where's The Party! This song sounds nothing like those Gems, After Where's The Party, it just ended abruptly for Madonna, and I have been waiting ever so patiently for it to regain???? I want Madonna to only work with Shep Pettibone! Who made this song, the Spice Girls????

:lmao:

Who's That Girl is no gem :lol:

Guest bluejean

OMG the song is rancid, I want the Madonna who made songs like Who's That Girl And Where's The Party! This song sounds nothing like those Gems, After Where's The Party, it just ended abruptly for Madonna, and I have been waiting ever so patiently for it to regain???? I want Madonna to only work with Shep Pettibone! Who made this song, the Spice Girls????

I know right. Someone tweet guy and tell him we need a Shep Pettibone or Steve Bray remix or this shit is gonna FLOP HARD. Her career is OVER

Me too, but i'm not expecting to be impressed by her current music. With GMAYL and GGW it's pretty clear the sound she embraced, and it's basically the sound of Celebration (90s generic dance base with fun lyrics). In this regard (pure dance music) COAD sonds way more avant garde.

:lol:

you've heard 2 out of 15 new songs. Chicken Litteling is not necessary. Just wait.

Guest Xanthium

I see where you're coming from. A lot of people had that same complaint when Hung Up came out (the tired dance beat, generic lyrics, etc)... and some people still stand by that, and it wound up being her biggest hit last decade.

I actually felt the same way when I heard Hung Up, and I feel that way now with GGW (as in, I like it but don't *love* it)... it took the video, and the live performances for me to be totally won over by Hung Up, and I suspect that's what'll happen here.

GGW could be a grower for me, who knows. I'm not writing the song off for good, just giving my first gut reactions. I've always loved Hung Up and when I first heard COADF (my 2nd favorite Madonna album) I though I was going to burst into gay flames! But this song is just so phoned in. I'm still going to stay positive about the album though. I've never outright hated a Madonna album. There are plenty of things I like/love about AL or HC and those eras. If I can survive the disaster of the AL era, I can survive this :lol:

Why, what's going on?

People are bitching and moaning saying the song is a disaster and are now starting to appreciate the HC era :lmao: i dont know if there's anyone who likes it at tribe. OH WELL

I can see the pattern now, first the uhhhs and the ahhhs then the bitching mode then the video will be released and it gets universal praise and uhhs and ahhhhs then the bitching again. Just like GMAYL......I guess this will be the pattern here in the forum up until M croaked and she willl be universally praised :nocomment: