Should Madonna have a small tribute to Whitney in the new tour?

Apples388

I just had an amazing idea.. how about a

SORRY/IT'S NOT RIGHT BUT IT'S OKAY mash-up. Not in a "mash-up" way but in the old school way of how she did "Like a Virgin" with "Sugarpie Honey Bunch" at the WTG Tour in 1987.

I'm thinking.. instead of the cringeworthy foreign language INTERLUDE she just goes straight into the "It's Not Right but it's Okay" chorus.. and then back to "I heard it all before...." and "SORRY" chorus.

PLEASE MADEENNA YOU MUST DO IT!

I was thinking at least a sample snippet with dancers a la Jacko of IWDWS and/or HWIK - dance pop songs not dissimilar to Madonna's 80s output. Something like that. I'm not sure how they could shoehorn in a ballad, which is what she was more known for of course, but then the dance-pop shit was a big enough component of her success.

I don't see what harm a brief sample of IWDWS would do. I mean why the hell not. I take the point that it may look old hat by the summer, but then again I doubt it.. people won't be over this for a couple of years. Jacko carking it took ages to sink in, so surreal.

I think "It's Not Right.." chorus is the best one for Madeenna's, erm, vocal range. I don't know if IWDWS could withstand crow vox treatment!! :nocomment:

Im sure anything that comes from Madeennas throat will beat Whitneys last 5 years of "vocals"..

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I'm sorry but WHY the hell should she pay tribute. they weren't friends or whatever.

I kinda have to agree with this. I'd like her to say something about Whitney and acknowledge her death like every other celeb has, but I don't think she needs to do a tribute. They really had no connection to each other throughout their careers. M and Michael at least interacted and almost collaborated and she also was influenced some by him and I think had a lot of respect for his talent and contribution to music. I think she did respect Whitney's vocal talent but that's about it.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Why does everyone want Madonna do be her best friend all of a sudden?

Is this like those people who are suddenly hardcore Whitney fans crying themselves to sleep every night even though they've never expressed interest in her before her death?

Guest bluejean

Why does everyone want Madonna do be her best friend all of a sudden?

Is this like those people who are suddenly hardcore Whitney fans crying themselves to sleep every night even though they've never expressed interest in her before her death?

Probably. Wouldn't it be great if Madonna just said nothing about her whatsoever instead of jumping on the bandwagon. I mean we've got the likes of Justin Bieber paying tribute claiming he was a fan :lol:

Guest FrozenEyes

Didn't I just read on here she mouthed the words to IWDWS in a club? What more do you people want!!! :dramatic:

I assume that is going to be as much acknowledgment as she gives, granted that she just wasn't singing along because she likes the song. :bad:

EWWWW NO!!!!!!!

Love me some Whitney, but this is so irrelevant. They are both in the same industry but on different levels...

MJ and Madonna are both ICONIC in the pop world, hence the tribute. Whitney is an R&B Queen.

QoL Whitney Houston, Nippy, my baby, my girl...already payed tribute 2 M's Virgin Tour backstage interlude.

RIP DIVA.

is this concert available on dvd????

and i don´t think she has to do something to remember whitney.As ssomebody has said, they will ask her questions about whitney when the promo starts.And, michael wasn´t only a peer for her, he was somebody that she really admired, you can see his influence in her music