Do you think Madonna should tour Africa?

horn

Possible setlist:

Wildlife Interlude - Justify My Love (Beast Within Mix)

Animal

Eagle's Wings

Like A Flower

Jitterbug

Secret Garden

Primate Interlude - Santuary

Where Life Begins

I'm Going Bananas

Back In Business (Monkey Remix)

(Tribal) Beat Goes On / Erotica Mash Up

Human Nature

Global Warming Interlude - Warning Signs

Burning Up

Bye Bye Baby

Fever

Runaway Lover

Rescue Me

Aftermath Interlude - Gone

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

This Used To Be My Playground

Paradise (Not For Me)

Survival

Seriously though do other artists tour Africa? Are there relevant markets apart from South Africa and the Maghreb? Are there artists that play in sub-saharan Africa? I seem to recall Beyonce playing Addis Ababa :wow:

Possible setlist:

Wildlife Interlude - Justify My Love (Beast Within Mix)

Animal

Eagle's Wings

Like A Flower

Jitterbug

Secret Garden

Primate Interlude - Santuary

Where Life Begins

I'm Going Bananas

Back In Business (Monkey Remix)

(Tribal) Beat Goes On / Erotica Mash Up

Human Nature

Global Warming Interlude - Warning Signs

Burning Up

Bye Bye Baby

Fever

Runaway Lover

Rescue Me

Aftermath Interlude - Gone

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

This Used To Be My Playground

Paradise (Not For Me)

Survival

I wonder if Baboon will get special discount in order to convert them from Floppita to Madge fans? :1251:

What is wrong with you? You're not funny and what you're saying is pretty disgusting. Knowing the moderators on this forum this will go unnoticed.

Seriously though do other artists tour Africa? Are there relevant markets apart from South Africa and the Maghreb? Are there artists that play in sub-saharan Africa? I seem to recall Beyonce playing Addis Ababa :wow:

Yes they do. A lot of major hip hop, reggae and R&B artists often tour outside of SA. Just off the top of my head Chris Brown and Ciara were in Angola last year.

However I don't believe Madonna is popular enough to tour there + with those prices.

^ The poster I responded to asked if artists (I assume he meant American) tour subsaharan Africa and I answered him.

And Chris Brown is arguably as or more popular than Madonna in the US at the moment so I don't know what your point is.

I don't give a damn about Janet. I was talking about the baboon and monkey comments. You are ignorant and racist.

The terms "Primate" refers to mammal of the order Primates which contains prosimians and simians. Monkeys, baboons, apes & human (including you and me) belong to the simians family group. That's why songs related to monkeys & human are grouped under the "Primate Interlude". You need to go back to school and study more.

Whereas for the "baboons" reference, it was originated from Pre-Madonnanation era i.e. dotmusic forums where ppl had mocked Floppita's dance move inspired by baboons. Since her fans claimed that she's big in Africa, ppl in that forum joked that besides human, African animals e.g. the baboons must have listened to her music and became her fans. Obviously you're not from the dotmusic era.

And I did NOT say baboon = African ppl but I guess that's what on YOUR mind.

Now look who's the racist & ignorant one. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Madonna would find comments like this appropriate considering she has 2 black children especially 2 african ones!

What does it got to do with her children? And exactly WHICH sentence I'd mentioned anything on the skin color?

When I said "baboons", I meant the REAL baboons (see post above), not human beings. Whereas you, on the other hand, you have to ask yourself what's on your mind?

I apologise if I misinterpreted what you said, I did not know that there was a private joke thing to do with Janet and baboons, so I apologise again. But as you know terminology such as monkeys, apes, baboons etc are sometimes used in a racial abusing context, so I jumped the gun!

It's alright darling.

You were mislead by the Tranet police.

to this day, that planet of the apes and janet face clipping never amuses me...

we hate people vicitmizing MADONNA with ageism... i am not about to accept racism just coz it's against another contemporary diva... :thumbsdown:

^ The poster I responded to asked if artists (I assume he meant American) tour subsaharan Africa and I answered him.

And Chris Brown is arguably as or more popular than Madonna in the US at the moment so I don't know what your point is.

Thanks for the Info :thumbsup:

I agree about the racist undertone and the endless Janet/ape comparisons are nothing but lame at this Point. That was Fun for a Split Second in 2004.

About As Funny As Jokes about Asians being ubable to pronounce r

Tluly Funny :manson:

She should tour where there is demand. Sticky and Sweet showed when she went off the beaten track there was a huge demand. I think she could do at least South Africa. As for the rest, it is difficult to tell. Which countries have enough people willing to pay enough (and afford to pay enough) to justify her coming?

The terms "Primate" refers to mammal of the order Primates which contains prosimians and simians. Monkeys, baboons, apes & human (including you and me) belong to the simians family group. That's why songs related to monkeys & human are grouped under the "Primate Interlude". You need to go back to school and study more.

Whereas for the "baboons" reference, it was originated from Pre-Madonnanation era i.e. dotmusic forums where ppl had mocked Floppita's dance move inspired by baboons. Since her fans claimed that she's big in Africa, ppl in that forum joked that besides human, African animals e.g. the baboons must have listened to her music and became her fans. Obviously you're not from the dotmusic era.

And I did NOT say baboon = African ppl but I guess that's what on YOUR mind.

Now look who's the racist & ignorant one. :rolleyes:

Oh please, you know well and good the convoluted excuse you just came up with is not how your original post would be interpreted by normal people. And now you're trying to turn it around? You really should learn to take responsibility for the mess you post. Or at the very least learn to think before you type.

She should tour where there is demand. Sticky and Sweet showed when she went off the beaten track there was a huge demand. I think she could do at least South Africa. As for the rest, it is difficult to tell. Which countries have enough people willing to pay enough (and afford to pay enough) to justify her coming?

The problem with touring South Africa alone I think is the distance, kind of like the Australia issue. If she were to go there I think she would need to visit neighbouring countries too. I do believe there are a lot of emerging markets where there are classes of people that could afford to see her - SA, Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Mauritius, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Tunisia, Egypt perhaps, etc.

I think the main question, though, is the actual demand to see her.

Oh please, you know well and good the convoluted excuse you just came up with is not how your original post would be interpreted by normal people. And now you're trying to turn it around? You really should learn to take responsibility for the mess you post. Or at the very least learn to think before you type.

Most of the people here are from dotmusic forum era and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

Whereas you, came in from nowhere, and start finger pointing at everyone without a clue (Yes, I'm not talking about just this thread).

If you're so UPSET with these threads, why bother to reply? Why not leave the forum for good?

And oh, there's an option to block ALL my posts since it upsets you so much.

Please feel free. Don't worry, I won't lose any sleep. :thumbsup:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

The problem with touring South Africa alone I think is the distance, kind of like the Australia issue. If she were to go there I think she would need to visit neighbouring countries too. I do believe there are a lot of emerging markets where there are classes of people that could afford to see her - SA, Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Mauritius, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Tunisia, Egypt perhaps, etc.

I think the main question, though, is the actual demand to see her.

There must be a reason that major artists don't perform in Africa (likely high expense and low potential return). But doing just South Africa alone could be profitable. Celine did 9 shows among 6 cities during her last world tour. M would do well there since she's never been.

Most of the people here are from dotmusic forum era and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

Whereas you, came in from nowhere, and start finger pointing at everyone without a clue (Yes, I'm not talking about just this thread).

If you're so UPSET with these threads, why bother to reply? Why not leave the forum for good?

And oh, there's an option to block ALL my posts since it upsets you so much.

Please feel free. Don't worry, I won't lose any sleep. :thumbsup:

You're right, I really shouldn't be engaging you. I don't entertain stupidity in real life and I don't know why I'm doing it here. So goodbye!

There must be a reason that major artists don't perform in Africa (likely high expense and low potential return). But doing just South Africa alone could be profitable. Celine did 9 shows among 6 cities during her last world tour. M would do well there since she's never been.

What is your definition of a major artist? Whether you like them or not 50 Cent, Akon, Chris Brown, Ciara at one point, Sean Paul, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Sean Kingston etc. are all Billboard topping artists and they've all toured Africa. What they have in common, however, is that a) they're black and b) they make music that is popular in Africa, qualities which are obviously not attributable to Madonna. I will reiterate - I don't think Madonna is popular enough to get away with the prices she charges in the countries with the classes that are wealthy enough to host her.

You're right, I really shouldn't be engaging you. I don't entertain stupidity in real life and I don't know why I'm doing it here. So goodbye!

And yet you STILL come in. :doh:

Obviously you're not very intelligent and having problem comprehending.

KEEP OFF.

I say yes!

It's time to take over Floppita's biggest market! :demonic:

I hope you realize Africa is a HUGE continent made up of many countries. Janet doesn't have a hold over the whole of Africa. There are dozens of countries in Africa, but yes South Africa is one of Janet's biggest markets. I think Madonna could do well in South Africa as well. She could do two concerts or so. I think they'd be a success for sure.

I hope you realize Africa is a HUGE continent made up of many countries. Janet doesn't have a hold over the whole of Africa. There are dozens of countries in Africa, but yes South Africa is one of Janet's biggest markets. I think Madonna could do well in South Africa as well. She could do two concerts or so. I think they'd be a success for sure.

:lol: