UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

Guest northernlad

Wasn't there a CD single released in the UK? If not, why not? That's kinda bizarre. Are CD singles losing their popularity in Europe now? When I was in London two years ago I went to every goddamn HMV and practically cried at all the beautiful singles :lol: As an American who grew up on cassette and CD singles, it breaks my heart that we don't have them anymore :(

It will have a physical release, but not until early March. That said, yes, physical singles are completely irrelevant; they comprise only 1% of all single sales in the UK now. There's been talk that Universal & Sony will both be abandoning 2-track singles in France this year. As for HMV, I think they closed some absurd number of shops last year - like 60 or 70.

Guest northernlad

Hopefully the next single will be handled better and she will do

some promo.

Too bad there aren't really any major television shows for her to do this time of year. Yay for radio interviews. :|

It's OVER northy according to some posters who had constantly reminded us that GMAYL & MDNA are dead.

British doesn't care for this rude bitch anymore! :dramatic:

We get it!! It's really you that hates Madonna!!

They sent even her WORST singles to the top 10 (American Life, Give It 2 Me). Then when she divorced Guy, went back to New York, all of a sudden they don't wanna play her music anymore, suddenly she's too old? It's very COINCIDENTAL.

Well, our old friend Hafo (I don't know if he posts here anymore but he is over at UKMix) says that GMAYL would've been a Top 10 hit in the UK if the pre-order sales of the album had counted toward the single. The UK charts did not include them, so she debuted low.

I am not saying that this song is some smash in the UK, it certainly is not. However, most of Madonna's first singles start big...and if they are genuine hits they linger at the top tier for awhile, and if not they slide down the chart faster than runny cat shit on a tin roof in mid-July.

Guest bluejean

i agree... reading from what others have been posting here from the UK, they hated her after her split-up with Guy...

they super loved her during his time with Guy and being like an adoptive daughter being the lady of the manor and all...

If that is the Madonna they prefer I'd RATHER they abandon her.

If that is the Madonna they prefer I'd RATHER they abandon her.

PREACH IT.

I loved Hung Up, I loved Confessions, and more than anything, I loved the Confessons Tour (#SPELLBINDING #JUXTAPOSITION) but I had to cringe when Madonna would flounce around her London countryside estate pip-pipping and toshing everywhere... who knows why. Confessions was where her interest in being a Londoner started to slide, though. I'd say it peaked around 2003/2004. Madonna, you are a yank, you always will be, we all know in your spare time you love to get fucked by young blatinos. Thank god she came back to New York where she belongs.

Yep, she's just a DIVORCED, AMERICAN YANK to them now. SO MUCH FOR LOYALTY.

Oh well what can you do?

25fsgeb.jpg

I will still support her no matter what! :dramatic:

Not to mentioned I had already pre-ordered MDNA for both standard & deluxe edition.

Flop or not, she's still my Queen! :dramatic:

I'm sorry but she got great press and tv coverage for her Super Bowl performance. It's utter crap saying the Brits hate her, she's got 140.000 pre orders for goodness sake! And GMYL would've gone top 10 if the pre orders counted!!!

God so much hate from her OWN fans not the British public!

OMG! Another evidence shows that the Brits hate her! :(

Now they want the concert to be canceled!

HYDE PARK MEGA-CONCERTS AT RISK AFTER NEIGHBOURS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NOISE

Major music concerts in Hyde Park could be axed because Westminster council believes they are too noisy.

Future performances by the likes of Rihanna and Madonna are under threat after complaints from wealthy Mayfair residents about the "repetitive" noise caused by dance acts.

Boris Johnson is said to be "extremely concerned" and told the Standard: "I want to see Madonna in Hyde Park".

There are fears that the decision could threaten concerts planned for Hyde Park during the Olympics.

Westminster councillors are expected to approve new restrictions at a meeting on Friday.

The local authority faced a storm of protest over its plans to charge for parking in the evenings and on weekends, which were abandoned last month following the resignation of council leader Colin Barrow.

Organisers of events including the O2 Wireless festival today said all future concerts in the park could now be at risk.

The council is targeting dance acts such as The Chemical Brothers, who played to more than 30,000 people at the festival last summer. A report for the licensing sub-committee says 109 complaints about noise were made last year, double the number in 2010.

Westminster wants to cut the number of concerts allowed each year from 13 to six; to lower the noise level from 75 to 73 decibels; and to reduce crowds from a maximum of 80,000 people to 50,000 on safety grounds.

John Probyn, chief operating officer of concert promoters Live Nation, said: "The sound levels allowed in Hyde Park are already lower than any other venue in the country. If they reduce it any more then artists simply will not want to play the venue."

The Mayor said: "We're very much hoping that Hyde Park will continue to be a great venue for London for the future. Obviously we need to meet the concerns of residents but Westminster will hopefully address those and Hyde Park will continue to be a great venue for London.

"I want to see Madonna in Hyde Park and so does everybody else, I hope a good solution will be reached this week."

Sources said the financing for the Olympic concert is "tied into" other events: "If the summer festivals are under threat, there is a real fear the Olympics concert could be too."

A council report, seen by the Standard, states: "Evidence has shown that continuous dance music has led to the highest number of complaints made for an event, specifically where the Chemical Brothers generated 30 complaints in one day and also in 2008 where Fatboy Slim generated 20 complaints. It is felt that continuous and repetitive nature of this music has meant it is unsuitable for this location."

A number of residents associations have urged the council to act.

"It's pretty bad," said Mike Dunn, vice-chairman of the Mayfair Residents Group. "There are two issues for us -the number of concerts and noise they're allowed to make. If you sit here with the windows open on a hot day, you can hear every word."

Councillor Glenys Roberts said: "I like to watch the men's Wimbledon final but there's always a concert on that Sunday and the noise completely drowns out the television."

Leith Penny, Westminster's strategic director for city management, said: "The reality is that the number of complaints generated has risen to quite a considerable extent in recent years. The committee will take all points of view into account."

PUBS and clubs are to be allowed to open longer to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. MPs are due to consider new legislation on Monday that will enable licensees to stay open after 11pm on June 1 and 2 without applying to councils for extensions which cost £21 each.

However, the Home Office has decided against allowing a four-day knees-up despite the following Monday and Tuesday being declared bank holidays to tie in with a free pop concert at Buckingham Palace to mark the Queen's 60-year reign. Pubs that wish to serve until 1am on the Monday and Tuesday mornings of the bank holiday will have to apply for extensions in the usual manner.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24035664-hyde-park-mega-concerts-at-risk-after-neighbours-complain-about-the-noise.do

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

They're tongue n cheek

As in ASS CHEEK?

Where SHIT comes from?

Yes, i'd say the song is very MUCH a TONGUE IN A SHIT STAINED CHEEK.

GIRLS GONE WILD !!!!!!!!! TBQH.

OMG! Another evidence shows that the Brits hate her! :(

Now they want the concert to be canceled!

You such a dumb idiot, maybe you should read the article first. Not a thing in there to suggest Brits hate her. Just go away!

You such a dumb idiot, maybe you should read the article first. Not a thing in there to suggest Brits hate her. Just go away!

Are you that dumb enough to realize this thread is not meant to be taken seriously?

Guest northernlad

Allow me to introduce you...

Mmmmm - Irony.

Irony - Mmmmm.

Why don't you two get better acquainted. I have a feeling it's going to take AGES.

I too am in the UK - this is the first Madonna single ever I've not bought... (well apart from that Britney thing).

I'm coming to the conclusion that Madonna is now just very dull. At a point in her career where she should be comfortable with her success and maybe being more risky with her output she is desperately trying to compete with the kids which results in very under par chart tripe, whilst at the same time alienating her lifelong fans.

The Graham Norton interview as a whole made me cringe - she came accross as a rude bxxch (but not in a good way).

As for her Hyde Park concert - fxxk off you greedy bxxch, if you want my money play somewhere that suits your fans not just you.

Rant over.

I am hoping that MDNA will have some good tracks and help restore my faith in her - of course I will be buying it on the day of release ;-)