UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

If everyone here who hated one single or album by her was weeded out there'd be nobody posting here! I think it's safe to say that everyone posting on a Madonna fan forum at this stage long term is a bonafide hardcore loon. Gimme a break.

:clap:

Wtf. Are you actually serious with this shit? Who the hell are you to snottily talk down and try and tell people they're no longer a fan. If everyone here who hated one single or album by her was weeded out there'd be nobody posting here! I think it's safe to say that everyone posting on a Madonna fan forum at this stage long term is a bonafide hardcore loon. Gimme a break.

:rotfl: at the irony of this post.

Wtf. Are you actually serious with this shit? Who the hell are you to snottily talk down and try and tell people they're no longer a fan. If everyone here who hated one single or album by her was weeded out there'd be nobody posting here! I think it's safe to say that everyone posting on a Madonna fan forum at this stage long term is a bonafide hardcore loon. Gimme a break.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Idk...not liking a song, album, video etc here and there and expressing it is to be expected. I don't think anybody here likes every single thing she has ever done (except maybe me :crazy: ):). But you have to admit, there are a handful of posters here who continuously find underhanded ways of expressing their dislike for just about everything she does and try to pass it off as they are huge fans and just expect more because she's Madonna, 53, 30 years of experience....whatever. It's a new era so it can be expected some may not like ANYTHING about it but the ones that haven't liked anything since COADF and are still waiting for the next ROL and anything less is bad and beneath her....sorry but those fans I DO think are just over her at this point. That's not to say they don't LOVE her past work and who knows they may loon it up on future releases. But this current incarnation is just not for them.

No need to discredit her artistry and claim she's "phoning in" simply because you don't find it appealing though.

Idk...not liking a song, album, video etc here and there and expressing it is to be expected. I don't think anybody here likes every single thing she has ever done (except maybe me :crazy: ) :) . But you have to admit, there are a handful of posters here who continuously find underhanded ways of expressing their dislike for just about everything she does and try to pass it off as they are huge fans and just expect more because she's Madonna, 53, 30 years of experience....whatever. It's a new era so it can be expected some may not like ANYTHING about it but the ones that haven't liked anything since COADF and are still waiting for the next ROL and anything less is bad and beneath her....sorry but those fans I DO think are just over her at this point. That's not to say they don't LOVE her past work and who knows they may loon it up on future releases. But this current incarnation is just not for them.

No need to discredit her artistry and claim she's "phoning in" simply because you don't find it appealing though.

There are people here who want to put me in that category but they are absolutely WRONG. Who the hell are those people saying i'm over her? They know nothing!

There are people here who want to put me in that category but they are absolutely WRONG. Who the hell are those people saying i'm over her? They know nothing!

Yeah, but I don't remember you being excessively critical of her in the past, it just seems like you're not feeling this era as much.

Yeah, but I don't remember you being excessively critical of her in the past, it just seems like you're not feeling this era as much.

I'm not really feeling ONE song. I like GMAYL better than GGW but both singles feels not strong enough to lead this album in my opinion. But that is just an opinion and it's just that, AN OPINION. I love the GMAYL video and I can't wait for MDNA! :)

I didn't want to put you in any category, it was just an observation, you know I like you :horn::inlove:

People who joined a few months ago are calling "haters" people with thousands of posts who have been members since like 2004 and Madonna fans for decades just because they don't like GMAYL or because they admit that GMAYL is a disaster commercially and they don't live in a delusional world.

To me real haters are members who say that Madonna is too old to score hits anymore and that we should be satisfied with peak positions in the 30s and 40s even in the UK. That's the real insult and hate. Obvisously they don't understand how huge Madonna still is in some parts of the world and that she can still score big no1 hits.

People who joined a few months ago are calling "haters" people with thousands of posts who have been members since like 2004 and Madonna fans for decades just because they don't like GMAYL or because they admit that GMAYL is a disaster commercially and they don't live in a delusional world.

To me real haters are members who say that Madonna is too old to score hits anymore and that we should be satisfied with peak positions in the 30s and 40s even in the UK. That's the real insult and hate. Obvisously they don't understand how huge Madonna still is in some parts of the world and that she can still score big no1 hits.

GMAYL is not a disaster as it has sold almost 400,000 copies and gone Top 10 in many different countries. Good post, though.

...So, Masterpiece is considerd a better option as a 3rd single for the UK? Maybe this will work and i've heard it alot on the radio here unlike GMAYL and GGW.

...So, Masterpiece is considerd a better option as a 3rd single for the UK? Maybe this will work and i've heard it alot on the radio here unlike GMAYL and GGW.

Cool, it's been forever since a ballad as a single! I mean, I consider "Miles Away" a ballad but realize that many don't. Makes no difference to me as we are all fans at the end of the day.

Yes, i really think its time we had a ballad as a single release from M, as much as i love all the dance records shes been doing lately..its nice to just have a nice ballad especially as beautiful as Masterpiece and i'm confident it'll do better. Lets wait n' see..

GMAYL is the biggest flop of her career. B serious, it's the lead fucking single & a very lackluster effort at that.

It is NOT received well by the general public, FACT.

Is it the end of the world? No it isn't. MDNA yay!

I Still LUV Madonna.

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new UK i-tunes update - GMAYL

#301 United Kingdom

Nicki Minaj on the Uk i-tunes

2. Starships

7. Turn Me On

95. Super Bass

255. Stupid Hoe

Even Stupid Hoe which is not even a single is in front of it!

Brand new UK i-tunes update - GMAYL

#301 United Kingdom

Nicki Minaj on the Uk i-tunes

2. Starships

7. Turn Me On

95. Super Bass

255. Stupid Hoe

Even Stupid Hoe which is not even a single is on front of it!

Jasonakos I don't understand the point of these posts anymore..

It's just a fan forum... Calm down gurl... What's the point of this entire thread anyway? But I see you've been visiting it. Do posts like that hurt you? Don't worry, we always LOVE her. Do they annoy you? Just don't pay attention.

Plus, some people said it was going to enter the top20 at the end of March so we should still keep track of the song's positions.:1251:

I agree.GMAYL flopped in the U.K...We get it.

Let's move on,shall we? This thread should be locked.

It's just a fan forum... Calm down gurl... What's the point of this entire thread anyway? But I see you've been visiting it. Do posts like that hurt you? Don't worry, we always LOVE her. Do they annoy you? Just don't pay attention.

Plus, some people said it was going to enter the top20 at the end of March so we should still keep track of the song's positions. :1251:

I'm very calm,i just don't see the point.

I agree.GMAYL flopped in the U.K...We get it.

Let's move on,shall we? This thread should be locked.

rofl..madonna fans being sensitive as ever..

Guest Xanthium

Well if you read the thread subtitle it says "Keep all negativity and drama in this thread", therefore if you can't handle that then GET THE FUCK OUT.

Guest missy bi_tch

it isn't hard to believe that not only in the UK but around the world, not so many people are going to splurge their money on an album by a 53-yo WOMAN who refuses to give in or give up. Expect this to do worse than the worldwide 4-5mil from AL. Having said that, if you are a Madonna fan, will you still buy her album, subpar or otherwise? I am getting three copies.

Plus, some people said it was going to enter the top20 at the end of March so we should still keep track of the song's positions. :1251:

Perhaps what baffles people is the appearance of all of the Nicki Minaj songs in your updates. Why do we need/want to know about these? You use them to point out how GMAYL is underperforming in the UK, but we already know that. Maybe you think they're relevant because she appears on GMAYL, too, but this is a Madonna forum, not a Nicki Minaj one :)

What if Madonna has no UK hits with MDNA and it's her lowest seller, will some of you like it less?? :sassy:

I don't really think most fans like her stuff less if it isn't commercially successful. However, I do understand people who fall in love with the album and simply want it to get the audience it deserves. Some fans (including myself) champion her commercial success just as much as her creative success. I realize some fans don't care if she never had another single chart, however I think there are people in this forum who appreciate both sides of the coin. I certainly don't think they will hate the album if it doesn't hit #1.

I don't really think most fans like her stuff less if it isn't commercially successful. However, I do understand people who fall in love with the album and simply want it to get the audience it deserves. Some fans (including myself) champion her commercial success just as much as her creative success. I realize some fans don't care if she never had another single chart, however I think there are people in this forum who appreciate both sides of the coin. I certainly don't think they will hate the album if it doesn't hit #1.

NICELY PUT! I don't know why fans like me get crucified at times when we yearn for some commercial success. We can handle it if it doesn't happen, thank you very much!

having said that... screw the UK... :lmao:

it isn't hard to believe that not only in the UK but around the world, not so many people are going to splurge their money on an album by a 53-yo WOMAN who refuses to give in or give up. Expect this to do worse than the worldwide 4-5mil from AL. Having said that, if you are a Madonna fan, will you still buy her album, subpar or otherwise? I am getting three copies.

To be honest, at this point, i'm not excepting much more than 1-2 millions worldwide. It's not the end of the world but i think it's realistic. MDNA will have the lowest sales of her whole career, there's no doubt about that. But the tour will have crazy numbers.

Like i said several times, i don't think numbers are that important anymore. What should REALLY matters is the quality of the album. And i think it's gonna be a fcking good album, way better than Hard Candy.

Don't forget she's freaking MADONNA. All the flops of the world couldn't take that away from her.

To be honest, at this point, i'm not excepting much more than 1-2 millions worldwide. It's not the end of the world but i think it's realistic. MDNA will have the lowest sales of her whole career, there's no doubt about that. But the tour will have crazy numbers.

Like i said several times, i don't think numbers are that important anymore. What should REALLY matters is the quality of the album. And i think it's gonna be a fcking good album, way better than Hard Candy.

Don't forget she's freaking MADONNA. All the flops of the world couldn't take that away from her.

I'm optimistic this will not be the lowest seller of her career to date.

I still think it will do well in the UK. Hit single or not it will still sell well first week . Springsteen had about 75k sales in the UK for number 1 last week and there is no hit song I'm aware of from him.

Remember the iTunes pre release had MDNA at number 1. Many of Madanna's fans buy CDs more than downloads. (I'm buying both deluxe and standard cd plus iTunes pre order btw) .

The artwork will stand out in shop displays and look great on the shelf too. I know a few people who were put off HC by the artwork - something they've done well here.

Radio in the UK . Still confusing yes.... But masterpiece is getting played in radio 2 and is almost a top 20 hit on radio. Not sure what's happening with Girl Gone Wild but I'd like to think commercial radio would play it here . Time will tell.

When I think back to Ray Of Light- yes different time/era, but positive buzz and word of mouth sold a lot of copies. I somewhat feel that MDNA is getting some of this positive buzz and hopefully some word of mouth will help sell more copies.

From what I've heard MDNA has some amazing potential singles. Maybe in the long term her team plan to fit some promo on while she's touring? Meaning we get some tv and interviews in July when she's here?

Wanted to post as I'm fed up of the negativity.

MDNA will be loved if it sells 1million or 10million. BUT I'd still edge my bets on it opening above 100k in the UK and selling over 600k by the end of the year, hit single pr no hit single!