UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

I'm optimistic this will not be the lowest seller of her career to date.

I still think it will do well in the UK. Hit single or not it will still sell well first week . Springsteen had about 75k sales in the UK for number 1 last week and there is no hit song I'm aware of from him.

Remember the iTunes pre release had MDNA at number 1. Many of Madanna's fans buy CDs more than downloads. (I'm buying both deluxe and standard cd plus iTunes pre order btw) .

The artwork will stand out in shop displays and look great on the shelf too. I know a few people who were put off HC by the artwork - something they've done well here.

Radio in the UK . Still confusing yes.... But masterpiece is getting played in radio 2 and is almost a top 20 hit on radio. Not sure what's happening with Girl Gone Wild but I'd like to think commercial radio would play it here . Time will tell.

When I think back to Ray Of Light- yes different time/era, but positive buzz and word of mouth sold a lot of copies. I somewhat feel that MDNA is getting some of this positive buzz and hopefully some word of mouth will help sell more copies.

From what I've heard MDNA has some amazing potential singles. Maybe in the long term her team plan to fit some promo on while she's touring? Meaning we get some tv and interviews in July when she's here?

Wanted to post as I'm fed up of the negativity.

MDNA will be loved if it sells 1million or 10million. BUT I'd still edge my bets on it opening above 100k in the UK and selling over 600k by the end of the year, hit single pr no hit single!

It will definitively have great first week sales. But i don't know if it's gonna have longevity.

Guest Xanthium

NICELY PUT! I don't know why fans like me get crucified at times when we yearn for some commercial success. We can handle it if it doesn't happen, thank you very much!

having said that... screw the UK... :lmao:

I care about her commercial success. Don't we all love the fact that Madonna is the Queen of Pop? Doesn't it give us some satisfaction knowing she does it the best? I don't think there's anything wrong whatsoever with wanting Madonna to have hit songs and hit albums. Like I've said before if you want to be known as the Queen of Pop then you need to maintain that title. Also, promotion is not just about selling your latest single and album, it's about pleasing your fans and giving them what they want: TO SEE YOU IN ACTION. I love Madonna's entire presentation each era. I love watching her interviews and seeing her perform on tv. I love the entire package and from a fan's perspective it is disappointing that she won't be doing these things. I refuse to feel guilty for wanting her to promote her record. Her interviews and tv performances have given us MANY of her most iconic and fabulous moments of her career.

Well her being QOP and doing it the best don't necessarily have to do with the charts- but the music itself. :)

I think everyone likes seeing her in interviews and perform- who wouldn't? But, I don't see why anyone should get in a tizzy over her lack of overall promo. It's par for the course for M when it comes to album releases.

Guest Xanthium

Well her being QOP and doing it the best don't necessarily have to do with the charts- but the music itself. :)

I think everyone likes seeing her in interviews and perform- who wouldn't? But, I don't see why anyone should get in a tizzy over her lack of overall promo. It's par for the course for M when it comes to album releases.

I think it's a combination of artistry and commercial success but of course I would choose artistry over commercial success any day of the week. ESPECIALLY if she kept churning out bullshit songs like GGW in a lame attempt to try and court commercial success. I would never get in a tizzy over her lack of overall promo but I would be disappointed. It's exciting to watch her and to look forward to something.

Definitively agree, that's why i said commercial success is not that important anymore at this point of her career :thumbsup:

I care about her commercial success. Don't we all love the fact that Madonna is the Queen of Pop? Doesn't it give us some satisfaction knowing she does it the best? I don't think there's anything wrong whatsoever with wanting Madonna to have hit songs and hit albums. Like I've said before if you want to be known as the Queen of Pop then you need to maintain that title. Also, promotion is not just about selling your latest single and album, it's about pleasing your fans and giving them what they want: TO SEE YOU IN ACTION. I love Madonna's entire presentation each era. I love watching her interviews and seeing her perform on tv. I love the entire package and from a fan's perspective it is disappointing that she won't be doing these things. I refuse to feel guilty for wanting her to promote her record. Her interviews and tv performances have given us MANY of her most iconic and fabulous moments of her career.

I agree and of course being Queen of Pop is about chart success. It's the fact that she's been a chart success for thirty years that she's the Queen. Artists such as PJ Harvey and Kate Bush get far more critical acclaim over a similar time period but neither of them can claim to be Queen. Mooriah and Whitney have got technically better voices and nobody would say they were the Queens of pop either.

• 1 month later...

madonna-4.jpg

Take a bow

The hype is over

This MDNA is getting older

Sales are low

Chart ranking going down

There's no one here [There's no one here, there's no one buying MDNA]

:(