UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

As reported by markm on daily basis (used to be hourly), GMAYL flopped badly in UK.

And now MDNA is currently at #131 on UK iTunes album chart.

The worst part is 2 UK concert dates are still not sold out yet.

She's a joke!

I guess the British has officially abandoned her, love don't live here anymore!

Since there's NO love left, how can they give her all the lovin'?

THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

MADONNA CAREER IN UK RIP.

Guest bluejean

I see some Madonna fans use the word irony the same way Madonna does!

:lmao:

Oh I get it, it's the JUXTAPOSITION of a positive message in a song met with a negative reaction. Very clever of Madonna

Guest bluejean

People just expect a Madonna single to be this giant thing that's better than everything else ever.

Probably because in the majority of cases it has been

Guest bluejean

Does that kind of make it an [misuse of term on Letterman]OXYMORON[/misuse of term on Letterman]? :lmao:

Maybe Madonna is trying to kill off her career so she can have her ANONYMINITY back

Guest bluejean

Yeah, every lead single (excluding You'll See) since Justify MY Love has been an incredible song. It doesn't mean this song is terrible......

You'll See was an incredible song. As were all the lead singles before JML. It was American Life that was the party pooper.

You'll See was an incredible song. As were all the lead singles before JML. It was American Life that was the party pooper.

American Life is great!

I like You'll See, but it doesn't have this "epic" feel to it. The lead singles in the 80s were great, but (excluding Like a Prayer and Everybody) weren't trend changers. I guess AL wasn't a trend changer either but it was a really forward thinking, cutting edge sounding single.

Guest bluejean

I like You'll See, but it doesn't have this "epic" feel to it.

Serious? To me its one of her most epic ballads, very dramatic. I wouldn't rate it as a classic Madonna hit lead single but it was definitely memorable. It's been covered by numerous artists too which indicates it made an impact.

American Life is not a bad track but not a strong lead single. Especially when you've got Music and Hung Up on either end.

Heads will roll at Interscope for this. The timing of the release was an atrocious fuck up. Her first single release signed to a new label.

tumblr_lyy1ksUYRB1qmyzil.gif

This has been coming for a while. She's basically pissed off too many people in the UK. The backlash probably started around the divorce.

Then there was the debacle at S&S Wembley stadium show with sound issues, ticket prices, (£160 to sit at

the back of a stadium, the late finish leaving people with transport problems. Next was the S$S O2 Arena shows when she came on late and got booed. (I was there

she got booed and it was uncomfortable). Again people left the show late. The media and general public perceive her to be old, arrogant, self obsessed and

not acting age appropriately - young boy friends, her dress sense, to much surgery, fillers etc. To be honest I don't think the

Graham Norton interview did her any favours. Many people feel she reinforced what a lot of general public think, that she is

rude and bitchy. I have read comments where people think the interview came across as awkward and her body language was terrible.

She needs to do some serious damage control if she is going to win back a lot the fans she has lost.

This has been coming for a while. She's basically pissed off too many people in the UK. The backlash probably started around the divorce.

Then there was the debacle at S&S Wembley stadium show with sound issues, ticket prices, (£160 to sit at

the back of a stadium, the late finish leaving people with transport problems. Next was the S$S O2 Arena shows when she came on late and got booed. (I was there

she got booed and it was uncomfortable). Again people left the show late. The media and general public perceive her to be old, arrogant, self obsessed and

not acting age appropriately - young boy friends, her dress sense, to much surgery, fillers etc. To be honest I don't think the

Graham Norton interview did her any favours. Many people feel she reinforced what a lot of general public think, that she is

rude and bitchy. I have read comments where people think the interview came across as awkward and her body language was terrible.

She needs to do some serious damage control if she is going to win back a lot the fans she has lost.

Utter bullshit.

Get a Life.

THE END.

Heads will roll at Interscope for this. The timing of the release was an atrocious fuck up. Her first single release signed to a new label.

tumblr_lyy1ksUYRB1qmyzil.gif

:blink:

You think you'd get a simultaneous super high profile performance, video and early iTunes release on Warners then? Maybe it could be something to do with the actual song. Just a thought.

Utter bullshit.

Really and you based that on what exactly? Its not necessarily what I think its what friends,

work colleagues and the general public who used to like her think. Why do you think she hasn't sold out Hyde Park

(50,000 capacity)? I know friends who been fans for years who say they have had enough of the way she treats

her fans and they refuse to buy her concert tickets. There is obviously something going on in the UK.

GMAYL is dropping down the charts like a brick.

Really and you based that on what exactly? Its not necessarily what I think its what friends,

work colleagues and the general public who used to like her think. Why do you think she hasn't sold out Hyde Park

(50,000 capacity)? I know friends who been fans for years who say they have had enough of the way she treats

her fans and they refuse to buy her concert tickets. There is obviously something going on in the UK.

GMAYL is dropping down the charts like a brick.

Because Hyde park is an absolutely shit venue!!! Bad access, bad catering, bad views, bad acoustics. Just shitness. For me, it's not even close to where I want to see her perform here. I'm probably going to fly over to Copenhagen.

I'm from and in the uk. I've been to every concert from BA onwards. Doesn't look like I'll be going to this one because I'm working the next day. All other shows have had a Friday or weekend date (or I've been on summer hols) Still have fingers crossed that a Friday or Saturday date is announced. Also am waiting for the physical release of GMAYL but can't find any news on that. I agree it's not a great lead single but to not make it available to buy physically is surely just sheer stupidity. It's a shame the uk aren't embracing the new M era as yet. Can't speak for everyone but I've not bought tour tickets and can't buy GMAYL. Shame!

Edited by topdog