UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

Which is funny because while I definitely think the singles for the MDNA era so far are very lackluster (I'm being civil here), I think the two first singles from Discipline are really good (Feedback, Rock With U). And I haven't liked a Janet album since 1997. I really hope Madonna isn't turning into Janet musically. One thing that I love about Madonna is that she learns from her mistakes. I hope that if GGW bombs (and I have a feeling it will) that she learns from it and comes back next time swinging. Janet seemed to be getting her footing again with the beginning singles from Discipline but unfortunately the album itself was boring and a non-event.

I don't know. Celebration wasn't very well received and Revolver is almost as if it never existed and she still invested in that kind of sound for MDNA (i'm talking about GGW!!!!).

Not that Celebration was a mistake, but she could have learned some things about the public reception: a generic production followed by a poorly made video isn't the trick (At least GGW seems to have a good video). But i give the credit for that because Celebration was just a PLUS for a greatest hits cash in.

Guest Xanthium

I don't know. Celebration wasn't very well received and Revolver is almost as if it never existed and she still invested in that kind of sound for MDNA (i'm talking about GGW!!!!).

Not that Celebration was a mistake, but she could have learned some things about the public reception: a generic production followed by a poorly made video isn't the trick (At least GGW seems to have a good video). But i give the credit for that because Celebration was just a PLUS for a greatest hits cash in.

This is true. Yeah she definitely didn't pay attention to the fact that in one section of GGW it sounds EXACTLY like the Benny Benassi remix of Celebration. I personally love the album version of Celebration and Revolver is pretty innocuous to me. I could take it or leave it. I think she probably didn't pay attention to the reception of Celebration and Revolver because they were created for a greatest hits album that is just a fulfillment for an ending contract. She didn't give a shit about that project much like she didn't give a shit about GHV2. I don't know. Maybe I'm just making excuses for her lazy ass :lol: I think the Benny Benassi remix of Celebration is ok. I feel like the album version of Celebration while using a generic 90's house beat was done well and came across to me as more as an homage to that era. It was like a really good replication. Plus I think that Celebration has a good melody and sounds really joyous. It's like the modern Spotlight IMO. GGW does not sound like a loving homage to me at all. It sounds like death.

You are wrong.

I agree with Nes, and I don't want her to fail either. But I have a feeling the album will open strong and then disappear very quickly.

I don't expect any promo from her except for a bunch of short interviews, and if we are lucky, a Letterman (where they will barely talk about the album).

I hope I am wrong, but with the kind of songs she is releasing now, I don't see it going anywhere..

you've turned into such a hater nessie :horn:

I'm not a fucking hater!!!! I love MADONNA all my life and i think about her EVERYDAY! I'm just very critical about her later years in music but i will love her FOREVER. She is my ultimate idol no matter what she does, no matter if she FARTS on her record. Ok?

I'm not a hater. I'm sorry if what say makes people angry but i won't pretent i like everything she does (and i'm not saying you people are pretending!!!). I like GMAYL as a fun pop song but i don't think it's a great choice for a lead single and as for GGW i simply don't like the sound. I think i will like TUTR though and i can't wait to hear MDNA!

Now please stop with "you are the hater" shit just because we have different opinions. A hater to begin with doesn't even like MADONNA the person. I'm no monster, lamb, or roger fucking friedman ok?!

I agree with Nes, and I don't want her to fail either. But I have a feeling the album will open strong and then disappear very quickly.

I don't expect any promo from her except for a bunch of short interviews, and if we are lucky, a Letterman (where they will barely talk about the album).

I hope I am wrong, but with the kind of songs she is releasing now, I don't see it going anywhere..

here's the next :lmao:

I'm not a fucking hater!!!! I love MADONNA all my life and i think about her EVERYDAY! I'm just very critical about her later years in music but i will love her FOREVER. She is my ultimate idol no matter what she does, no matter if she FARTS on her record. Ok?

I'm not a hater. I'm sorry if what say makes people angry but i won't pretent i like everything she does (and i'm not saying you people are pretending!!!). I like GMAYL as a fun pop song but i don't think it's a great choice for a lead single and as for GGW i simply don't like the sound. I think i will like TUTR though and i can't wait to hear MDNA!

Now please stop with "you are the hater" shit just because we have different opinions. A hater to begin with doesn't even like MADONNA the person. I'm no monster, lamb, or roger fucking friedman ok?!

Poor Nes - I hear ya! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear the full TUTR too - it sounds much more to my liking :sassy:

I'm not a hater. I'm sorry if what say makes people angry but i won't pretend i like everything she does (and i'm not saying you people are pretending!!!). I like GMAYL as a fun pop song but i don't think it's a great choice for a lead single and as for GGW i simply don't like the sound. I think i will like TUTR though and i can't wait to hear MDNA!

No offense,but do you think it's possible that maybe you're just *over* Madonna? Hey,it happens.

Hey-y-Hey-y-Hey

Hey-y-Hey-y-Hey

Like a girl gone wild

A good girld gone wild

She is MADONNA for God Sake! ;)

And write this down: GMAYL didn't hit it's UK peak yet! I saw "...the writing on the wall"

I agree w/ Ness.

See when I'm happy w/ a Madonna record I'm too busy listening to it, spinning the remixes, looking at the pics & vids, etc. When I'm disappointed I wanna hit the web and cry on the shoulders of fellow M fans. That doesn't make a hater. A downer? All right, whatever, but not a hater.

Actually I agree w/ Nes except for the farting on a record part.

I'd be online bitchin' A LOT that day.

It's ok Sloane , it happens to all of us. Madonna can't please everyone all the time. she's only human ;)

Where are you from btw? :)

That will never happen to me.

Me neither ;) I can truly say that I like every album that Madonna has done....some more than others,of course.So I'm not even worried about MDNA.I know I will find some some amazing songs on it.I feel bad for the fans who aren't liking the new singles.

Relax baby... we know you're not haters... you're just negative... try to be a little more positive and life will smile a bit more for you ;)

Just enjoy the new songs and let sales worries for her manager and her team. I'm certain they are working it out ;)

As I said when the physical single is out and the album will be a week away then she will rise up UK charts again. You just have to relax and feel the music ;)

I'm not saying these are Madonna best songs but I f*cking enjoy listening and dancing to them :D

Me neither ;) I can truly say that I like every album that Madonna has done....some more than others,of course.So I'm not even worried about MDNA.I know I will find some some amazing songs on it.I feel bad for the fans who aren't liking the new singles.

Me too call me a loon but I do appreciate all of M's releases maybe not on the same level but I do like all of them....and as sure as hell I bought all of them...

No offense,but do you think it's possible that maybe you're just *over* Madonna? Hey,it happens.

I'm definitely not over Madonna! It she decides to not release music anymore or if i don't feel her music anymore i won't ever "be over" Madonna because i love her, not only her discography but her persona too. She means more to me than only music. She is my IDOL for life!

So, if Masterpiece is released on April, does it mean that GGW won't be a single in the UK?

I'm hoping it's not because they think GGW will have left the charts by then as quick as GMAYL :(

I'm wondering if it will be a double A-side with GGW. So Radio 2 can play Masterpiece and Radio 1 can ignore GGW.

If the video version is the final version, I'm not expecting great things chartwise. The radio could quite easily have played it by now but has anybody heard it on radio yet?

UNITED KINGDOM i-tunes

Nicki Minaj Songs:

3. Starships

8. Turn Me On

82. Super Bass

101. Moment 4 Life

145. Give Me All Your Luvin'

168. Stupid Hoe

Oh god!

Maybe she is going to perform on The Voice in April and perform Masterpiece and GGW and that's why

they have given it a release date and Radio 2 have it as record of the week.

Wtf. Are you actually serious with this shit? Who the hell are you to snottily talk down and try and tell people they're no longer a fan. If everyone here who hated one single or album by her was weeded out there'd be nobody posting here! I think it's safe to say that everyone posting on a Madonna fan forum at this stage long term is a bonafide hardcore loon. Gimme a break.

Guest bluejean

I think it's safe to say that everyone posting on a Madonna fan forum at this stage long term is a bonafide hardcore loon. Gimme a break.

You would think so but amazingly its not the case.