UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

What I'm not getting is that 3 days before Sunday pre-sale release.. would it really have done much more were those 3 days included as the start in the usual time frame rather than being tied to album release?

Could it still sell and be counted further down the line when the album comes out? So many questions. :dramatic: Quite a contrast that the album was #1 everywhere months ahead of release, yet the single wasn't.

You can bet your ass Blahriah was watching this and saw how GMAYL made the top 10 in America, surprised she never had Clear Channel-esque on the hour plays before (though I know it was a top 10 fair and square, regardless of that).

UK i-tunes brand new update :dramatic:

#105 United Kingdom

The irony is:

Nicki Minaj on the UK i-tunes

7. Starships

9. Turn Me On

80. Super Bass

83. Fly

105. Give Me All Your Luvin'

M.I.A.

52. Bad Girls

105. Give Me All Your Luvin'

Thank you for some sanity! The previous posts were bordering on loon-frenzy.

Let's face it, GIVE ME A BUCKET really was just NOT that good! I've yet to meet a SINGLE PERSON in REAL LIFE to say that they actually LIKE it (let alone LOVE it.)

Agree. The dellusion of some fans claiming remixes and the physical will somehow

save the song is ridiculous. There was a lukewarm response when the demo leaked. They should have

paid attention and fixed it. When the final version was released it was hardly any different to the demo.

For a lead single this has to be her weakest effort yet. Most people I know think the song sounds like

a cross between Toni Basil and Kylie with a bit of Avril Lavigne and Miley Cyrus thrown in. I mean really

what on earth was she thinking when she churned out such rubbish. Can't believe she had the opportunity

at the Superbowl to blow her critics out the water with a huge comeback song. Instead what we got was sub par

effort with lazy lyrics, robotic voice and lame production. Epic FAIL.

gmayl is such a bad song, what was she thinking???? I, since the demo leaked, dislike the song so much, for the first time in my longtime relationship with Madonna (who said my words are creepy??) I hate the lead song... I didn't even bought it, but I have hope on GGW and I just turned the gmayl page, like it never happened... so I invite everybody who is embarassed by this lazy, corny, martin solveigish "song" to just forget about it and relax, the best is coming...

Thank you for some sanity! The previous posts were bordering on loon-frenzy.

Let's face it, GIVE ME A BUCKET really was just NOT that good! I've yet to meet a SINGLE PERSON in REAL LIFE to say that they actually LIKE it (let alone LOVE it.)

Two of my students told me the other day that they had heard it on the radio and they liked it (they're 17 year old girls). They had checked out "Masterpiece" after it won a Golden Globe, but didn't like that one at all. "This one, though, is really good!", they said.

Madonna will just to have to "settle" with a Top 10 American hit single,a soldout world tour and a new album that debuts at Number One in 40 or more countries.I don't think we need to cry for her :lol:

Madonna will just to have to "settle" with a Top 10 American hit single,a soldout world tour and a new album that debuts at Number One in 40 or more countries.I don't think we need to cry for her :lol:

Keep your album chart predictions for late March/early April.

Agree. The dellusion of some fans claiming remixes and the physical will somehow

save the song is ridiculous. There was a lukewarm response when the demo leaked. They should have

paid attention and fixed it. When the final version was released it was hardly any different to the demo.

For a lead single this has to be her weakest effort yet. Most people I know think the song sounds like

a cross between Toni Basil and Kylie with a bit of Avril Lavigne and Miley Cyrus thrown in. I mean really

what on earth was she thinking when she churned out such rubbish. Can't believe she had the opportunity

at the Superbowl to blow her critics out the water with a huge comeback song. Instead what we got was sub par

effort with lazy lyrics, robotic voice and lame production. Epic FAIL.

When Are you going to stop to repeat the same things over and over again?

Ok we got it... It flopped in the UK!

Ok - no promotion and no effort = no sales. I give you that but that is it!

Yes, because optimism is banned in this thread! BANNED!!!!!!!!!! Negativity rules!

:nocomment:

Seriously,it seems like some fans *WANT* her to flop.They seem almost gleeful that the song isn't doing well in the U.K.

I suppose we won't know how many units have been shifted and therefore what chart position she'll get until the first week of release. I've not seen a figure at all. It seems so far away until launch!

I was just listening to Graham Norton's Radio 2 show from last Saturday and he played Madonna at the start of the show. First time I've heard it on radio! He also played a rap-free radio version so I wonder if that was done by the radio station or if it is an official version.

Seriously,it seems like some fans *WANT* her to flop.They seem almost gleeful that the song isn't doing well in the U.K.

I know that's how I interpret it at this point...not so much at first, but now that it keeps getting repeated and repeated and repeated and some (not all) with a somewhat "told ya so...see she should've listened to us" kind of vibe.

I don't care if it was a TRUE worldwide flop, she should never listen to her fans to determine a lead single. I like the idea of what Stuart did with HU before it was released but as far as listening to online fan feedback....hell no. If she had done that Music and 4M are only two examples of hit songs she would've foregone on.

I LUV Give Me All Your Luvin'! You people need to chill the fuck out and put a smile on your face. It's a happy, fresh song. Is there no pleasing you??

I really like it too. Its a fun song and is a lot better than most of the shite that is in the charts at the moment.

United Kingdon GMAYL i-tunes update

#115 United Kingdom (-10)

Nicki Minaj on the UK i-tunes:

7. Starships

9. Turn Me On

78. Super Bass

80. Fly

115. Give Me All Your Luvin'

MIA on the UK i-tunes:

49. Bad Girls

115. Give Me All Your Luvin'

Keep your album chart predictions for late March/early April.

:rotfl:

Do you like consistently posting its decline on the charts or something? Weird.

Each to their own and everything but i for one honestly and truly LUV the song! Absolutely gutted that it tanked here in the UK! :( Whenever its on at Asda alll of us checkout kids get sooo excited :)

since november i've thought the song was super fun and catchy. it isn't rocket scientist for sure, it's just fun and bouncy. i for one (the only one, maybe like 3 others...) am happy as hell that it didn't change much from the demo. so i now have a rap version and a non rap version. it was a nice change after hardy candy for me. it's what i wanted. i'm glad it reached top ten and i wouldn't worry much about her uk charting success. the show is NOT over. this is NOT goodbye. just round one and i thought it was kinda fun.

i also - without spinning, or trying not to anyhow... think that knowing they want the record to last a while, the album will open big regardless (hopefully) if she opened it with tootsie roll theme song or not. fact is gmayl has given her a top ten in the usa (a good thing), and added to her chart positions pretty much world wide. so, waiting till later to drop the big guns would make great sense. (this is what my theory on it all is... so we will see).

I love the song and i love the video...

I cannot wait for the other singles, videos, promotion, album and tour.

i do not want to download anything before the releasing of teh album... apart form buying the remixes and Girls Gone Wild if released before the album....(which I think it is possible now)

i wish they will do something to get radio attention.... and really promoting the new single all over the world.

UK i-tunes GMAYL update

#125 United Kingdom.

Nicki Minaj on the UK i-tunes:

5. Starships

9. Turn Me On

77. Super Bass

88. Fly

125. Give Me All Your Luvin'

129. Moment 4 Life

182. Stupid Hoe

MIA on the UK i-tunes

43. Bad Girls

125. Give Me All Your Luvin'

251. Paper Planes

nobody is too big that doesn´t need a little bit of promotion.Of course, Adele will sell anything from her next album without moving a finger, but let´s see what happens in 20 years time.same with madonna: she needs to promote herself, and her music