MDNA WONT B PROMOTED!

acko

People here don't remember, or weren't born circa True Blue right?? ... Any promotion back then?? i remember when having a Madonna interview was a HUGE thing, and did not happen every day ... 25 years after she is there standing on TOP, This generation is so demanding. And thanks god she is doing what she wants, if you want 1000 promos for every single there are other artists out there

People here don't remember, or weren't born circa True Blue right?? ... Any promotion back then?? i remember when having a Madonna interview was a HUGE thing, and did not happen every day ... 25 years after she is there standing on TOP, This generation is so demanding. And thanks god she is doing what she wants, if you want 1000 promos for every single there are other artists out there

She didn't need any promo back then. She was new and huge. Times have changed now peoples attention span is short. No one remembers Super Bowl anymore, now its all about Whitney, Adele and Nickis Grammy performance.

and Katy Perry has new hot song that people love.

People won't forget Madonna anyway, back then it was the diva attitude, that she kept for long long time, anyways as it's been said before she is a control freak, if she cannot do it just perfect she won't do it, and the woman needs some rest as well!! I do agree on one thing, this tour it's coming too fast, but well summer is here so, you cannot fight with seasons!

she performed Like A Virgin at the MTV Awards and then Express Yourself at the MTV Awards... MTV hyped it as her first TV performance in 5 years... she did Vogue the next year, Sooner Or Later at the Oscars, and then some performances for Erotica (SNL, Arsenio) because it was a slow seller... the mid to late 90's allowed for a lot of worldwide promo because there was no touring, and every single got a video. Fans must have been bitching how lazy she was not to tour, lol.

It is true back then it was quite different. MTV and radio were quick to play anything she released. MTV was a huge tool. Back then, videos alone were huge promotion for the song and album it complimented. MTV back then would play blocks of her videos back to back...and sometimes would have weekends called MADONNATHONS, where they played her videos back to back. But yes, she didn't really do much to promote any of the singles from True Blue. However, in the summer when Papa Don't Preach and the album was shortly released, her and MTV held a contest for people to make her next video. At the same time, her video "Papa Don't Preach" was causing a stir for it's lyrical content. Anything else were headlines, regarding her marriage to Sean Penn, and "Shanghai Surprise". I remember the movie was hyped up. Unfortunately, early reviews and screenings, turned people away from seeing it. The bad press surrounding the filming made things even worse.

she performed Like A Virgin at the MTV Awards and then Express Yourself at the MTV Awards... MTV hyped it as her first TV performance in 5 years... she did Vogue the next year, Sooner Or Later at the Oscars, and then some performances for Erotica (SNL, Arsenio) because it was a slow seller... the mid to late 90's allowed for a lot of worldwide promo because there was no touring, and every single got a video. Fans must have been bitching how lazy she was not to tour, lol.

Well that's my point, she did lots of promos for the fist album and then she just became the diva that she really is, and she didn't need to go to every talk show to sell millions, and that is still the case, because want it or not, we are lots of fans (counting the ones on the closet lol)

And what about "The Bedtime Story Tour" ... i only can imagine what the forum would had been back then!! Thanks god she got bloody Golden Globe Award

I remember the fan meltdown back in 1999. I know some of you have to remember this....

Carson was interviewing her over the phone (I don't recall what for) on TRL and she PROMISED that in fall 1999 she would be touring.....well....obviously that didn't end up happening. The fans were LIVID I tell you!! She was a liar, lazy etc etc. :lol: Mind you that's back when she was promoting ROL like crazy (which btw was NOT a common thing for her up until that point) It had been 6 years since she toured at that point and mind you GS didn't hit many US cities so really it had been 9 years since a lot of people saw her on stage. Fans were questioning if she would ever really tour again.

Now we have many who are sick of her touring and want her on Ellen and AI PROMOTING PROMOTING PROMOTING! :lol:

It's just funny to see how all this stuff goes in cycles...

I like her appearances, I could care less about charts and sales and all that shit. I like when Madonna steps infront of the cameras all dolled up to give an interview or performance. I eat that shit up. Everyone does.

It's true in a way because if you compare what Gags was doing around the time Born This Way was released i.e like 20 different TV appearance per week for months, all over the world, she was pissed and stoned, having fun, not a care in the world.

Madonna has a life apart from her career and doesn't smoke drugs and drink on the job and she's busy doing the tour now anyway. Madonna is an established artist who unlike everyone else, doesn't have to die to get into the Billboard top 10 at this stage of her career.

Love you M xxoo

I like her appearances, I could care less about charts and sales and all that shit. I like when Madonna steps infront of the cameras all dolled up to give an interview or performance. I eat that shit up. Everyone does.

+1 :thumbsup:

I simply love watching her being interviewed or performing but don't care about sales and charts

I remember the fan meltdown back in 1999. I know some of you have to remember this....

Carson was interviewing her over the phone (I don't recall what for) on TRL and she PROMISED that in fall 1999 she would be touring.....well....obviously that didn't end up happening. The fans were LIVID I tell you!! She was a liar, lazy etc etc. :lol: Mind you that's back when she was promoting ROL like crazy (which btw was NOT a common thing for her up until that point) It had been 6 years since she toured at that point and mind you GS didn't hit many US cities so really it had been 9 years since a lot of people saw her on stage. Fans were questioning if she would ever really tour again.

Now we have many who are sick of her touring and want her on Ellen and AI PROMOTING PROMOTING PROMOTING! :lol:

It's just funny to see how all this stuff goes in cycles...

:lol:

I remember that back in 2004 EVERYONE was convinced that the RIT was her last tour EVER. I was convinced too and flew to London just to attend "the last Madonna show". I felt it was my last opportunity to see her live! :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

The Tour Starts in MAY. :wow:

She has 2 rehearse, bang Brahim & rejuvenate her Vadge with cleansing Kabbalah water.

Let's face it, the bitch won't have time.

5j5r.jpg

AND PLEASE DON'T START CRYING. IT'S JUST A THOUGHT.

Seldom wrong and right again.

Damn :shock:

I wonder if "other plans" means they will use album songs in the promotion of her perfume which comes out around the same time? I am not sure that will help that much, but at least it would be something.

Without a strong single at radio or something giving her exposure, this album is going to slide down the charts quickly.

the tour is the best promotion for an album couse everybody who will go to see the tour and didn t buy an album before it..he will buy album on the stadium right aways after concert. its sound addiction that she offers. and thats all.

Promotemonna has taken to promoting the project herself in the following lines of "I'm Addicted"

"M-D-N-A

M-D-N-A

M-D-N-A

M-D-N-A"

If that's not promo, what is? :wow:

Promotemonna has taken to promoting the album herself in the following lines of "I'm Addicted"

"M-D-N-A

M-D-N-A

M-D-N-A

M-D-N-A"

If that's not promo, what is? :wow:

Right. So we can close this thread now.

oprahlistens.gif

the tour is the best promotion for an album couse everybody who will go to see the tour and didn t buy an album before it..he will buy album on the stadium right aways after concert. its sound addiction that she offers. and thats all.

:confused:

What universe do you live in? Madonna's tours do not usually cause the album to rocket up the charts unless it's in a country she hasn't been to in a while. The majority of people who buy tickets already have the album (or the singles they like off of it) by the time the tour rolls out. Sticky & Sweet barely impacted the charts for Hard Candy in the UK, France or Spain when she played there.

Guest Xanthium

:confused:

What universe do you live in? Madonna's tours do not usually cause the album to rocket up the charts unless it's in a country she hasn't been to in a while. The majority of people who buy tickets already have the album (or the singles they like off of it) by the time the tour rolls out. Sticky & Sweet barely impacted the charts for Hard Candy in the UK, France or Spain when she played there.

Exactly. I don't know why people think tours sell records. If that were true then they wouldn't be attaching MDNA to tickets in the first place. Tours make shit loads of money. Yes they contribute to album sales as does everything but hit songs, radio airplay, and tv appearances/interviews/performances sell albums MUCH more than tours. People watch tv, listen to the radio and surf the internet every single minute and they are much more aware of an album than just by knowing an artist in in town for a concert. Just look at Adele, she's selling like crazy because of the recent Grammy wins/performance which was on tv, not because of any concert she put on.

Guest Xanthium

I guess the fact that people can redeem their album when they buy tix will help it sell, yes? :D

Yes thank God. Very smart of them to do that.

Exactly. I don't know why people think tours sell records. If that were true then they wouldn't be attaching MDNA to tickets in the first place. Tours make shit loads of money. Yes they contribute to album sales as does everything but hit songs, radio airplay, and tv appearances/interviews/performances sell albums MUCH more than tours. People watch tv, listen to the radio and surf the internet every single minute and they are much more aware of an album than just by knowing an artist in in town for a concert. Just look at Adele, she's selling like crazy because of the recent Grammy wins/performance which was on tv, not because of any concert she put on.

Essentially, the tour is in support of an artist's album. It's just not how it worked for Madonna since most of her tours were long after the album was released. Also, she had radio, MTV and the media always backing her. For less visible stars, the tour does help sell more records as well as merchandise.

Guest Xanthium

Essentially, the tour is in support of an artist's album. It's just not how it worked for Madonna since most of her tours were long after the album was released. Also, she had radio, MTV and the media always backing her. For less visible stars, the tour does help sell more records as well as merchandise.

Well we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out. It's gonna be difficult for her to sell records to the general public while touring without any hit songs to get people to take notice. All the loons will already have the album. I guess the tour will help sales with casual fans who see the show and like the new music.

Well we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out. It's gonna be difficult for her to sell records to the general public while touring without any hit songs to get people to take notice. All the loons will already have the album. I guess the tour will help sales with casual fans who see the show and like the new music.

Oh, don't mistake me, I agree that with Madonna, the tour won't make much of an impact on album sales. As you said, most people will already have the album. I was just pointing out in GENERAL, the tour does support an artist's album. It really doesn't apply to Madonna. I guess the best way to look at it is by thinking of local bands that don't get radio airplay or media exposure like Madonna. These band will hit the road with an album, and sell them out of their trunks (so to speak). There are a lot more high profile artists who benefit from album sales at their concerts too. No where near to what Madonna sales without a tour, but a lot of artists don't live the same luxurious lifestyle Madonna does, either.

well guy oseary said no promo tour, but also said they are still working on some cool ideas...will keep us posted

does everything with this era have to be so vague and confusing

three weeks til the album drops

well guy oseary said no promo tour, but also said they are still working on some cool ideas...will keep us posted

does everything with this era have to be so vague and confusing

three weeks til the album drops

It worries me that he says "working on" and the album is here in less than 3 weeks. Shouldn't all the promo be planned and ready by now? Anyway, maybe they will premiere GGW's video on American Idol or something (I think someone mentioned that previously). That would be good exposure for the U.S. anyway. I have no clue what they will do in Europe.

we all know the album is coming out....why is everyone so concerned about everyone else all the time?

Chill...out...and...enjoy...the...ride