MDNA WONT B PROMOTED!

acko

Well if Madonna has "graduated to a touring act" why would she hire hip video producers and spend 1.5 million on making a video?

Why is she releasing snippets of GGW video? Why has her team taken to FB? Why was her video shown on AI? Why did she do radio interviews? Despite what some may think

Madonna wants top ten singles and a no 1 album. It's in her blood, she craves success. The problem is the whole promotional stratergy has been terribly

orchestrated and totally confusing. If things were a little more co-ordinated she may have had more success. GGW is rapidly turning into a debacle. If she truly isn't bothered about chart positions then she may as well put out the cleverly edited fan made remix video of GGW and hope for the best.

They should get a whole new set of remixes ready for GGW when the video comes out and it gets played on radio. By time the video comes out the remixes we have we will have been played to death. Mess.

They should get a whole new set of remixes ready for GGW when the video comes out and it gets played on radio. By time the video comes out the remixes we have we will have been played to death. Mess.

They Dave Aude mix is fabulous. They play it on Gaydar radio a lot. Is it even being released? It's no wonder people download a lot of stuff when they

can't access it legally. I don't get why nothing about this era is coordinated properly.

They Dave Aude mix is fabulous. They play it on Gaydar radio a lot. Is it even being released? It's no wonder people download a lot of stuff when they

can't access it legally. I don't get why nothing about this era is coordinated properly.

You know I can't get into that remix. The Justin Cognito one I love though. Kids like it too. I don't understand this mess either. A video has been filmed!!!!! Everything needs to be coordinated. I wanted everything about this era to be a success because it deserved to be.

Well if Madonna has "graduated to a touring act" why would she hire hip video producers and spend 1.5 million on making a video?

Why is she releasing snippets of GGW video? Why has her team taken to FB? Why was her video shown on AI? Why did she do radio interviews? Despite what some may think

Madonna wants top ten singles and a no 1 album. It's in her blood, she craves success. The problem is the whole promotional stratergy has been terribly

orchestrated and totally confusing. If things were a little more co-ordinated she may have had more success. GGW is rapidly turning into a debacle. If she truly isn't bothered about chart positions then she may as well put out the cleverly edited fan made remix video of GGW and hope for the best.

You're right! It's just a horrible horrible mess. I mean? Why should she even bother anymore? Maybe she should just cash it all in now. Forget making anymore albums, releasing any singles... even touring. Forget the 60 second clips she's sharing. Forget posting various images, hyping up her tour. Oh and why the hell did she bother doing the Super Bowl?? What good did that do for selling tickets to her shows? What's the point anymore? After all, who the hell is going to go to her show? It's not like all her shows are sold out. It's not like she's going to gross 400 million or more on this coming tour. It's not like she's going to be the top grossing touring act EVER!! She should just pack it in. All... because she isn't going to do TV or some damn promo tour. How dare she! She's a FLOP!! Hell, Maybe down the line when she's really desperate for attention, she could headline a Vegas act? :manson:

Guest bulgar

Madonnarama can reveal more details on the MDNA project!

Madonna won’t go on a promo tour this time, but she will receive journalists from all over the world in Los Angeles for promo interviews. French channel TF1 has been invited to ensure the promo in France.

After the confirmation of the vinyl release, we can also reveal that multiple picture discs are planned for the singles!

Interscope has also prepared two different MDNA TV commercials intended for the United States. Both will be broadcasted before and after the release of Madonna’s album.

Are you excited about the new MDNA era? We are!

http://www.madonnarama.com/en/2012/03/14/more-exclusive-and-very-interesting-details-on-mdna/

:manson:

Rushed era. By the end of the tour she will be already filming another movie. :|

I was thinking about this the other day (yes I think about Madonna even when I'm not on the board). I hope this newfound directorial passion doesn't mean we have to wait 4 years for a new album EVERY time given that the cycle for moviemaking is a lot longer when you're involved in writing, directing and editing and not just acting. On the other hand, her contract was for 3 albums and 4 tours over a 10 year period so...

Madonnarama can reveal more details on the MDNA project!

Madonna won't go on a promo tour this time, but she will receive journalists from all over the world in Los Angeles for promo interviews. French channel TF1 has been invited to ensure the promo in France.

After the confirmation of the vinyl release, we can also reveal that multiple picture discs are planned for the singles!

Interscope has also prepared two different MDNA TV commercials intended for the United States. Both will be broadcasted before and after the release of Madonna's album.

Are you excited about the new MDNA era? We are!

http://www.madonnara...etails-on-mdna/

:manson:

This happens when a new album is about to be released and doing tour rehearsals at the same time. We can say ADIOS to those good promo times!

What's all this nonsense about a 3rd single?

Hello! I think a lot of you need to go to Madonnatribe and read the news page.

The GGW video premieres next week worldwide.

The GGW single goes to iTunes in Europe next week.

GGW goes to US Top 40 radio on March 27.

i cannot believe she waited an entire month to release a song to radio, the worst move ever

her contract with livenation is for ten years, so she cant take huge breaks inbetween to do movies, shes already wasted a whole bunch of time on this W.E., maybe she'll learn to do it faster next time

What her team wants is huge early promo for the lead single, one big hit and then use that success to promote the tour. After the big hit, they pretty much give up on promo. Their strategy with M (for the past decade) has been heavy promo for the lead single, then let M's name recognition sell the rest of the singles. Confessions pretty much just had HU promo. For Hard Candy only 4 minutes had promo. GMAYL started off strong, but when they saw it was under-performing, they gave up on the whole project because they knew M was not going to be available to do heavy GGW promo. M is now off in tour rehearsals, they can't do much without M herself. The MDNA era might end up becoming a VERY short era for M. The problem is that M's promo window is just a few months in the beginning of the era, then its off to tour. With such a small window they need to put all their hope in the lead single selling well, if it doesn't, they don't have time for a backup plan. At this point all M will do for the rest of the singles is shoot a video.

Guest Xanthium

What her team wants is huge early promo for the lead single, one big hit and then use that success to promote the tour. After the big hit, they pretty much give up on promo. Their strategy with M (for the past decade) has been heavy promo for the lead single, then let M's name recognition sell the rest of the singles. Confessions pretty much just had HU promo. For Hard Candy only 4 minutes had promo. GMAYL started off strong, but when they saw it was under-performing, they gave up on the whole project because they knew M was not going to be available to do heavy GGW promo. M is now off in tour rehearsals, they can't do much without M herself. The MDNA era might end up becoming a VERY short era for M. The problem is that M's promo window is just a few months in the beginning of the era, then its off to tour. With such a small window they need to put all their hope in the lead single selling well, if it doesn't, they don't have time for a backup plan. At this point all M will do for the rest of the singles is shoot a video.

Very ASTUTE.

who cares. buy the album, listen to it, enjoy it, and shut up!

:thumbsup: that's really what it's all about.Once I finally have the CD in my hands,that's all that will matter to me.

If Madonna were very concerned with doing things the way she always has why did she make the decision to shun the traditional "record deal" and go for a 360 deal with a touring company? It seems to me that they aren't as concerned with chart positions and sales as they are with simply getting people aware that she's back, she has some new music and come see her show later this year. The Super Bowl then tour tickets going on sale 2 days later supports that pretty strongly.

I completely agree with you that Madonna craves success. She just gets her fix in different ways these days. In terms of sales and number of hit singles she is the most successful female artist of all time. There is really nothing left for her to prove in that area...."there's only so much you can learn in one place." :) Best thing is, while it may be at a slower rate she's still adding to those tallies. Scoring her 38th US top ten, having the highest pre-order sales of any album in itunes history....yes even more than the album of the decade by the reductive one....softens the blow a bit I'm sure. I'm also quite certain that Madonna's thirst for success is quenched in knowing that at age 53 she can still cause her fans to go into a frenzy and throw down $400, many of which are willing to travel across the world to go see to come see her perform, selling out arenas and stadiums all over the world, breaking her own records over and over. The fact that people still care that much 30 years down the line must be thrilling for her. Ultimately, wouldn't all artists want to aspire to that in the long run? The monster hit singles and albums inevitably stop for any artist that makes it for the long haul.

I can honestly say that to an extent I think Madonna's fans care more about chart positions than she does.

Say what you will, but Madonna is the type of artist that needs hits with every new release IF SHE WANTS HER SHOWS SOLD OUT. Right now hardly any show in Europe is sold out and I think its mainly due to the fact that Europe hadnt really connected to her massively since COADF... Yes, yes 4 minutes was a hit but I am yet to see a person that really loves it, unlike HU, Sorry, GT and Jump, which are really loved. Of course the fact she toured in 2008 and 2009 probably is another reason... Yet I think that if she led the MDNA album with another single different to GMAYL, she should ve been in another position now, at least in Europe... I hope people connect to GGW more than they did to GMAYL... And dont tell me GMAYL was a hit in Europe. It wasnt. The first single off Ms album is usually N1 in over 50ty countries... Was GMAYL in 5?

The point of the above is: she should try her best to make one song from MDNA a hit... If GGW doesnt catch on she should hurry up and release another single WITH KILLER VIDEO.

If Madonna were very concerned with doing things the way she always has why did she make the decision to shun the traditional "record deal" and go for a 360 deal with a touring company? It seems to me that they aren't as concerned with chart positions and sales as they are with simply getting people aware that she's back, she has some new music and come see her show later this year. The Super Bowl then tour tickets going on sale 2 days later supports that pretty strongly.

I completely agree with you that Madonna craves success. She just gets her fix in different ways these days. In terms of sales and number of hit singles she is the most successful female artist of all time. There is really nothing left for her to prove in that area...."there's only so much you can learn in one place." :) Best thing is, while it may be at a slower rate she's still adding to those tallies. Scoring her 38th US top ten, having the highest pre-order sales of any album in itunes history....yes even more than the album of the decade by the reductive one....softens the blow a bit I'm sure. I'm also quite certain that Madonna's thirst for success is quenched in knowing that at age 53 she can still cause her fans to go into a frenzy and throw down $400, many of which are willing to travel across the world to go see to come see her perform, selling out arenas and stadiums all over the world, breaking her own records over and over. The fact that people still care that much 30 years down the line must be thrilling for her. Ultimately, wouldn't all artists want to aspire to that in the long run? The monster hit singles and albums inevitably stop for any artist that makes it for the long haul.

I can honestly say that to an extent I think Madonna's fans care more about chart positions than she does.

:clap:

which begs the question why bother making new music at all if she thinks that little of it. it certainly isnt this new music thats making people wanna buy tickets for the tour because nobody has heard it, which is a shame because the new stuff sounds incredible.

she may aswell just rely on her back catalogue and become a rolling stones type touring act if she cant be fucked to promote new music. sad but true.

Guest Xanthium

Say what you will, but Madonna is the type of artist that needs hits with every new release IF SHE WANTS HER SHOWS SOLD OUT. Right now hardly any show in Europe is sold out and I think its mainly due to the fact that Europe hadnt really connected to her massively since COADF... Yes, yes 4 minutes was a hit but I am yet to see a person that really loves it, unlike HU, Sorry, GT and Jump, which are really loved. Of course the fact she toured in 2008 and 2009 probably is another reason... Yet I think that if she led the MDNA album with another single different to GMAYL, she should ve been in another position now, at least in Europe... I hope people connect to GGW more than they did to GMAYL... And dont tell me GMAYL was a hit in Europe. It wasnt. The first single off Ms album is usually N1 in over 50ty countries... Was GMAYL in 5?

The point of the above is: she should try her best to make one song from MDNA a hit... If GGW doesnt catch on she should hurry up and release another single WITH KILLER VIDEO.

This definitely will be interesting to watch. Will Madonna sell out each concert date? If she does, is it proof that she can do so on name and reputation alone? If not, is it proof that hit songs really do affect ticket sales? Current hit songs are motivators in getting casual fans and the general public interested in going to concerts and in this situation we'll see just how much that is true, at least for Madonna.

which begs the question why bother making new music at all if she thinks that little of it. it certainly isnt this new music thats making people wanna buy tickets for the tour because nobody has heard it, which is a shame because the new stuff sounds incredible.

she may as well just rely on her back catalogue and become a rolling stones type touring act if she cant be fucked to promote new music. sad but true.

Maybe she makes new music mainly for her tours? To have fresh material and new themes to create an exciting show? My theory is that,after 30 years of doing this,she may a little tired of playing the "chart game".Many radio stations refuse to play her new singles anyway,strictly because they think she's too old.That's gotta be frustrating for her,don't you think?

Guest Xanthium

she may aswell just rely on her back catalogue and become a rolling stones type touring act if she cant be fucked to promote new music. sad but true.

Well I don't think she thinks little of her music but rather little of promotion. I guess she's over it. She obviously still cares about making good music. She wouldn't be getting such great reviews if she was phoning it in. I was worried that she was, but thank God she's not. And I genuinely think the reviews are sincere and not because of the fact that Madonna has been out of action music-wise and has been missed. Especially the UK reviews. The UK press is notoriously vicious and I think they were really pleased with what they heard.