DVD show prediction thread

Apples388

Shows like Tel Aviv and Abu Dhabi are far too early in the tour to be filmed, I'd say.

The earliest show on the list so far that can be potentially be filmed is New York. It's Yankees Stadium, which will be quite special. It will mark her first US show to be filmed since Drowned World Tour. And it will be a symbolic one as this is the first official tour now that is back living in New York. I have a feeling she'll go for this one.

I can't see her filming the Hyde Park show as she had already done the Confessions Tour. She did seem to enjoy playing Hyde Park for Live 8 so that may be a factor; but I also think it's too early in the tour.

I can see her filming Paris - Stade de France is a stunningly massive venue and of course the atmosphere will be electric as it is the 14th July. And her current boyf is French (let's not forget she did South America for S&S when Jesus was her boyf and she did London for Confessions when she was married to Guy. May mean nothing but still.)

One of the Australian shows is a definite possibility; but we'll wait till the list is out. "Can't believe this is my first show back here in 20 years!! *crowd roars*" etc.

So my final predictions for now are -

1. New York

2. Paris

3. One of the Australian shows

I think it's time for another Iti one, but it's 2 early up in he tour.

Yankee Stadium would b devine! BUT

We know Madonna likes her cut 'n paste...so it's gonna b a multiple date venue...

I got my money on Australia. :fag:

Guest Fukujima

i'd say :

Milan: it's about time Madge!! one of the wildest crowds ever!!!! it won't happen just because it's one of the first dates imo

Rio de Janerio

New York : it's the city where her career started and she still didn't record a show there :thumbsdown:

I can't see her filming a show in South America again. I agree with Suedehead's prediction. New York, Paris or one Australian show.

But she already did Australia. My guess will be USA and first prediction was NYC.

I'm going to Toronto so secretly I'm begging for that but don't think so.

Guest bluejean

Since NY is so over hyped by most of the universe I'd say it will be there. Sold out show..blah blah...

Australia would be cool but she's already done that and we know how she feels about repeating herself.

It's true but then again she did do Detroit twice so you never know.

It might feel a little strange if she does NYC on this tour, since it's not at MSG. Given her historical record-breaking runs there, it would seem fitting if that's the venue in which she might record a show in the future (if filmed in NYC).

Of course, if she's going to have Nicki do a guest appearance, I'd imagine that would be in NYC, so they'll at least have to film that. Maybe even M.I.A., too! :lol:

I'm a little nervous they may pull a BAT and RIT... just to keep demand for her tickets high. I know that the recording NEVER quite does justice to the live experience (and Madonna said as much when she indicated the live experience is not something you can download). But on the other hand, I do see people make comments from time to time about "oh, well, I'll wait for the DVD or whatever." That's justified for fans who have to travel far to catch a show, but ... Since she's just entering this Live Nation era I'm wondering if they won't attempt to reinforce the 'catch-her-while-you-can' motivation by not giving us a recording every outing. I hope I'm 100% wrong on this. It may just be me being paranoid. :lol:

In that vein, I'm thinking they won't announce any recording until later -- so that would fit with Australia shows. Last time, the South American dates were announced later, and the recording obviously took place there, so that wasn't announced right away. We'll see, I guess.

I can imagine, if we do get a DVD, there will be a half-hour documentary. Like there was for S&ST and for the Koko live gig for COADF.

• 3 weeks later...