MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest Fukujima

apart from the drama WHERE THE HELL IS MADONNA? she basically disappeared. :sneaky:

Hope for some more promo as soon as the MDNA will be released...did she say on that radio interview when the new video will be shoot???

And she also doesn't pay attention to critics.

She presumes that every critic is against her person and not her work. :confused:

Thank god this song got very good critical response. Most of the press gave it glowing review..

apart from the drama WHERE THE HELL IS MADONNA? she basically disappeared. :sneaky:

Hope for some more promo as soon as the MDNA will be released...did she say on that radio interview when the new video will be shoot???

i think she said next week.

the song did its job it promoted the superbowl, I don't think it was meant to stick around long and a 2nd single is on the way....

The Super Bowl did not need promotion from Madonna. And how does one promote an event by releasing a song and video two days before it takes place? This is her first single off her first album in almost 4 years. It was supposed to promote the album, and I suppose it did that - for about a week. I do think they always planned to have a second single come out right at the album release, so I do agree that part was obviously planned.

The problem is there nothing for us to buy! We've all got the single from the pre-sale but it doesn't count. I'd love to buy something but there is nothing yet - no remixes, no 12", no CD singles.

How did the album pre-sale work in other countries in Europe? Did the single download not count for those charts either?

She doesn't realise because she surrounds herself with yes people

and young kids. She used to be a trendsetter now she just follows. There

nothing cutting edge or fresh about GMAYL. It's sounds stale and could have

been sung by anyone. It's probably her worst lead single ever.

She needs to drop the djs and hire some decent song writers. Clearly

hiring rappers and chanting LUV isn't going down very well. Maybe if GMAYL

flops she will wake up.

There's nothing "cutting edge or fresh" about anything in pop music these days.There really is no more ground to break.Seriously,take a look at the Top 40 and tell me what songs are so unique and innovative.Sometimes,I think fans have unrealistic expectations.

This forum is so manic depressive. A week ago, everyone was on a high because of the performance, video, and song charting well and now everyone seems like they wanna off themselves and Madonna because the song is doing AMAZINGLY. Like, calm down. :lol:

I agree! Like I said a few days ago...if the Number 13 Billboard chart position is the song's peak position (and it may very well be),that's OK.That's a huge accomplishment for a 53-year old artist.With the way the music business is today,it's very likely that Madonna will never have a Number One hit single again.And guess what? The world doesn't end! She will keep doing lucrative,soldout tours and releasing albums that debut at Number One in a zillion countries.She'll have to "settle" for that kind of success.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I agree! Like I said a few days ago...if the Number 13 Billboard chart position is the song's peak position (and it may very well be),that's OK.That's a huge accomplishment for a 53-year old artist.With the way the music business is today,it's very likely that Madonna will never have a Number One hit single again.And guess what? The world doesn't end! She will keep doing lucrative,soldout tours and releasing albums that debut at Number One in a zillion countries.She'll have to "settle" for that kind of success.

Of course, agree 100%. However, had the lead single off this album not been utter shit, i'm sure with the MASSIVE hype this has gotten, it would have faired a bit better. GIVE ME A BUCKET!!!!!

Something else to think about:

While Madonna has a Top 40 hit and is gearing up for a lucrative,soldout world tour,Janet and Mariah are doing weight loss commercials :lol: We need to be happy that Madonna's career is still going strong.

Something else to think about:

While Madonna has a Top 40 hit and is gearing up for a lucrative,soldout world tour,Janet and Mariah are doing weight loss commercials :lol: We need to be happy that Madonna's career is still going strong.

There's no question that her career is amazing. This tour will make half a billion dollars. BUT, her music is kinda crappy lately. I really wish she's do a good quality, personal album again. And I know I didnt hear this album yet, but the first 4 songs we heard so far arent so great in my opinion. The lyrics are dreadful too.

There's nothing "cutting edge or fresh" about anything in pop music these days.There really is no more ground to break.Seriously,take a look at the Top 40 and tell me what songs are so unique and innovative.Sometimes,I think fans have unrealistic expectations.

But isn't that point of Madonna? To bring something different to the music scene like she did

with LAP, ROL and even to some extent COADF. The lead singles from those albums were killer.

GMAYL just sounds dull and stale in comparision. While I am sure most of us weren't expecting miracles

when we heard Orbit was on board our hopes were raised. Madonna is capable of much more than GMAYL.

The song just isn't very good.

There's no question that her career is amazing. This tour will make half a billion dollars. BUT, her music is kinda crappy lately. I really wish she's do a good quality, personal album again. And I know I didnt hear this album yet, but the first 4 songs we heard so far arent so great in my opinion. The lyrics are dreadful too.

:thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It's not, but i think it's a bit unfair to expect her to "set trends" till the day she dies. And to be fair to Give Me A Bucket, it's not like it's some Guetta re-hash lazy mess like EVERYTHING else on radio.

I prefer 4 Minutes, but that song was well and truly TIRED production wise by the time it came out and has dated faster than some of her songs from 2001.

But isn't that point of Madonna? To bring something different to the music scene like she did

with LAP, ROL and even to some extent COADF. The lead singles from those albums were killer.

GMAYL just sounds dull and stale in comparision. While I am sure most of us weren't expecting miracles

when we heard Orbit was on board our hopes were raised. Madonna is capable of much more than GMAYL.

She was fully focused on W.E and she even admitted that she had to work on both projects during the few months she had to work on the album.

I can't wait to hear it but even with Orbit on board i'm not expecting much of Madonna at this point. She is either focused on her movie career or her tour to keep the income in. The albuns are clearly not her main interest anymore.

She is 53yo and has it all. Its impressive that she still wants to play the popstar game. She could easily become a touring only act living of her past and thank god she is not, but there is no doubt that the quality is suffering.

I will enjoy her career till the end but i don't expect anything out of proportions anymore. She has lowered or expectations and that's why i'm not too annoyed by her latest lead single.

i think it's a bit unfair to expect her to "set trends" till the day she dies.

Exactly.She's been a recording artist since 1983.How many more trends can she set? How much more ground can she break?

It's not, but i think it's a bit unfair to expect her to "set trends" till the day she dies.

She can absolutely still set trends. She can find some unknown talented producer and work with him and make a kick ass album. She find some world music producer, or some underground techno producer, or dabble with all sorts of musical sounds. She can always come up with good melodies and write good lyrics if she puts effort into it. Fans always appreciate a good quality album (like Ray of Light - those were not such catchy songs yet the music was brilliant).

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Who gives a fuck if she sets trends, write a mindblowing song I say.

Agreed, i don't give a fuck about trends either, just sing good shit. A "trend" doesn't equal quality.

I think at this point I dont really care if madonna dosent release material like Ray Of Light or American Life.

Usually I listen to madonna's true blue, like a virgin, and madonna albums more than her critically acclaimed albums. Really at this point I'm not looking for pretentious music from her. GMAYL may be "terrible" by some madonnas fans standards but to me the song is fun. It's exactly what I need when I'm feeling down. I love madonnas fun poppy, cheesy music more than her deep, kaabaalahhh influenced personal music, and that's just me. And like someone else stated madonnas LIFE has been involved in w.e. she really dosent have the OVERFLOWING motivation to put out a MINDBLOWING pop album that will stand the test of time. She's 53. and also, GMAYL may be bad for MADONNA but really when you listen to everything else on the radio rn it has a distinct tone and sets itself apart. ALso, we havent even heard the album or the orbit tracks. We just have to see, but I truly feel I'll enjoy this album. I dont set expectations for madonna anymore. She's given us more than enough to be proud of.

Edited by drunkbysix

I definitely prefer GMAYL to 4mins. If GMAYL was a smash hit, i'm sure many of us wouldn't have hated it as much! All she had to do is more promo, I know you can't get bigger than Super Bowl but that means nothing in Europe!

Plus I'm still hoping Interscope has a well planned game plan, where are all the GMAYL remixes to be released etc? This doesn't seem normal at all!

Edited by smirnoff_ice

Very few songs on the charts currently have 60's surfer guitars..or 60s happy twist/pop sound. She even twisted on Super Bowl. Imagine Rihanna twisting? LOL!

Why is it so important to be groundbreaking? If I were a 53yo pop icon with kids and all the $$$, being groundbreaking would be the LAST thing that I'd want to do. What's the POINT of looking for underground producers? just for the sake of doing it? I'm sorry but M's not Gaga, who always tries sooooo hard to be different. Why don't just make a fun dance record that can support the new tour? If you want Introspedonna, just put on Ray of Light and enjoy it!