MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

looking forward to 'TUTR' for sure! 'falling free', 'i fucked up (interesting..)' and 'bday song' ( i really loved what i heard of it...) dunno how i feel about 'girls gone wild' but i haven't heard much of the song, so i dunno. if she can rock more than 1 top 40 hit off of an album in the us, the curse will be broken! so, that's what i'm watching out for. go m

Are we assuming the ballads are "I'm A Sinner," "Masterpiece," and "Falling Free," or is one of the other tracks a contender instead of "I'm A Sinner" ?

Also, of bonus tracks, is it likely that "Love Spent" or "Beautiful Killer" might be a ballad?

So interesting, who knows ...

I believe Love Spent is a ballad. I think I read it somewhere. I TRULY hope that all the William Orbit tracks are NOT ballads. I love his upbeat stuff... :/

Well, all his songs on her album aren't ballads since she did say only three songs are ballads when he's got 6 tracks penned on the album.

I can't wait to hear the album. I'm not going into it with any expectations. I'm just going to enjoy it.

I think after COADF and HC we're all DANCED OUT.

I guess she opts for dance because of her Tours. At least GMAYL is bit different "dance" with that surfer guitar and twist vibe going on..

I think after COADF and HC we're all DANCED OUT.

There's so many ways you can interpret dance though. Ray of Light has dance elements that aren't found in COADF and HC (which is more just commercial dance/disco/hip hop). I don't mind having 3 ballads but since I already have this "ugh" feeling about Martin Solveig, it's a little bit of a let-down to hear that 3 out of the 6 William Orbit tracks are ballads. Again, I'm not whining, I'm just discussing it. Since I haven't heard it, I can't really judge.

This seems to be a different approach in album making, promotion, touring etc...seems that everything is a little different this time around because of the label change and deal with LiveNation. Maybe this will become a new vision in terms of a mash-up of different producers and sounds colliding into one album, a new visual concept for the tour (which everyone's been waiting for) and as we saw (up until this point at least) some fun exciting promotion. The promotional images are great too (album cover/single/tour poster.) So I'm going to push myself and lean more towards optimisism.

Guest bluejean

I actually love "It's So Cool" as well as these two.

Me too actually, and the only reason I didn't mention it is because it wasn't a bonus track of a studio album.

Guest bluejean

I don't mind having 3 ballads but since I already have this "ugh" feeling about Martin Solveig, it's a little bit of a let-down to hear that 3 out of the 6 William Orbit tracks are ballads. Again, I'm not whining, I'm just discussing it.

You could have fooled me :lol:

I'm going to push myself and lean more towards optimisism.

Good idea. I think even though Martin Solveig isn't the most exciting producer she could have worked with its a million times better than her working with that guy who did Revolver, or Dr Luke, Max Martin and co. He's by no means cookie cutter and neither are any of the others that worked on this album. I'm sure the album will be good, those 2 other samples we heard sound great.

:tongue:

Good idea. I think even though Martin Solveig isn't the most exciting producer she could have worked with its a million times better than her working with that guy who did Revolver, or Dr Luke, Max Martin and co. He's by no means cookie cutter and neither are any of the others that worked on this album. I'm sure the album will be good, those 2 other samples we heard sound great.

Yeah I do really like the samples for the two other songs. Do you think we'll hear a longer snippet within the next month for the new single?

If the new video is going to be shot this week after all (like Madonna said), I would imagine the next single will be coming out in about a month's time. Probably a week or two before the album.

And didn't Martin Solveig say that M.I.A. and Nicki were each featured twice on the album? Since M.I.A. is obviously on Birthday Song, I wonder what song Nicki has her second feature on.

If the new video is going to be shot this week after all (like Madonna said), I would imagine the next single will be coming out in about a month's time. Probably a week or two before the album.

And didn't Martin Solveig say that M.I.A. and Nicki were each featured twice on the album? Since M.I.A. is obviously on Birthday Song, I wonder what song Nicki has her second feature on.

But the physical release and remixes for GMAYL haven't even be released. I hope they don't do a GaGa and just release everything in quick succession. It was just overkill. However, I understand that most albums don't have any longevity in them now and projects need to be supported before its too late.

They've been very very very clever with the promo shit this era, I love how they added the order the album option on Ticketmaster. Not a foot has been put wrong, as said before the antithesis of Warner. The stars are aligned and everything possible has been done for the album, the only obstacle for GMAYL is the song itself. Were this 4 Minutes, it would've been US #1 no question like it should've been last time.

Are we assuming the ballads are "I'm A Sinner," "Masterpiece," and "Falling Free," or is one of the other tracks a contender instead of "I'm A Sinner" ?

Also, of bonus tracks, is it likely that "Love Spent" or "Beautiful Killer" might be a ballad?

So interesting, who knows ...

Watch "Gang Bang" be some lush, sweeping ballad.

They've been very very very clever with the promo shit this era, I love how they added the order the album option on Ticketmaster. Not a foot has been put wrong, as said before the antithesis of Warner. The stars are aligned and everything possible has been done for the album, the only obstacle for GMAYL is the song itself. Were this 4 Minutes, it would've been US #1 no question like it should've been last time.

I totally agree with you. I wish we would've gotten a killer EPIC song as the lead single. It's the only misstep so far (in my opinion, of course).

Masterpiece being on this album is the worse.

To the person who assumed that because a song is a b-side (bonus tracks) it isn't as strong...just remember Vogue was intended as a b-side...thank God Warner Bros knew better than Madonna.

"4 Minutes" is neither killer nor epic. It's a glorified Timberlake cut with a Madonna feature. The horns are the star of the track and Madonna is completely wasted on her own single.

"Give Me All..." is infinitely better. :hurt:

"4 Minutes" is neither killer nor epic. It's a glorified Timberlake cut with a Madonna feature. The horns are the star of the track and Madonna is completely wasted on her own single.

I second that...I can't even stomach listening to 4 Minutes anymore

Actually, i would have preferred to see her working with Dr Luke than Martin Solveig to be honest. I don't like him but i'm sure even him could have come with something better than GMAYL (even if i still like the song somehow).

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/09/martin-solveig-madonna-has-succeeded-where-michael-jackson-has-failed/

Martin Solveig: Madonna has succeeded where Michael Jackson has failed

This week, Martin Solveig gave an inteview to French radio station, Europe1. He talks about his collaboration with Madonna on MDNA, his opinion of her as an icon and an artist, and calls her the “master” while Lady Gaga is her “disciple.”

Read an exclusive transcription and translation by Madonnarama…

How did you meet Madonna ?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: With a phone call. I was really impressed. It was her manager. I thought it was a joke, because my team and I prank each other a lot. I actually thought it was my Australian agent pulling a prank me.

Tell us about meeting her for the first time ?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: We actually met on Skype. I was in an airport and everything was planned to go smoothly… but obviously, I had problems with the internet connexion. So, I raised my arm like I was trying to adjust an antenna. I was completely paralyzed. She’s such an icon, a figure of music…I said a lot of nonsense in the first five minutes… I usually don’t get starstruck, but this time, I absolutely was…

How do you call her ?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: Everybody calls her M. She likes it when things go fast.

How did you direct her artistically?

MARTIN SOLVEIG : I learnt from her manager that she liked how I dared to direct her during our first recording session. When you sing and record at the same time, it’s not easy to really to get an idea of the result. That’s my job, this is what I do, I’m a writer and a producer and had to tell her “this take was right, this one wasn’t.”

Do you find her intimidating?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: Very intimidating. She’s a very strong woman and I love that about her. It took me a little time to see her as an artist and not as an icon lingering in her trailer with her Grammy’s and her million record sales…

Were you a fan? What do you think is her legacy to the world of music?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: She has left her landmark in music and fashion in every era. In the 80s, in the 90s. And she has succeeded – what I think Michael Jackson has failed to do – to still be relevant in the 2000s working with Mirwais and Stuart Price. I’m more a fan of those albums than the ones she released when she started. And THAT is impressive to me.

Do you think Lady Gaga took her crown ?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: No. I think she’s a disciple. There’s a master and a disciple. It’s very simple. We all have a role model, don’t we?

What about your single leaking last November…

MARTIN SOLVEIG: Some of her fans are very talented hackers who got into her computer, took her pictures…

I told her about that already. I couldn’t send anything sensitive to her email. It remained the first single because we had two guests M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj. Otherwise, we would have released another single.

"4 Minutes" is neither killer nor epic.

It is to me. I thought it was a great track and judging from the sales figures, about 5 million people agreed with me. :fuckoff:

:sick:

I don't hate 4 Minutes but it's right up there with Me Against The Music in terms of "PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME I AM RELEVANT I SWEAR" ... and that's evident in the music since Madonna is pretty much a footnote on her own song. It was Justin Timberlake and Timbaland's song let's face it.