MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

I'm so happy for another Madonna top 10 in Billboard Charts. :thumbsup: Even though my favorite songs of her were not no.1, all of them, I was a little bit afraid of GMAYL it would not make it on top 10 cause everybody can't wait tot write bad things in the press, including here in ROmania, that she is old and wasted and she's trying to be young and relevant.

Great news!!!

You say it's "all about quality",but it's all subjective.Some people like this song,some don't.I happen to think it's a fun,catchy tune that is serving it's purpose (promoting the SuperBowl....announcing to the world that Madonna is BACK....and re-connecting her with American radio).Considering that the song is now in the Top 10,I'd say "mission accomplished".The song is doing exactly what it needed to do.

Do you think it can top Hung Up? Hung Up peaked at #7....

Do you think it can top Hung Up? Hung Up peaked at #7....

Personally, I think this will be it's peak barring something unusual happening. It is falling on itunes and at best it's "steady" at radio I think.

It could rebound the week the album drops. Just saying. It's less likely than it was with HU because the album is coming a few weeks later than usual, but I wouldn't say this is its peak necessarily. For now? Probably. Bring on single #2, although from what I've heard I don't think I'm going to like that one much either.

It's great that she's got another top 10.. adding to her record, I think she beat Elvis anyway but there was a thing about his A and B sides charting, this puts her comfortably ahead regardless of methodology.

Now will the album make #1 on Billboard? That's a bit more important cause she's near record there, presumably behind Babs.

It could rebound the week the album drops. Just saying. It's less likely than it was with HU because the album is coming a few weeks later than usual, but I wouldn't say this is its peak necessarily. For now? Probably. Bring on single #2, although from what I've heard I don't think I'm going to like that one much either.

I hope you're right!!

And I think the album will be fine. Her singles may not do the business they once did, but she can still debut at number one just about everywhere when she drops an album. It's interesting that as album sales have dropped, Madonna is still one of the few that consistently get number one after number one album. Back when she was more of a "singles artist", her albums still sold by the bucketloads but in the US at least, especially in the 90's she always stalled at #2. There was always someone just a little ahead of her.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6539

Official Single Release Party in Houston

MadonnaTribe wants to inform its readers in the Houston area that there's great Madonna Party planned for them!

It's the official release party for the Give Me All Your Luvin' single can already planning their night to remember at the JR's Bar & Grill on February 23rd!. Be there!

official_houston.jpg

Guest bluejean

:clap:

Too think people complained about Warners. Interscope hasn't exactly gotten off to a great start.

They've done much better than Warner. This song wouldn't be getting played on US radio if Warner were involved.

I suppose its true that they could have built up more hype leading up to the release but I am almost certain this is because of W.E. It's a pity she couldn't have gotten that movie out sooner because the crossover between promoting projects isn't ideal.

They've done much better than Warner. This song wouldn't be getting played on US radio if Warner were involved.

I suppose its true that they could have built up more hype leading up to the release but I am almost certain this is because of W.E. It's a pity she couldn't have gotten that movie out sooner because the crossover between promoting projects isn't ideal.

She's OBSESSED with that fucking movie. In the latest radio interview I heard she was like ASK ME ABOUT MY MOVIE ITS GREAT AND I WANT PEOPLE TO GO SEE IT. Give it up woman, no one cares.

She's OBSESSED with that fucking movie. In the latest radio interview I heard she was like ASK ME ABOUT MY MOVIE ITS GREAT AND I WANT PEOPLE TO GO SEE IT. Give it up woman, no one cares.

Exactly :lmao: nobody gave a shit and she seemed furious that no one asked anything about W.E :lol:

I can see her frustration though. She put too much effort into it and in the end she is not having the reaction she usually has on her music career. :|

Guest groovyguy

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/fan-happy-that-madonna-plagiarised-his-song-1.980697

Fan happy that Madonna 'plagiarised' his song

Brazilian says he will not sue Madonna despite claims that she may have plagiarised his song

Brazilian musician claims that pop diva Madonna's song Give Me All Your Luvin is a copy of his track, but that he doesn't mind because he's a big fan.

Musician Joao Brasil claims the chorus of the Material Girl's new song, which she performs with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., is a rip-off of his own tune L.O.V.E. Banana, reports express.co.uk.

"I still don't understand what happened. I'm a huge fan of hers. If it's plagiarism, then even better," Brasil told Brazil's Folha da Sao Paulo newspaper.

Brasil's record company bosses and legal team are now considering whether to take court action over the allegation. However, Brasil is adamant Madonna is his heroine and he doesn't want to sue her.

"She is always at the cutting edge of music, so it's a good sign about what I do... It's in their hands, they're looking at how to proceed and what they can do. But personally I don't want to do anything. The last thing I need in my life is a fight with Madonna," he added.

Meanwhile, Madonna is giving her fans the chance to own the necklace she wears in the promo for new single Give Me All Your Luvin.

The 53-year-old donned the Swarovski Montaigne accessory in the video, and now bosses of the jewellery brand have teamed up with the pop star to offer it as a prize in an online competition, reports contactmusic.com.

Hopeful fans need to log on to their Facebook page account and connect with Madonna and Swarovski before entering their details for the raffle.

The lucky winner will be announced next month.

Guest groovyguy

Martin Solveig @msolveig

"Give me all your luvin" enters TOP10 in the Billboard Hot100 It's Madonna's 38th Top10 in the US and it's my 1st... fb.me/RtO672eu

Exactly :lmao: nobody gave a shit and she seemed furious that no one asked anything about W.E :lol:

I can see her frustration though. She put too much effort into it and in the end she is not having the reaction she usually has on her music career. :|

and she's having negative reaction towards her music as well now.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=did-madonna-copy-another-song-for-her-latest-hit&t=fb

Madonna Now Has 38 Top 10 Hits — But Did She Plagiarise For Her Latest?

This week Madonna’s lead MDNA single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” climbed up three positions to #10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart, thus marking her 38th single to place in the Top 10. Of all the artists in the chart’s history, Madge is the leader in this respect. (The Beatles and the runners up, with 34 Top 10s to their credit.) Her last single to rank in the upper tier of the Hot 100 was “4 Minutes”, which reached #3 in 2008. That’s all fine and dandy, but unfortunately for The Material Girl, there now seems to be a storm of controversy brewing over “Give Me All Your Luvin’”.

Brazilian artist Joao Brasil is claiming that Madonna’s new single contains similar elements to his song “L.O.V.E. Banana”. Below is the video for the latter. See what you think.

Joao Brasil — ”L.O.V.E. Banana”

What a classic. According to MTV UK, Brasil himself isn’t looking to tangle with Madge, but his record company may be considering legal action.

Here’s what he is reported to have said to the Brazilian newspaper Folha da Sao Pauolo:

“I still don’t understand what happened. I’m a huge fan of hers. If it’s plagiarism, then even better. She is always at the cutting edge of music, so it’s a good sign about what I do. It’s in [the record label's] hands, they’re looking at how to proceed and what they can do. But personally I don’t want to do anything. The last thing I need in my life is a fight with Madonna.”

If you ask us, the only similarity here is the female chanting “L-O-V-E”, which slightly resembles Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.’s cheerleader-esque shouting of “L-U-V, MADONNA” on the “Give Me All Your Luvin’” chorus.

One person who is taking Madonna to task over the “Luvin’” dust-up is onetime Deee-Lite singer Lady Miss Kier. Below are her thoughts on the matter, as posted on her tumblr account:

“that is the exact same hook of the song ( which is the only rememberable part of both songs ) in the same key , same delivery. oops..she did it again. she’ll probably pay them approx 500,000$ in hush money to retain writers credit or probably already did. it’s what she’s always done. she’s McDonna being herself.”

Perhaps Miss Kier is still smarting over the similarities between Deee-Lite’s World Clique single “Power Of Love” and Madonna’s Immaculate Collection single “Rescue Me”, both of which were released around the same time in late 1990 and contained the lyrical refrain “I believe in the power of love”?

Deee-Lite — ”Power Of Love”

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/fan-happy-that-madonna-plagiarised-his-song-1.980697

Fan happy that Madonna 'plagiarised' his song

Brazilian musician claims that pop diva Madonna's song Give Me All Your Luvin is a copy of his track, but that he doesn't mind because he's a big fan.

"I'm a huge fan of hers. If it's plagiarism, then even better," Brasil told Brazil's Folha da Sao Paulo newspaper.

:D

and she's having negative reaction towards her music as well now.

She always does to some extent but she always ends up selling a lot and filling stadiums.

As for her movie career, a flop movie is a flop movie. It doesn't have anything else to rely on.

"interested parties can carpool to the one theatre in the US showing it..."