Luis Camacho on Super Bowl Half-Time (hijacked by Kylie!)

IslandBreeze

I wonder what we would all say if Madonna's last tour featured mythical soldiers in gold armour, and her one before that featured cheerleaders and American football players, and chanting of her name, and then Gaga performed at the Superbowl utilising both those themes. Keyboards would SHATTER with the people venting their rage at the ripping off.

Sorry, you know how I *detest* Willie Baker, but he and Camplie should get their dues. Kylie's tours, whilst not big worldwide news, would CERTAINLY have been well known in the staging/props/events/costumes fraternity, and there's no WAY this 'B' cunt and whoever else did the creative direction on this show would not have been aware of them.

I wonder what we would all say if Madonna's last tour featured mythical soldiers in gold armour, and her one before that featured cheerleaders and American football players, and chanting of her name, and then Gaga performed at the Superbowl utilising both those themes. Keyboards would SHATTER with the people venting their rage at the ripping off.

Sorry, you know how I *detest* Willie Baker, but he and Camplie should get their dues. Kylie's tours, whilst not big worldwide news, would CERTAINLY have been well known in the staging/props/events/costumes fraternity, and there's no WAY this 'B' cunt and whoever else did the creative direction on this show would not have been aware of them.

Its a pretty broad theme tho. It doesn't take a genius to come up with an ancient Rome/Greece theme for a pop show. Madonna was gonna reference that sooner or later. Not only that, but let's face it - Kylie makes it look really cheap and faggoty. The real credit goes to whoever designed the costumes as they looked amazing on stage. Not to Willy Baker for going "omg let's get a bunch of faggots shirtless pretending to be Grecian gladiators with Kylie as a Greek queen"

*cut to Willy Baker making Kylie's costume from paper mâché and bedsheets*

Madonna is performing at the SUPERBOWL. It doesn't take a genius to see that's where she got the American football inspiration from. The Cleopatra thing is inspired by Liz Taylor and the Hollywood film. Just like most of Madonnas work it's inspired by cinematography, photography, sculpture, illustration etc. She isn't imitating William bakers shitfest gay fetishism. It disgusts me. I know you're a Kylie apologist but this is way more deluded than the illuminati obsession. The reason people like me are frustrated with Gaga is because she IS stealing from Madonna (not evidenced by an inappropriate and tenuous link) whilst out and out denying so. Kylies work means NOTHING. She's a blow up doll who sings mindless songs and caters to perverted gay men and tragic fagg hags. Why would Madonna, a person with a great wealth of intelligence and creativity even begin to consider that nothings work? Time to face reality and move on.

Its a pretty broad theme tho. It doesn't take a genius to come up with an ancient Rome/Greece theme for a pop show. Madonna was gonna reference that sooner or later. Not only that, but let's face it - Kylie makes it look really cheap and faggoty. The real credit goes to whoever designed the costumes as they looked amazing on stage. Not to Willy Baker for going "omg let's get a bunch of faggots shirtless pretending to be Grecian gladiators with Kylie as a Greek queen"

*cut to Willy Baker making Kylie's costume from paper mâché and bedsheets*

But Madonna's whole schtick WAS tacky and faggoty -gloriously so. It was men in pants with gold helmets with bits of leopard print on them. And Kylie's uniforms if anything look more expensive -and probably were, because there were fewer of them and they had to stand up to a long tour.

What we're essentially saying is Madonna did it better, not first. Which is fine and no doubt true, but no-one on this forum that I can see except me and the usual Kylie suspects have acknowledged that this is a rip. Everyone just needs to come down off their high horse and admit that these artists stylists all steal from each other -and it will come especially hard to those who have been loudly crowing about how uninfluential and inconsequential Kylie is over the last month or so.

Madonna is performing at the SUPERBOWL. It doesn't take a genius to see that's where she got the American football inspiration from. The Cleopatra thing is inspired by Liz Taylor and the Hollywood film. Just like most of Madonnas work it's inspired by cinematography, photography, sculpture, illustration etc. She isn't imitating William bakers shitfest gay fetishism. It disgusts me. I know you're a Kylie apologist but this is way more deluded than the illuminati obsession. The reason people like me are frustrated with Gaga is because she IS stealing from Madonna (not evidenced by an inappropriate and tenuous link) whilst out and out denying so. Kylies work means NOTHING. She's a blow up doll who sings mindless songs and caters to perverted gay men and tragic fagg hags. Why would Madonna, a person with a great wealth of intelligence and creativity even begin to consider that nothings work? Time to face reality and move on.

Though I don't have nearly as negative opinion of Kylie as you do (she's a cute, harmless thing), I agree with every word here. Hell hath frozen ova!

And yes, I also agree that it's a bit of a stretch to say that Madonna and her handlers sought out to one-up Kylie. They thought of a theme and went with it, the real work came into making it look amazing, and I've seen clips of Kylie's tour- the high kix, mincing, and silliness is in high gear, on top of that add some really ugly visuals and it's just a joke to male any comparison tbqh

What an utterly irrelevant rant. As usual, full of your own value judgements; as usual transplanting your own mind into Madonna's; as usual groaning with your own assumptions and suppositions, and with a tenuous grip on reality. Yawn.

But Madonna's whole schtick WAS tacky and faggoty -gloriously so. It was men in pants with gold helmets with bits of leopard print on them. And Kylie's uniforms if anything look more expensive -and probably were, because there were fewer of them and they had to stand up to a long tour.

What we're essentially saying is Madonna did it better, not first. Which is fine and no doubt true, but no-one on this forum that I can see except me and the usual Kylie suspects have acknowledged that this is a rip. Everyone just needs to come down off their high horse and admit that these artists stylists all steal from each other -and it will come especially hard to those who have been loudly crowing about how uninfluential and inconsequential Kylie is over the last month or so.

I see what you're saying Lucky, I really do, but the costumes look nothing alike to me and the entire VIBE is just so starkly different I can't see how it's a ripoff. It's like calling Britney a Madonna ripper offer for using a Circus theme for her show when Madonna did it in 1993 for Girlie, and we both know that's not the case.

Oh and to build on GU's point- it was reported by someone (can't remember who, maybe Jamie Queen?) that Madonna was gonna wear some of Liz Taylor's jewelry for the show, but decided against it becuz it was too heavy. So neither she or her team were thinking Kylie for that show, and if they were, we would have gotten something much uglier.

Though I don't have nearly as negative opinion of Kylie as you do (she's a cute, harmless thing), I agree with every word here. Hell hath frozen ova!

And yes, I also agree that it's a bit of a stretch to say that Madonna and her handlers sought out to one-up Kylie. They thought of a theme and went with it, the real work came into making it look amazing, and I've seen clips of Kylie's tour- the high kix, mincing, and silliness is in high gear, on top of that add some really ugly visuals and it's just a joke to male any comparison tbqh

AGAIN with putting words in my mouth. Where did I say they wanted to 'one up' Kylie?? :wacko: The two performances were entirely different, one was for maximum impact for a one off 15 minutes watched by a massive TV audience, one was also for maximum impact, but as part of a touring show with all the limitations/benefits that entailed. I don't even LIKE Kylie's naffrodite theme, I hated it at the time, and said so. I'm just not deluded enough/too proud to deny the obvious. Stylists and creative directors of a certain league are aware of each others work. This 'B' would not have been doing her job properly if she weren't aware of all the big theatrical style tours that were going on at the time. Again, you're saying Madonna did it so much better, again, fine I'm sure you're right, but that's not the issue.

Oh and to build on GU's point- it was reported by someone (can't remember who, maybe Jamie Queen?) that Madonna was gonna wear some of Liz Taylor's jewelry for the show, but decided against it becuz it was too heavy. So neither she or her team were thinking Kylie for that show, and if they were, we would have gotten something much uglier.

You think the theme didn't originate with Kylie because they thought about wearing some of Liz's earrings. :|

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

AGAIN with putting words in my mouth. Where did I say they wanted to 'one up' Kylie?? :wacko: The two performances were entirely different, one was for maximum impact for a one off 15 minutes watched by a massive TV audience, one was also for maximum impact, but as part of a touring show with all the limitations/benefits that entailed. I don't even LIKE Kylie's naffrodite theme, I hated it at the time, and said so. I'm just not deluded enough/too proud to deny the obvious. Stylists and creative directors of a certain league are aware of each others work. This 'B' would not have been doing her job properly if she weren't aware of all the big theatrical style tours that were going on at the time. Again, you're saying Madonna did it so much better, again, fine I'm sure you're right, but that's not the issue.

I think we got it the first 60 times you addressed it.

We think the Kylie inspirations are USLESS. You don't. Fine, can we move the fuck on now, Jesus Fuck.

You think the theme didn't originate with Kylie because they thought about wearing some of Liz's earrings. :|

Well Lucky, you're the one saying that they ripped off Kylie, and then going back and saying "but they weren't trying to one up her!!" so what is it? Ripping someone off is a negative implication. It implies laziness and a lack of imagination and talent. So if they weren't trying to one up Kylie by ripping her show, what were they trying to accomplish? You're so adamant about this being Kylie's "thing" but really, what's so awesomely important about who did this very predictable theme first? Are you prepared to say that Britknee ripped off Madonna for Circus too? I mean did Kylie rip off Daft Punk becuz she used robots in a few of her videos? :|

What an utterly irrelevant rant. As usual, full of your own value judgements; as usual transplanting your own mind into Madonna's; as usual groaning with your own assumptions and suppositions, and with a tenuous grip on reality. Yawn.

Oh my god. Just admit you are wrong. Have you ever even seen the film in question? Madonna is a big fan of Liz Taylors as has been reported by her many times. I'm not going purely by my own assumption. It's by acquired KNOWLEDGE. You are somehow confusing a Grecian godess (I'm writing a long form narrative on Greek mythology by the way) with the romanticised Hollywood version of Anthony and cleopatra. I don't see how considering they are different time periods entirely. Different aesthetics, different stories and if you think Kylies costumiery is more expensive looking then I question your taste. I don't hate Kylie Minogue but I like music for the expression. Kylie caters to perverted gay men. She isn't living out her own fantasies and expressing her own opinions. Gay men like dolly women dressed like Vegas showgirls and buff semi naked men. Madonnas act is subversive because she shows off her ugly, athletic body. I don't understand how I'm in Madonnas mind and you're not (while claiming to know she's copying Kylie minogue). Oh and I'm bored of you suggesting I have no grip on reality. I mean, you're so desperate to escape reality that you bombard your mind with ill thought out assumptions and dead end theories. So many holes in the things you say which would be fine if you weren't being so up your own arse recently.