Madonna World Tour Schedule

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/2012-world-tour-to-stop-at-nycs-madison-square-garden

2012 World Tour To Stop At NYC's Madison Square Garden

We are happy to announce that a show at New York's Madison Square Garden has just been added to Madonna's 2012 World Tour schedule and will take place on November 12!

Tickets to this newly added show will go on sale at 10am local time on March 30, while a devoted fan club pre-sale will start March 26 at Noon local time for Legacy members/1pm for Live Pass members.

This mean the second at Yankee Stadium already sold out?

Latin America dates to be announced next week after the album release on her site. And the sales will start right after.

Porto Alegre, Brazil 9 december confirmmed by stadium organizers.

Guest boytoyville

nope....tickets still available......even on the floor..............:-(

Actually there was only some grandstand tickets left for a couple weeks and they just added some additional floor seating. FYI, it's basically sold out. Both stadium dates.

Someone at MTRIBE posted this...

Lollapalooza wrote:

The promoter of the Moscow show cut the price of GC tix by 1/3 today, from RUB 15,000 (€390/$510) down to RUB 10,000 (€260/$340)... That probably means that it doesn't sell well. I mean, GC still available after three weeks is a shocker, isn't it?

:shock:

I am guessing this might be why that rumored Kiev date wasn't added yet.

Someone at MTRIBE posted this...

Lollapalooza wrote:

The promoter of the Moscow show cut the price of GC tix by 1/3 today, from RUB 15,000 (€390/$510) down to RUB 10,000 (€260/$340)... That probably means that it doesn't sell well. I mean, GC still available after three weeks is a shocker, isn't it?

:shock:

Yeah apparently the ticket prices were ridiculously high. I guess there is a limit to what people will pay.

Guest northernlad

I'd imagine that has more to do with the fact that it's UKRAINE. They're the most isolated country in Europe (possibly excepting Belarus) and this is the first time a major tour is going there, let alone for a stadium gig. It probably takes a lot more work to make a show happen in that kind of environment (see nearly all of her previous Eastern Europe shows taking forever to be announced in previous tours).

Guest northernlad

Maybe we will still get that one too!

WE can only hope. I know it's thrilling for US ALL when Madonna adds gigs thousands of miles away that we'll never see.

Guest boytoyville

WE can only hope. I know it's thrilling for US ALL when Madonna adds gigs thousands of miles away that we'll never see.

I guess I am just not as self centered as some. I actually enjoy when others in the Madonna community get to see Madonna perform. I also like to watch some of the performances from locations on the tour on youtube as Madonna might have a special speech or do something unique for that particular concert. No need to be rude.

I'd imagine that has more to do with the fact that it's UKRAINE. They're the most isolated country in Europe (possibly excepting Belarus) and this is the first time a major tour is going there, let alone for a stadium gig. It probably takes a lot more work to make a show happen in that kind of environment (see nearly all of her previous Eastern Europe shows taking forever to be announced in previous tours).

Paul McCartney played to 350,000 people there in 2008. :confused:

Guest northernlad

That was a free show not part of his tour. Wasn't it some billionaire that paid to bring him there and someone else (Springsteen?) to open the doors for Ukraine? I guess it's paying off 5 years later. :D

They're not that isolated and it's not that hard to get things done there (compared to other CEE countries) I know that because I have implemented projects there. It's not the first major tour going there either even Britney played Kiev :confused:

Glad the Moscow prices were cut. Just because there are plenty of billionaires living there doesn't mean you can just charge whatever you want. I mean €500 for a GC ticket is a little OTT, they're usually around €150

Members at MTRIBE say that tickets for the first Tel Aviv show are still available in all categories. I am not sure what is going on. Kind of a disappointing opening show, if you ask me. She should've just kicked it off in Dubai.

The first show was close to sold out after the first day. There are only very few tickets left. The second show is now close to being sold out too.

The 2009 shows were both sold out with 50,000 on each night. There won't be a problem here.

Guest groovyguy

Debi Mazar ‏ @debimazar

Here come the calls and emails..'hey long time no talk!blah blah...can u get me Madonna tkts?'..the answer is no..so sorry.

I am no touring expert, but I don't know why she hasn't put more of an emphasis on Australia or East Asia? Maybe that is coming in 2013.

Of course. She's doing almost the same number of shows she did for S&S in total just in Europe and North America. This tour is massive :clap:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/news/madonna-reveals-mdna-tour-details-in-facebook-1006567552.story#/news/madonna-reveals-mdna-tour-details-in-facebook-1006567552.story

Madonna Reveals 'MDNA' Tour Details in Facebook Chat

by Aaron Couch, THR | March 24, 2012 11:55 EDT

Madonna chatted with Jimmy Fallon Saturday evening, but it wasn't on the set of NBC's "Late Night." The pop star was interviewed during a live stream on her Facebook page to take questions from fans and to promote her 12th studio album, "MDNA." The album will be released Monday.

In a strategy that has been praised for avoiding overexposure, Madonna has been noticeably absent from the talk show and magazine circuit, and has instead been promoting new songs and behind-the-scenes videos online. According to Fallon, the Facebook stream would be her only promotional interview ahead of the album's release.

"What if it doesn't work out?" Fallon joked of the interview. "You're Madonna. But did you think about my career?"

After getting some dance instruction, Fallon turned to Madonna's upcoming tour, asking if fans would see elements from her bombastic Super Bowl halftime show.

"I don't want to repeat myself. I did that already," Madonna said.

Madonna wouldn't reveal which songs would be performed during the MDNA tour, but did say she likes her shows to be divided into acts. The first act of the upcoming tour will be titled "Transgression."

"I like to have a theme for my show and create a dramatic arc," Madonna said. "Then I try to make the songs fit within that arc."

On why she chose M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj as collaborators for the album, Madonna said: "Because they're badass bitches. They're both smart, clever. They have strength. They don't just play on their sexuality."

The 53-year-old pop icon also told Fallon rehearsals for the tour have been "violent."

"I'm covered in bruises right now," Madonna said

Madonna kicks off her tour in Israel May 29, with U.S. dates following in August.

Guest MDNANY

For three days I went to madonna.com to get the live pass to buy tickets tomorrow and I never saw it posted.

Did anyone get it?

The first show was close to sold out after the first day. There are only very few tickets left. The second show is now close to being sold out too.

That's weird because MTRIBERs were saying that the first show had plenty of tickets available in every category a few days ago, then all of the sudden they pulled the ticket sale date off and said it was sold out. Then they announced the May 31 show. Just seems weird that if it did sell out (and took this long), there wasn't a second show for Istanbul (which sold out in a matter of days, not weeks).

Oh well, as long as it is reported as a sell out who cares I guess.

Guest groovyguy

UPDATE – 26 March 2012 – #1

A lot of rumours the past couple of weeks, but it’s finally official!

Madonna will perform at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham on July 19th.

Ticket prices range from £55.00 to £175.00 and will go on sale from 9am this Friday, March 30th.

UPDATE – 26 March 2012 – #2

After Birgmingham, another date has been added to the European leg of the Madonna World Tour. Melnitsa just confirmed Madonna will perform on August 4th at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev.

Tickets prices ranging from 450 to 2500 UAH and will go on sale this Friday, March 30th.

Guest groovyguy

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/697-lmfao-to-open-madonna-shows-inlondon-and-nice.html

LMFAO to open Madonna shows inLondon and Nice!

LMFAO will open Madonna shows in London (Hyde Park, July 17) and Nice (Stade Charles Herman, 21 August), Live Nation France announced today.

Therefore, LMFAO's show in Wien planned for July 17 is deleted and replaced with London's Hyde Park.

Confirmed by Universal Music: Madonna will be performing for the very first time in Colombia! November 29th! I'm gonna EXPLODE :wow:

I'm happy for you :thumbsup:

This tour is likely to surpass U2's 360 as the highest-grossing tour ever or at least it's sure bound to move up 2 slots on the current list and become the second highest-grossing tour ever and cementing its highest-grossing tour for a solo artist status

Wikipedia Highest-grossing tours

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/697-lmfao-to-open-madonna-shows-inlondon-and-nice.html

LMFAO to open Madonna shows inLondon and Nice!

LMFAO will open Madonna shows in London (Hyde Park, July 17) and Nice (Stade Charles Herman, 21 August), Live Nation France announced today.

Oh. :square:

With the latest additions of MSG, Birmingham and Kiev so far the tour has an itinerary of 76 dates just Europe and

North America. S&S 2008/2009 had 85 dates in total. She still has to add Australasia and South America

At some point there were rumours about South Africa too. MASSIVE TOUR :bow: