Madonna World Tour Schedule

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/171102/9

Details Revealed For 'Madonna: Just Like A Prayer At London's One Mayfair' Concert Hospitality Event

madonna_like_a_prayer_js_070312.jpg

Details have been revealed about an exclusive official 'Like A Prayer' Madonna pre-party which will take place at One Mayfair, one of London’s most beautiful and historic venues. However, don't expect tickets for the event to be cheap, the full hospitality package has a price-tag of £790.00 + VAT!

The Grade I listed One Mayfair, which has been lovingly restored to its former glory, will be dressed in homage to Madonna’s iconic 'Like A Prayer' music video, to set the scene for a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Party-goers will be presented with a champagne reception on arrival at One Mayfair as well as a gourmet three course lunch including complimentary bar (excludes champagne). A club DJ will be present and you will receive a commemorative tour laminate too. A dedicated team of event staff and hostesses will be in attendance throughout the party and you have the added bones of receiving an exclusive tour gift!

(Please note that the pre-show hospitality event at One Mayfair takes place in a deconsecrated church. If you have any questions regarding the content of the event, please contact Customer Services representative. The Platinum package at One Mayfair will begin about 2.00pm and run until approximately 5.00pm (*Complimentary bar runs for 3 hours.) It is a 5 minute walk from One Mayfair to Hyde Park (2 short blocks), then another 5-10 minute walk to the VIP entrance in Hyde Park.)

Your £790.00 also includes a general admittance ticket to see Madonna live in London’s Hyde Park as well as reserved grandstand seating. You will have access to a private entrance to the concert site and a VIP garden with undercover facilities and garden seating. The VIP garden also features a resident DJ and luxury private restrooms. Please Click Here for further details.

Madonna has confirmed three huge shows for the UK and Ireland in July. The star will play London's Hyde Park on Tuesday 17th July, followed by a Scottish show at Edinburgh's Murrayfield Stadium on Saturday 21st July. Madonna will then head over to Ireland for a show at Dublin's Aviva Stadium on Tuesday 24th July.

Madonna's new album 'MDNA' is set for release on 26th March.

Madonna UK & Ireland Tour Dates are as follows:

Tue July 17th 2012 - Hyde Park, London

Sat July 21st 2012 - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh

Tue July 24th 2012 - Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Guest groovyguy

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2012/03/06/madonna-tickets-disappear-quickly.html

Madonna tickets disappear quickly, indicate nationwide draw to Kansas City

Madonna.jpg?v=1

Tickets for Madonna’s Oct. 30 concert in Kansas City sold out in 12 minutes

The Material Girl is coming to Kansas City, but those who didn’t jump to buy tickets when they went on sale at 10 a.m. Monday will have to get their Madonna fix on YouTube.

Tickets for Madonna’s Oct. 30 concert at Sprint Center sold out in 12 minutes, said Shani Tate, the arena’s vice president of marketing, communications and ticket sales. That’s more than 14,000 tickets, ranging in price (before fees) from $45 for the cheapest seats to $355 for floor seats.

“We are happy that our fans have really proven a point,” Tate said. “She is a once-in-a-lifetime icon performer.”

This will be Madonna’s first stop in Missouri, but Sprint Center has a reputation among performers for having a great energy, Tate said. Sprint Center opened the door for huge performers in Kansas City when it debuted in late 2007.

Madonna joins other iconic Sprint Center performers, including Garth Brooks, Elton John and George Strait. Tate said she expects fans to travel to Kansas City from throughout the country for the concert. The Madonna tour’s next-closest stop is St. Louis, not other regional cities such as Wichita, Kan., and Omaha, Neb.

“We have people coming from all corners of the United States,” she said. “There are several cities that don’t have her (scheduled during her tour). Fans travel across the country to follow her. We think it’s going to be amazing.”

Latecomers still could have a shot at tickets if a credit card payment gets rejected and those tickets go back up for sale.

Philip Strnad, general manager of Downtown’s Hilton President Kansas City , 1329 Baltimore Ave., said such concerts cause a marked spike in occupancy at the hotel — and Tuesday nights already are busy with corporate travelers.

Guest jamesshot

Agree 100% I just like the quality of her voice. It's so authentic. If I wanted to hear perfect pitch I would go see Barbara or Adele. Being good technically isn't "good" to me.

And they wouldnt' have perfect pitch if they did what Madonna does on stage. It is easy to throw darts at her tour vocals but taking into consideration all she does, she does a great job. Barbara and Adele probably spend 100x more on vocal prep than Madonna does cuz it is all they do. Even when Madonna stands still for a song or two she is still not in full breathe. Her constant moving severely limits her lung capacity on tour.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=260889

PM may delay Iran strike so Sara can see Madonna

ShowImage.ashx?ID=188305

Sara Netanyahu's infatuation with Madonna is likely to push back any Israeli pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear sites, sources inside the Prime Minister's Office revealed Wednesday.

With the American superstar, the Red Hot Chili Peppers – and possibly even Guns N'Roses – coming to perform here over the next few months, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is struggling to find the right date this summer to strike Iran "Bibi, and especially Sara, love those acts and do not want to miss the chance of seeing them play in Israel," said the source, adding that Sara Netanyahu's favorite singer is Madonna, and that since the two "divas" met-up last time the Material Girl was in town, they have become fast Facebook buddies.

"They are very good friends, poking each other all the time and sharing each others posts. Madonna even lent Mrs. Netanyahu a pointed bustier and a pair of thigh-high latex boots last time they met in London," said the source, who is close to the prime minister and his family.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister's Office confirmed Netanyahu's summer dilemma, adding that the PM himself has become a big fan of social-media forum Facebook in recent months ever since the round of satirical "Dugri" images of himself had gone viral.

"The prime minister especially takes note of activist groups on Facebook asking him for things," said the spokesman, referring to a recent Facebook group that called on Netanyahu to hold off Israel's preemptive strike on Iran until after Madonna had performed on May 31.

Despite his new-found affection for social media, some activists are growing increasingly frustrated that the prime minister has totally ignored the so-called social protests over the high cost of living in Israel, which gained momentum here last summer thanks to social-media networks.

"He has yet to reduce the cost of living here, and did not really respond to our online protest about the high price of orthopedic walking shoes," said Dudu Cohen, who founded "Walk in My Shoes," a Facebook group expressing anger over the high price of such shoes in Israel.

Prof. Yehiel P. Abramovitch, an expert in the history of social protests, said it was unlikely that the government would reduce the cost of orthopedic shoes, but theorized the prime minister may strike Iran as a way to distract attention away from economic hardships here.

"The prime minister is in a difficult situation," he said. "On the one hand he loves Madonna and Guns N' Roses; on the other hand, he does not want a repeat of last summer where hundreds of thousands of people were calling for him to 'go home' as they protested through the streets."

Abramovitch concluded that Bibi might not have a choice but to attack Iran.

"It's easier than forming a valuable economic policy that will actually allow the majority of Israel's public not to have to take out a bank loan in order to pay for Madonna tickets," he concluded.

Guest groovyguy

Looking at the pre sale again for hyde park, there are some new & very expensive packages that have appeared along with a link to this site map....

402755_10150558859347886_569422885_9241205_1735493600_n.jpg

Guest northernlad

With Zagreb (predictably) cancelled, I wonder if they'll replace it with anything? A second Turkey show, that Hamburg gig finally?

With Zagreb (predictably) cancelled, I wonder if they'll replace it with anything? A second Turkey show, that Hamburg gig finally?

I think a second Istanbul concert is more likely than Hamburg. Germany is saturated right now with the addition of Cologne (although Berlin seems to have sold very well).

I am not implying the tour is a flop or anything as it will be a huge success even if a few more dates cancel, however I am a little surprised that she is selling so slowly in some European markets. Sticky and Sweet did multiple sell-out shows in the Balkan region in 2008-2009. Is the economy that poor there? Maybe she overtoured Europe last time.

I really don't know why she didn't kick this off in Australia or New Zealand. Those shows would've gone in minutes. I don't even think Tel Aviv is sold out yet and no second date added right now. Weird.

I think a second Istanbul concert is more likely than Hamburg. Germany is saturated right now with the addition of Cologne (although Berlin seems to have sold very well).

I am not implying the tour is a flop or anything as it will be a huge success even if a few more dates cancel, however I am a little surprised that she is selling so slowly in some European markets. Sticky and Sweet did multiple sell-out shows in the Balkan region in 2008-2009. Is the economy that poor there? Maybe she overtoured Europe last time.

I really don't know why she didn't kick this off in Australia or New Zealand. Those shows would've gone in minutes. I don't even think Tel Aviv is sold out yet and no second date added right now. Weird.

The economy is affecting sales in Europe - everything is bloody expensive. Food, utilities, petrol, clothing, travel, hotels - everything! People are hurting financially right now and some

people feel they cannot justify her high ticket prices to stand or sit at the back in a stadium. I wonder if they will take this in to account when the price tickets for

Australia and New Zealand. She should have done mainly arenas in Europe with maybe a few stadiums in countries where she has never played. I think a lot of people in Europe

would love to see her live they just can't afford it.

Guest northernlad

with maybe a few stadiums in countries where she has never played.

There aren't any left. :lol:

She'll clearly earn a ton of money from Europe, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was her last major stadium tour for a few years, and fans will enjoy a return to mostly arenas (save Asia).

1. She went all over Europe with Sticky And Sweet so an everyday person won't spend money again.

2. We don't have a hit this time. Playing stadiums without a hit can be very risky.

3. Stadiums and open areas like parks etc can be exciting and fun with a lot of energy but inevitably many people leave disappointed. Sticky and Sweet was not the best experience for many people. Not because the concert was bad. The concert might be perfect but it's inevitable. Pop concerts in stadiums can be a very disappointing experience for part of the crowd. In an arena even if you have the worst seat you can enjoy the concert! European fans are very jealous of American fans. When you see a Madonna concert in an arena you feel like it's the best concert you've ever seen in your life and you are willing to pay again a few years later!

Guest boytoyville

Americans have responded very well to Madonna Stadium dates. They have all done well financially and have been reviewed well. Last time she played Staiums in Los Angles, Houston, San Diego, Miami etc....and guess what no stadium drama like I hear all the time on this forum. Madonna puts on great shows and this will be her best tour financially. With many months to promote the tour I am sure Zagreb was a logistical concern.

European fans are very jealous of American fans. When you see a Madonna concert in an arena you feel like it's the best concert you've ever seen in your life and you are willing to pay again a few years later!

Speak for urself traitor :lol:

I predicted it before the date was announced. The reviews weren't just BAD. It was a national tragedy and a major news item.

Which really is exactly what has happened in London, unfortunately. The Wembley Stadium S&S (first leg) show was an absolute disaster. I didn't go to the show but it was all over the press; and my friends who had been all said it was absolutely awful.

It's a shame though that the 2nd leg O2 Arena shows didn't really do much in terms of damage control (and those shows were fantastic - I went to one of them and took my sister). She loved it.

Let's face it, the entire GMAYL/Superbowl exercise was engineered for her to become a major stadium player in the USA. She will always be able to win back the Continental Europeans & Brits with a more Euro-centric album next time around... but I think the initial promo of this era has so far been squarely focused at America. Whether or not the next promo will shift focus to Europe will remain to be seen..

Then U2, Depeche Mode, The Rolling Stones and many others have a problem.

The stones are expected to play, always, old classics.U2, I´m sure they realized that they need a hit from their next album.

and I agree with some of you, a pop show like this is made for an arena, not for an stadium!! i was disappointed when I saw her in Paris with S&S, ok, thanks to her greedy people she came to zaragoza, but if not, S&S would have been my worst madonna live experience...i hope next gtime she´s doing arenas

Which really is exactly what has happened in London, unfortunately. The Wembley Stadium S&S (first leg) show was an absolute disaster. I didn't go to the show but it was all over the press; and my friends who had been all said it was absolutely awful.

It's a shame though that the 2nd leg O2 Arena shows didn't really do much in terms of damage control (and those shows were fantastic - I went to one of them and took my sister). She loved it.

:clap:

Thank you Suedehead. When I mentioned the Wembley gig being a disaster on here a few weeks ago I was shot down in flames by some on here.

Thank you Suedehead. When I mentioned the Wembley gig being a disaster on here a few weeks ago I was shot down in flames by some on here.

Wait, what exactly happened? Sorry I read a little back but all I got was that it was a stadium show without a hit single...?

Let's face it, the entire GMAYL/Superbowl exercise was engineered for her to become a major stadium player in the USA.

But she's hardly playing stadiums here? :confused:

I think New Orleans is sold out. I can't even pull up 1 ticket for sale in any section.

Guest jamesshot

She can easily play stadiums in the USA and that will never change unless she keeps playing so much newer material. Casual fans do not mind some new material, but to pack so much new material into a show like she did for SST again would be a mistake. It worked with DWT because she hadn't toured in a long time and ROL and Music were very popular plus she had more radio support back then. Now, even if MDNA is a hit, she still needs to play far more of her popular catalogue or the next tour will be harder for her to sell out huge stadiums.

Madonna is a stadium act.

She can easily play stadiums in the USA and that will never change unless she keeps playing so much newer material. Casual fans do not mind some new material, but to pack so much new material into a show like she did for SST again would be a mistake. It worked with DWT because she hadn't toured in a long time and ROL and Music were very popular plus she had more radio support back then. Now, even if MDNA is a hit, she still needs to play far more of her popular catalogue or the next tour will be harder for her to sell out huge stadiums.

Sorry but I went to DWT and there were a lot of people after the concert complaining about the lack of old material. I, for one, agree that it could have had at least one or two more of her earlier stuff (instead we got the Funny Song!).

S&S on the other hand was full of her classics. LAP, Vogue, ITG, Borderline, HU, Music, ROL, LIB... it's more than Confessions did. And the CT had 10 new songs plus You Thrill Me which was basically new to almost everyone while S&S had nine.

Guest boytoyville

Guest jamesshot

Sorry but I went to DWT and there were a lot of people after the concert complaining about the lack of old material. I, for one, agree that it could have had at least one or two more of her earlier stuff (instead we got the Funny Song!).

S&S on the other hand was full of her classics. LAP, Vogue, ITG, Borderline, HU, Music, ROL, LIB... it's more than Confessions did. And the CT had 10 new songs plus You Thrill Me which was basically new to almost everyone while S&S had nine.

What I meant was she could get away with playing a lot of newer songs for DWT than she can now because she hadn't toured in so long and ROL and Music were very popular. Yes, people complained but it didn't turn them off from attending future concerts. She made up for it with RIT so that is why she could get away with playing a lot of newer songs for CT. With SST, people started to really get a bit miffed she played so many newer songs because that is what she did on the tour pior. Now, she cannot play a ton of newer material for this tour or it will negatively impact her next tour IMO.

All of Madonna's tours going all the way back to WTG are heaviest on the current material. Even her "greatest hits" show RIT was more AL heavy than it should've been for a "greatest hits" tour. That's why I never considered RIT to really be a GH tour. It's kind of funny she called her tour Reinvention considering she reinvents her songs on all of her tours since BA.

Posted on M Tribe

on the italian site quotidianamente.it is written that Live nation is planning a third show in italy..the show would happen in rome and it would replace Zagreb,,,,

Posted on M Tribe

on the italian site quotidianamente.it is written that Live nation is planning a third show in italy..the show would happen in rome and it would replace Zagreb,,,,

SAVE ME JEBUS!!!