Madonna World Tour Schedule

Guest groovyguy

Guest northernlad

There is a lot of room in November still...I wonder if she will squeeze in Detroit after St. Paul, or another city after Charlotte, NC.

Considering she'll be touring non-stop for 6 or 7 months I'd imagine a lot of those gaps will remain empty, giving her 3 and 4 day breaks here and there.

Los Angeles only having room for 1 or 2 shows is quite strange though. Surely that isn't IT?

There is a lot of room in November still...I wonder if she will squeeze in Detroit after St. Paul, or another city after Charlotte, NC.

I was hoping for Pittsburgh ... she hasn't been here since the Virgin Tour, and they're currently tearing down the venue she performed in then. We have a new arena built -- I think GaGa may have come to it twice already or something ridiculous. Not that that means anything. HOWEVER, Cleveland is so close, I'm imagining she wouldn't add Pittsburgh in. With Philly and DC on the list, of course, it's just unlikely. Oh, well, I'm used to having to travel to see her, I guess. I'm just bummed about the Garden. I thought it would happen somehow timing-wise. That's where I saw her the last two times. Not sure if I like the idea of seeing her in a stadium instead of an arena, so might have to go somewhere other than NYC. This is gonna be complicated -- and since the tix are going on sale in less than a week, the presales will start in just a few days, I guess. This leaves very little time for planning travel -- ugh. Stress! But I'm just glad she's touring again...

Los Angeles only having room for 1 or 2 shows is quite strange though. Surely that isn't IT?

And arenas to boot. It isn't like she is playing stadiums. She can sell out two nights at the Staples Center in minutes. So yeah, I think it is weird too. I wonder if she is worried about fatigue?

Or maybe Live Nation is just worried about the economic climate still...afterall, S&S 2.0 had to cancel some shows because of poor ticket sales. The stadium-focus really over saturated her.

Guest northernlad

Peter why not go for the (North American) opening night in Philly? I'm sure it would have one of the best atmospheres of the whole tour.

I bet New Orleans would be wonderful too... I wouldn't mind making a big trip for that one.

Peter why not go for the (North American) opening night in Philly? I'm sure it would have one of the best atmospheres of the whole tour.

Hi, northernlad! :inlove:

I might do as you suggest ... i have an email message out to my two friends already who live in NYC. I stayed with them the last two times -- took one of them to CT and both of them to S&ST. (Both of them were Madonna 'concert virgins' for their respective firsts! :D ) I don't know -- I just want to see it with them, I guess. Hopefully because Philly's still in August, my friend who's a teacher won't be back in school yet. The other bad thing about Philly is that it's a Tuesday. :boring: She's always pulling that, and I have to take off at least two days of work for that, if not three. :grr: It's a bad time of year for me to miss that much time from work. Cleveland, on the other hand, is a Saturday...

But you're right. The energy level in Philly will be better than Cleveland, and it's still an arena...

Damn it all! "Early 2013" for Australia? I hope that means January, but it probably won't. I have Long Service Leave from November to late January (dates can't be changed). In my job, I can't take any time off outside designated holiday periods, so I'll be lucky to get to even one concert in my home country... :( Still, I'm extremely grateful and excited that she's coming here! I just wish they'd announced dates so that I know whether I should try to see her during my holidays (in case her Australian concerts clash completely with my work commitments). I repeat, though, it's very exciting news :)

ICON pre-sales start almost immediately, apparently - next to no time to plan anything!

...or maybe she'll do a staples show and a stadium show?

Madonna Tickets and Concert Dates

According to Ticketmasters this is the seating chart for the New York show at Yankee Stadium…

20120207-news-madonna-world-tour-live-nation-details-seating-chart-500x305.png

Is that official? If it is, we know she won't be using a center stage and that the show won't have a catwalk.

She's using the entire stadium in NY! That's going to be a gigantic boxscore!

I'm guessing that in the future M is going to usually use LA's new stadium. LA wise for M its going to be bye bye Staples, hello Farmers Field:

http://aegtools.3cdn.net/983237b4dec69fbc29_zqm6yns6l.jpg

http://www.farmersfield.com/

Fresh of her halftime performance at Super Bowl XLVI (which was viewed by a record 114 million people) comes details of the Madonna 2012 World Tour. The trek will begin May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel, and will be her most extensive tour ever in terms of number of dates, according to Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring, worldwide producers of the tour. The tour will take Madonna to Austrialia for the first time in 20 years, as well as many markets she has never played before.

This will be Madonna's fifth tour with Fogel and Live Nation, and second under her long-term multi-rights deal with the promoter. Her last tour, 2008-2009's Sticky & Sweet, grossed $408 million according to Billboard Boxscore, the highest ever for a solo artist and third-highest of all time. Prior to that, Madonna's 2006 Confessions Tour grossed $194 million, according to Boxscore, then the highest ever for a female artist.

The 2012 tour will follow the release of Madonna's new album "MDNA," due March 26 on Live Nation Entertainment/Interscope Records, which creates myriad cross-promotional opportunities, according to Fogel. Having the recording and touring (not to mention merchandising and other rights) under one umbrella "gives you the freedom to line up all the different elements to sell tickets and to sell records," he says. "It's as great a set-up as you could have. If this doesn't work, I'm going

The tour will play arenas, stadiums and unique outdoor sights, including the Plains of Abraham in Quebec. Fogel tells Billboard.com that production for the tour is in the conceptual stages, but did say, "it will be big and can get bigger," depending on the venue.

The tour will play 26 European markets, including London, Paris, Milan and Berlin, before hitting North American shores beginning Aug. 28 in Philadelphia. Twenty-six shows are planned for North America, including a Sept. 6 show at New York's Yankee Stadium, and an Oct. l0 performance at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale beginning Feb. 10 in Tel Aviv and the U.K., with North American tickets going on sale beginning Feb. 13. Tickets for North America are available at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com.

Madonna will play North America until just before Thanksgiving, then head to Latin America to tour until the holidays, then wrap the tour in Australia in early 2013, Fogel says. The entire tour will end up with close to 90 shows, which would be the most ever for Madonna; Sticky & Sweet ended up with 85 dates.

Video: Madonna performs live at Super Bowl XLVI

When all is said and done, the upcoming tour will be one of the highest-grossing treks in history, potentially giving her two tours in the top five all time. Fogel says ticket scaling will be "almost identical" to Sticky & Sweet, though venue capacities will vary.

While there are "certain variables" that come with routing a Madonna tour, Fogel says planning begins with the amount of time the artist makes available for touring and then producers using that time to maximum effect. "There's basically an established window and we need to fit into that window whatever we can that makes sense logistically," he says. "Of the shows we're doing, I'd say 25%-30% will be markets she's never played before. There's still a few left. We'll get to these markets where she's never been, some exciting new places, and get back to Australia after too long a time."

While Madonna's first headlining tour was in 1985, the upcoming run will only be her ninth. Sticky & Sweet was a monster by any measure, and included some blockbuster dates in a wide range of territories, 32 countries in all. Madonna sold 650,000 tickets in South America, 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Dübendorf Airfield -- the largest attended concert ever in Switzerland -- 75,000 tickets in London, and four sellouts at New York's Madison Square Garden that sold 60,364 tickets. That tour wrapped where the next one begins, Tel Aviv.

Madonna's 5 Best TV Performances

As a touring artist, Madonna is relatively "fresh" compared to some artists with similar career longevity. "When I started working with her on the 2001 tour, she hadn't toured since the early '90s," Fogel points out. "The last tour was her biggest tour ever, it propelled her into the top-grossing tours of all time and was the top tour ever by a solo artist, and that was 25 years into her career. Whatever there is to be said, the facts speak for themselves: she's never been bigger, and she's a great performer with a great catalog and a great new record. She's one of those iconic legends at the top of her game."

Over the past decade, Madonna tours have moved into that elite status of the "event" tour, where the tour itself becomes a cultural touch point. And while there are other acts that are hugely popular on a global scale (Fogel works with a couple of them, including U2 and Lady Gaga) a Madonna tour remains a unique animal in terms of striking a chord with a passionate fan base and generating media coverage. "There are people out there who always want to set it up as her against other artists that have emerged, but the truth is they're all unique and great and have their space in the hearts and minds of fans," Fogel says. "I don't even think about that stuff, it's irrelevant."

Madonna Releases "Give Me All Your Luvin'" Video

In addition to her Super Bowl performance, the last week also saw the release of Madonna's new single, "Give Me All Your Luvin." According to today's announcement, pre-orders for "MDNA" have already catapulted the record to No. 1 on iTunes in 51 countries, including the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Canada, Italy, Sweden and the Netherlands.

U.S. residents ordering tickets online to a U.S. performance will receive their choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new 'MDNA' album with every ticket purchased. Citi is the official credit card of U.S. leg of the tour, and Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Feb. 8 through Citi's Private Pass Program.

Lifetime Legacy members of Icon, Madonna's official fan club, will receive first access to tickets and VIP Packages starting today. Registered free Icon members will have the opportunity to purchase an Icon Live Pass, which gives them access to ticket and VIP Package pre-sales. Fans can sign up for a free Icon membership at Madonna.com today.

VIP Packages will are available through VIP Nation, including premium seats, exclusive merchandise and more. For more information please visit: www.VIPNation.com

Viagogo, Europe's leading secondary ticketing company (www.viagogo.co.uk), has been named as the Official Premium and Secondary Ticketing Partner for Madonna's 2012 summer tour dates across Europe.

MADONNA 2012 WORLD TOUR ITINERARY

EUROPE

29-May Tel Aviv, Israel Ramat Gam Stadium On Sale Feb. 10

3-Jun Abu Dhabi Yas Arena On Sale Feb. 27

7-Jun Istanbul, Turkey Turk Telecom Arena On sale soon

11-Jun Zagreb, Croatia Maksimir Stadium On Sale Feb. 17

14-Jun Milan, Italy Stadio San Siro On Sale Feb. 13

16-Jun Florence, Italy Stadio Franchi On Sale Feb. 13

20-Jun Barcelona, Spain Palau Sant Jordi On Sale Feb. 16

24-Jun Coimbra, Portugal Estadio Cidade de Coimbra On Sale Feb. 11

28-Jun Berlin, Germany O2 Arena On Sale Feb. 13

2-Jul Copenhagen, Denmark Parken Stadium On Sale Feb. 13

4-Jul Gothenburg, Sweden Ullevi Stadium On Sale Feb. 17

7-Jul Amsterdam,The Netherlands Ziggo Dome On Sale Feb. 11

12-Jul Brussels, Belgium Stade Roi-Baudouin On Sale Feb. 17

14-Jul Paris, France Stade De France On Sale Feb. 14

17-Jul London, UK Hyde Park On Sale Feb. 10

21-Jul Edinburgh, UK Murrayfield Stadium On Sale Feb. 10

24-Jul Dublin, Ireland Aviva Stadium On Sale Feb. 17

29-Jul Vienna, Austria Ernst-Happel-Stadion On Sale Feb. 24

1-Aug Warsaw, Poland National Stadium On Sale Feb. 17

7-Aug Moscow, Russia Olimpiski Arena On sale soon

8-Aug St. Petersburg, Russia SKK Arena On sale soon

12-Aug Helsinki, Finland Olympic Stadium On Sale Feb. 14

15-Aug Oslo, Norway Telenor Arena On Sale Feb. 20

18-Aug Zurich, Switzerland Stadion Letzigrund On Sale Feb. 24

21-Aug Nice, France Stade Charles-Erhmann On Sale Feb. 14

NORTH AMERICA

28-Aug Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center On Sale Feb. 13

30-Aug Montreal, QC Bell Centre On Sale Feb. 18

1-Sep Quebec City, QC Plains of Abraham Site On Sale Feb. 17

4-Sep Boston, MA TD Garden On Sale Feb. 13

6-Sep New York, NY Yankee Stadium On Sale Feb. 13

10-Sep Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place On Sale Feb. 13

12-Sep Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre On Sale Feb. 13

15-Sep Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall On Sale Feb. 27

19-Sep Chicago, IL United Center On Sale Feb. 13

23-Sep Washington, D.C. Verizon Center On Sale Feb. 13

29-Sep Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena On Sale Feb. 13

2-Oct Seattle, WA Key Arena On Sale Feb. 13

6-Oct San Jose, CA HP Pavilion On Sale Feb. 13

10-Oct Los Angeles, CA Staples Center On Sale Feb. 13

13-Oct Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand On Sale Feb. 27

16-Oct Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center On Sale Feb. 27

20-Oct Dallas, TX American Airlines Center On Sale Feb. 27

24-Oct Houston, TX Toyota Center On Sale Feb. 27

27-Oct New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena On Sale Mar. 5

30-Oct Kansas City, MO Sprint Center On Sale Mar. 5

1-Nov St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center On Sale Mar. 5

3-Nov St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center On Sale Feb. 27

10-Nov Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena On Sale Mar. 5

15-Nov Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena On Sale Mar. 5

17-Nov Atlanta, GA Philips Arena On Sale Mar. 5

TBC Miami, FL To Be Confirmed On Sale Soon

ì am so confused ABOUT this Icon Membership crap

I am a Platinum member. HOW do I get early access to tickets...

Thats all I want to know. And how do I become a Life Time Legacy member...

HELP!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6457

Madonna returning to Australia in 2013

Madonna will finally tour Australia in 2013.

Her promoters Live Nation confirmed today that she will make her first visit here since 1993 early next year.

The announcement follows her performance at the Super Bowl half-time show broadcast to over 100 million viewers worldwide yesterday.

Madonna’s world tour will start in Tel Aviv on May 29 and end in Australia in early 2013, with 90 dates planned globally – her longest tour to date.

Madonna’s last four world tours have all bypassed Australia.

Her manager Guy Oseary told angry Australian fans in 2009 after axing tour plans: "Madonna really needs to go to Australia. We are long overdue for a trip Down Under and apologise for that, it will happen.”

Live Nation CEO Arthur Fogel told Billboard: "Of the shows we're doing, I'd say 25 per cent to 30 per cent will be markets she's never played before. There's still a few left. We'll get to these markets where she's never been, some exciting new places, and get back to Australia after too long a time."

Fogel said the tour will be adapted for arenas, stadiums and “unique outdoor sights… it will be big and can get bigger.”

Madonna performed at the MCG in 1993.

Her last tour, 2008/2009’s Sticky & Sweet, grossed over $400 million. The new tour will be potentially more lucrative.

The itinerary sees Madonna in Europe through May to August, and North America from August to November before a break for Christmas and New Year, then the Australian leg.

Madonna’s new album MDNA is released on March 26.

From the Herald Sun.

Damn it all! "Early 2013" for Australia? I hope that means January, but it probably won't. I have Long Service Leave from November to late January (dates can't be changed). In my job, I can't take any time off outside designated holiday periods, so I'll be lucky to get to even one concert in my home country... :( Still, I'm extremely grateful and excited that she's coming here! I just wish they'd announced dates so that I know whether I should try to see her during my holidays (in case her Australian concerts clash completely with my work commitments). I repeat, though, it's very exciting news :)

ICON pre-sales start almost immediately, apparently - next to no time to plan anything!

yep it sucks because by the time it gets to Australia, I would have seen it online and the setlist won't be a secret, as a M fan, I can't be expected to avoid all tour news for over 7 months, that's impossible ah well

VIPNation.com has info on ticket sales now.

"Madonna fan club presale begins Tues. Feb. 7th 10am ET (with special password); Citi cardmember presale begins Feb. 8th 10am ET (with special password); Venue presale begins Feb. 8th 10am ET (with special password); VIP public onsale begins Thurs. Feb. 9th 10am ET."

http://v2.iloveallaccess.com/Tours/madonna/madonna

I cannot believe this!! :rant: The ONE DATE she has in Abu Dhabi , the only one that I have a chance to go to , is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FINALS :cries: Why , Madonna , WHY?!! :cries: :cries: :cries:

Life is so fucking cruel :(

U.S. residents ordering tickets online to a U.S. performance will receive their choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new 'MDNA' album with every ticket purchased

So if you live in the US you get a free copy of the album?