New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

rumors say she's gonna mix Express Yourself + Born This Way.

rumors from who? source..

and you making up shit with your friends are not considered rumors... :p lol

SPOILER!!!!!

The MDNA World Tour will open on May 29th in Tel Aviv and, thanks to our sources, Madonnarama has learned some new info on the setlist Madonna is currently rehearsing for the tour!

If you don’t want any spoilers, look away now, if you can't wait for the exclusive, then enjoy…

Keep in mind that Madonna is currently in rehearsals and that the final setlist might include some changes.

The MDNA Tour opens up with religious chants that lead into Girl Gone Wild. Just like the album version it includes the Act of Contrition intro and also has a new instrumental part featuring whip-sounds and even some Material Girl lyrics. Then comes Revolver featuring Lil Wayne, who will appear in the backdrop video, followed by Gang Bang. The fourth title on the setlist is the first real surprise: an edited version of Papa Don'tt Preach!

Hung up has completely been reworked to fit the theme of the MDNA tour and next up is guitar-heavy I Don’t Give A featuring Nicki Minaj.

Some of you might have noticed similarities between Best Friend and Heartbeat from the Hard Candy album. You’re not the only ones, because the tour version now includes more Heartbeat references and even some lyrics.

Express Yourself has some HUGE surprises that will have everyone talking, but we won’t spoil these for the moment.

After this we go into the Just Blaze remix of Give me all your Luvin’, followed by Turn up the Radio.

Another surprise on the setlist is a completely reinvented version of Open Your Heart, which is followed by a track from the MDNA album, Falling Free. The tour version is very similar to the album version, but has a more prominent violin sound.

The second part of the show also includes a totally reinvented version of the William Orbit remix of Justify my Love, including new lyrics, and a Nobody Knows Me video interlude.

Stay tuned for more exclusive Madonna info, only at Madonnarama!

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/04/10/the-mdna-world-tour-2012-setlist-spoilers-exclusive/#ixzz1reiUS7t5

Most of this sounds kick ass! I hope we do get "I'm Addicted" and "Love Spent" at the very least.

Seriously, give it a break already. No setlist has been confirmed yet. Why are you getting so worked up about it?

And may I add, Madonna is never going to formulate a setlist based on the "needs" of any audience.

You make it sound as though I've been writing dozens of posts about the same topic in multiple threads. The post you responded to here was written several days ago and I haven't said anything since, but thank you for bringing the topic up again :) In any case, I've only commented on this topic in two threads - this one and the Australian one (which is highly relevant to me and other Australians....possibly not so to those who don't live in Australia ;))

"Seriously, give it a break already"?? I gave it a break days ago, but thanks for the advice ;) Again, you made it sound like I was obsessing over it, when all I was doing was making a few comments.

Madonna always has the needs of her audience in mind. She knows they need to be entertained and that's what she sets out to do :)

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love Best Friend! I really want that to be performed, but I was afraid it wouldn't be because it's on the deluxe version.

I love Best Friend too :thumbsup:

The Just Blaze remix of GMAYL is a dub? I can't see her performing that or is there an original vocal version still unreleased?

I'll be made up if she performs JML although the GS version is amazing!

Other than that, it looks a good line up.

Guest Fluorine

The Just Blaze remix of GMAYL is a dub? I can't see her performing that or is there an original vocal version still unreleased?

I'll be made up if she performs JML although the GS version is amazing!

Other than that, it looks a good line up.

For GMAYL, they probably mean she's just singing over the heavier beat that's on the Just Blaze dub. The remix itself is a bit messy, but I can see an instrumental of it working really well.

Edited by Fluorine

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2012/04/10/madonna-rumored-tour-setlist/#more-57529

Let's Talk About This Rumored Madonna Tour Setlist

Posted 4/10/12 10:27 am EST by John Mitchell in Madonna, tour, Tour Dates

Madonna, Facebook

Because it's pretty great.

An early rumored setlist for Madonna's upcoming MDNA tour, which kicks off May 29 at Tel Aviv, Israel's Ramat Gan Stadium, has been kicking around the Interweb. It hasn't been confirmed, but the source is pretty darn dependable when it comes to Madonna matters, so we thought we'd bring it to you so we could talk it out.

Lending a bit more credibility to the rumored setlist, during her Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon to promote MDNA, Madonna said that the theme of the show's first act would be "transgression." "I like to have a theme for my show and create a dramatic arc," she told Fallon. "Then I try to make the songs fit within that arc."

If we're talking transgressions, opening with a video intro of "Erotica"/"Justicy My Love" and segueing into "Girl Gone Wild," as you'll see below, seems right in line with the leaked set list.

Let's dive in, shall we!

MDNA Tour Setlist:

>> Video intro: Erotica/Justify My Love

>> Girl Gone Wild

>> I'm A Sinner

>> Express Yourself

>> Dress You Up

>> Physical Attraction

>> Video interlude: Some Girls

>> Causing A Commotion

>> I'm Addicted

>> Angel

>> Beautiful Killer

>> Secret

>> Video interlude: Gang Bang

>> Die Another Day

>> I Don't Give A

>> 4 Minutes

>> Love Spent

>> Masterpiece

>> Video interlude: Holiday (2012 remix)

>> Give Me All Your Luvin

>> Deeper And Deeper

>> Take A Bow/Falling Free

>> Music

>> Turn Up The Radio

There are two major things of note here, an inclusion and an absence, if these are indeed the songs Her Madgesty will be performing on her biggest (and largely sold out) world tour ever.

Missing from the lineup: "La Isla Bonita." For reasons unknown, Madonna loves this song. She's performed it on three of her four tours of the aughts (she left it off the lineup for her 2004 "Re-Invention Tour") and jazzed it up with the help of Gogol Bordello for her performance at Live Earth. The song does lend itself well to the odd bit of tweaking, which Madonna often does to her classic hits to make them seem fresh for her current tours, but we've never really understood why she shows this song, out of all of her hits, so much preference.

In its place is a song most Madonna fans are probably dying to hear live – "Take a Bow." She's never performed "Bow," her longest-running #1 on the Billboard singles chart, on any of her tours, and if the rumored setlist is to be believed, she's pairing it with the spare, lovely MDNA ballad "Falling Free" as a medley. It's a good fit and a nice way to close her show.

Yes, we can see that "Music" and "Turn Up the Radio" follow "Bow" and "Free" on the setlist. But Madonna doesn't really do a conventional encore, and since each segment of the show is four or five songs in length and a "Bow"/"Free" medley feels so conclusive, we assume that "Music" and "Radio" are her version of it. Typically, she closes her show in some grand manner before disappearing from the stage briefly and returning for one or two more high octane numbers.

We're thrilled she picked the upbeat, glitter synth wonder "Radio" as her closing number. It's one of our favorite MDNA tracks – on our first listen, it was the unquestioned favorite; but as with all Madonna albums, repeat listens have amped up our love for other songs.

Madonna

And she's included many of our other MDNA faves here as well. "I'm Addicted," "Love Spent" and the Madonna-by-the-numbers (not necessarily a bad thing) "Girl Gone Wild" all make the alleged lineup, in addition to the awesome "Gang Bang" and "Some Girls," which are being used for video interludes.

However, she forgot two of the album's best and most personal tracks – "I F**ked Up" and "Superstar" – and included two of our least favorite songs, "I Don't Give A" and "I'm a Sinner" (which isn't so bad, we guess, until she starts calling out saints near the end). I'll never understand why "I F**ked Up" is a bonus track on the deluxe edition of MDNA and didn't make the proper album. For my money, it's easily one of the top three tracks from the entire release; it's smartly written, warmly produced and would have complimented the overall album theme nicely by letting Madonna take some of the blame for the failed relationship (hello, Guy Ritchie!) at the album's core. Instead she went with the silly, half-rap bravado of "I Don't Give A." Whatever.

As for the back catalog hits included here, she cherry-picked nicely. Casual longtime fans will freak over the inclusion of "Express Yourself," "Deeper and Deeper," "Secret" (YES!!!!) and "Dress You Up," while hardcore supporters will be pleased to hear "Physical Attraction," "Angel" and "Causing a Commotion" for the first time in, well, forever.

It looks like the pop queen is planning a little special something for every sort of Madonna fan – which should make for a pretty spectacular show (as usual). See you soon, Your Madgesty!

*Note: Perhaps we jumped the gun (bang, bang, shot you dead!) a little here, as Madonnarama is reporting some marked differences (and some similarities) to what we've detailed above. (Hey, we said it was rumored setlist.) In the end it looks like we're just going to have to wait and see! We admit we were a little suspicious about "Hung Up's" absence from the list, given how much she and her fans like that song.

She already hinted at everybody and her big plans for gang bang. I think its half a real story. That list is such bollox, why would she go into mdma mdna into angel???? :lol: Id love it if she did.

why would she go into mdma mdna into angel???? :lol: Id love it if she did.

Well...after telling her lover that she's addicted to his love,she decides that he's an "angel" :lol:

MDNA Tour Setlist:

>> Girl Gone Wild

>> I'm A Sinner

>> Express Yourself

>> Dress You Up

>> Physical Attraction

>> Causing A Commotion

>> I'm Addicted

>> Angel

>> Beautiful Killer

>> Secret

>> Die Another Day

>> I Don't Give A

>> 4 Minutes

>> Love Spent

>> Masterpiece

>> Deeper And Deeper

>> Music

>> Turn Up The Radio

This looks complete rubbish. We know Revolver is going to be in there or Lil Wayne doing a rap for Angel. I strongly doubt she will leave Gang Bang to a video. It's one of the biggest albums on the track. The Madonnarama one seems more likely than this.

Let's Talk About This Rumored Madonna Tour Setlist

Posted 4/10/12 10:27 am EST by John Mitchell in Madonna, tour, Tour Dates

Madonna, Facebook

Because it's pretty great.

An early rumored setlist for Madonna's upcoming MDNA tour, which kicks off May 29 at Tel Aviv, Israel's Ramat Gan Stadium, has been kicking around the Interweb. It hasn't been confirmed, but the source is pretty darn dependable when it comes to Madonna matters, so we thought we'd bring it to you so we could talk it out.

Lending a bit more credibility to the rumored setlist, during her Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon to promote MDNA, Madonna said that the theme of the show's first act would be "transgression." "I like to have a theme for my show and create a dramatic arc," she told Fallon. "Then I try to make the songs fit within that arc."

If we're talking transgressions, opening with a video intro of "Erotica"/"Justicy My Love" and segueing into "Girl Gone Wild," as you'll see below, seems right in line with the leaked set list.

Let's dive in, shall we!

MDNA Tour Setlist:

>> Girl Gone Wild

>> I'm A Sinner

>> Express Yourself

>> Dress You Up

>> Physical Attraction

>> Causing A Commotion

>> I'm Addicted

>> Angel

>> Beautiful Killer

>> Secret

>> Die Another Day

>> I Don't Give A

>> 4 Minutes

>> Love Spent

>> Masterpiece

>> Deeper And Deeper

>> Music

>> Turn Up The Radio

However, she forgot two of the album's best and most personal tracks – "I F**ked Up" and "Superstar" – and included two of our least favorite songs, "I Don't Give A" and "I'm a Sinner" (which isn't so bad, we guess, until she starts calling out saints near the end). I'll never understand why "I F**ked Up" is a bonus track on the deluxe edition of MDNA and didn't make the proper album. For my money, it's easily one of the top three tracks from the entire release; it's smartly written, warmly produced and would have complimented the overall album theme nicely by letting Madonna take some of the blame for the failed relationship (hello, Guy Ritchie!) at the album's core. Instead she went with the silly, half-rap bravado of "I Don't Give A." Whatever.

Shes never gonna feature Angel, sadly. Those others are questionable too..

BUT YAY FOR I FUCKED UP PRAISE!!! :clap:

AND STOP BEST FRIEND HATE NOW! :rant:

Madonna reinventing Open Your Heart with Kalakan's Sagara Jo for her 2012 World Tour

It has been already reported that Madonna's 80 classic Open Your Heart is in the setlist of the MDNA World Tour. More details are now leaking on the reinvented version to be performed on stage.

Madonna is working with Kalakan to create a brand new version of Open Your Heart, as revealed by Madonnarama. As it happened for La Isla Bonita on the Sticky & Sweet Tour (and the Live Earth) with Lela Pala Tute, Open Your Heart will feature Sagara Jo by Kalakan.

Madonna met the Basque trio last August when she visited different locations in the south-west of France. When visiting Guéthary in the Basque Country, Kalakan played for her an intimate birthday gig. Kalakan were introduced to Madonna by Labèqye sisters, who are the great pianists you can see in I'm Going to Tell You a Secret.

Guest groovyguy

the clip of that track on madonnarama would fit well with the bit of OYH madonna did at superbowl

Listen to Kalakan’s “Sagarra Jo” HERE

Here are the official lyrics and translation…

SAGARRA JO

Aldapeko sagarraren

adarraren punttan

punttaren punttan

Txoria zegoen kantari

Txiruli luli txiruli lula

Nork aditzen ote du

kantu eder hori ?

Sagarra jo dela…

Zubiburu zelaieko

oihanaren zolan

zolaren zolan

Lili bat badago beilari

Txiruli luli txiruli lula

Nork bilduko ote du

lili xarmant hori

Sagarra jo dela…

Translation:

BEAT THE APPLE

At the tip of the branch of an apple tree

on the hillside a bird was singing

Txiru liruli txiru lirula,

Who hears this lovely song ?

It has beaten the apple …

Deep, very deep in the forest next to the meadow

beyond the bridge, a flower sentinel

Txiru liruli txiru lirula,

Who will pluck this lovely flower ?

It has beaten the apple… (it’s ready to be pressed to extract its juice)

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/04/12/the-mdna-world-tour-2012-spoilers-madonna-to-collaborate-with-basque-trio-kalakan-exclusive/#ixzz1rqkMJ7Qa

Madonna reinventing Open Your Heart with Kalakan's Sagara Jo for her 2012 World Tour

It has been already reported that Madonna's 80 classic Open Your Heart is in the setlist of the MDNA World Tour. More details are now leaking on the reinvented version to be performed on stage.

Madonna is working with Kalakan to create a brand new version of Open Your Heart, as revealed by Madonnarama. As it happened for La Isla Bonita on the Sticky & Sweet Tour (and the Live Earth) with Lela Pala Tute, Open Your Heart will feature Sagara Jo by Kalakan.

Madonna met the Basque trio last August when she visited different locations in the south-west of France. When visiting Guéthary in the Basque Country, Kalakan played for her an intimate birthday gig. Kalakan were introduced to Madonna by Labèqye sisters, who are the great pianists you can see in I'm Going to Tell You a Secret.

Let's hope she wears her Basque again :p

*twirls nipple tassles*

If the Queen acknowledges Lady Terd by doing a smash-up of BTW + Express Yourself. The whole arena will probably FIRE bottles at her and leave for a sh1t break.

Most M fans don't care about Lady Terd, so she is not helping anyone by doing that, besides promoting BTW.

If she happens to do a knock off sample, then maybe that is alright, but I rather her stay away from Lady Terd. She could sing Express Yourself + She's Not Me smash-up. And have photos of Terd on the massive screen.

Also if she does B-Day Song that would be splended. I love that song. Happy days. Also throw Beat Goes On into the set-list and Lucky Star, then BAM!

I can't help thinking that the Basque version of Open Your Heart just sounds like another rehash of the gypsy / latino segment that we get on every tour now. Cue fake campfire, swarthy men and her rotten guitar.

I can't help thinking that the Basque version of Open Your Heart just sounds like another rehash of the gypsy / latino segment that we get on every tour now. Cue fake campfire, swarthy men and her rotten guitar.

:lol: