New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

lots of fans seem to be completely unaware of the shit M got for not playing enough hits for her SS tour. because she's such a huge star, its simply automatically assumed that a lot of the songs sound familiar to the ears. at least for the curious "fan" and music lover.

Guest CandyPerfumeBoy

I thought it was a good mix of new material and classics for CS and S&S :D But I agree that it is also time for some other classics (and of course it is time to have live performances of Express Yourself and Open Your Heart on DVD) though I could listen to LAP (RIT version) or LIB (GS version) again and again!!! Because these songs alway work LIVE!!

Madonna's last several tours have not had much in the way of overlap from tour to tour. "Vogue" and LAP were part of the last tour- so, it shouldn't be a shocker for anyone if she doesn't include them in this tour. Fact. :gent:

And, as far as the Super Bowl goes, I'm sure plenty of non-U.S. residents have seen it online.

lots of fans seem to be completely unaware of the shit M got for not playing enough hits for her SS tour. because she's such a huge star, its simply automatically assumed that a lot of the songs sound familiar to the ears. at least for the curious "fan" and music lover.

You're talking out of your ass.

WHO GAVE her shit exactly? (besides you)

and last I checked: Vogue, Borderline, Like a Prayer, Ray of light, La Isla Bonita, Into the Groove, Holiday, Frozen, Hung Up are considered hits...no?

she didnt play enough hits for S&S?

she played the obvious hits. LAP, ROL, Vogue, ITG...

She did play those song in completely unrecognizable ways. Although I did enjoy the live experience of S&S, and LAP was an awesome and pleasantly surprising moment,

ITG, ROL, and especially Vogue, there's that fine line of reworking a song and changing it completely to its own detriment. They were fun, but they weren't really the "hits" anymore.

To cut out the bridge in Vogue was criminal. To revisit the same exact performances of ROL & LIB as in the CT and Live Earth... 3 years in a row, was uninspired. I say this years later in

hindsight, of course. I was definitely let down during S&S seeing the same thing again.

But overall, I enjoyed the live experience.

It must be hard trying to please so many different people and what the overall audience will be not only impressed by, but pleased and satisfied that

they've spent their money wisely.

Madonna's last several tours have not had much in the way of overlap from tour to tour. "Vogue" and LAP were part of the last tour- so, it shouldn't be a shocker for anyone if she doesn't include them in this tour. Fact. :gent:

And, as far as the Super Bowl goes, I'm sure plenty of non-U.S. residents have seen it online.

Who's shocked? We're talking about the expectations of the general public. They don't keep a tidy list of things like u. :fag:

and last I checked: Vogue, Borderline, Like a Prayer, Ray of light, La Isla Bonita, Into the Groove, Holiday, Frozen, Hung Up are considered hits...no?

LOL that's funny, as I don't often give Madonna any negative BS or criticism at all. In fact I love the current setlist aside from Revolver. ;)

So next time make sure you know who you're talking to. We're not on the Tribe, you can relax ;)

I was previously sharing what I was told by a lot of people who aren't too familiar with Madonna but saw her for the first time doing SS. the way she performs her hit songs (by remixes) are very different than how most artists perform theirs (mostly in their original arrangement) And FYI: I love it when she mixes her songs with other music. I was not posting from MY point of view earlier.

However, it's not Madonna's fault if the person buy a ticket and don't know how her tours work. It's her 9th one in a 30 years carrer, so a little research pre-concert can help.

MOTHERFUCKIN' THIS!!! :clap::clap:

I hate it when people think that just because Like A Virgin is the only Madonna song they know she is going to actually perform that song on her tour.

It's not 1990 anymore. Information travels 7369985 times faster. The internet has been invented. Fucking Google it.

MOTHERFUCKIN' THIS!!! :clap::clap:

I hate it when people think that just because Like A Virgin is the only Madonna song they know she is going to actually perform that song on her tour.

It's not 1990 anymore. Information travels 7369985 times faster. The internet has been invented. Fucking Google it.

:bow::bow::bow:

Um, actually, he's not.

I've heard the exact same complaints, and people complaining that the hits used were very remixed.

I don't get it though, as I loved them.

I had an argument with a friend that was at one of the Swedish S&S-shows and she complained that there was too much modern dance-music+too many remixes.

I was like, wtf. have you ever seen a madonna-concert before?! the delusion

Edited by thelament

I'm not a "he", but thanks for understanding ;) I love the way she performs her songs, its what makes her more interesting than most popstars (if not almost all of them) unfortunately many people are very uninformed when it comes to her concerts and they're often surprised and expected something very different. and dear mr. chambers: This is only an observation I shared - not criticism ;) I hope she'll keep going & doing her concerts HER way

I love the remixed versions but there is a different between a remix and a mash-up which she's using now. Music Inferno was genius but Music mixed with Fedde Le Grand just seemed a mix too far.

Most of the time the mixes work and in a live setting I would say doesn't matter so much so long as the vocal is more or less the same to sing along to.

It keeps it all fresh. I can't wait to hear the latest ones.

I do think the re-inventions would go down better in an arena than a stadium or God forbid a field.

I went 2 a lot of Sticky shows & sometimes it would b really odd cuz different herds of people would recognise

a song & respond at different times, there was some very confused cheering going on :lmao:

I do think the re-inventions would go down better in an arena than a stadium or God forbid a field.

I went 2 a lot of Sticky shows & sometimes it would b really odd cuz different herds of people would recognise

a song & respond at different times, there was some very confused cheering going on :lmao:

UR writing style iz unique 2 say the least.

Guest CandyPerfumeBoy
I love the remixed versions but there is a different between a remix and a mash-up which she's using now. Music Inferno was genius but Music mixed with Fedde Le Grand just seemed a mix too far.

and I think that could also be annoying for first-time-concert-goers!! The mixes of Like a virgin and Lucky Star for CS worked, even the versions new mixes for RIT were great... But I'm really tired of mash-ups, too... She actually destroyed ITG, Music and LAP at her last tour... the only song that was great was Vogue but it's also much better in the original version

and I think that could also be annoying for first-time-concert-goers!! The mixes of Like a virgin and Lucky Star for CS worked, even the versions new mixes for RIT were great... But I'm really tired of mash-ups, too... She actually destroyed ITG, Music and LAP at her last tour... the only song that was great was Vogue but it's also much better in the original version

Like a Prayer was AMAZING. Tell me, when, WHEN, a mashup version can do this?

:wow:

I agree that for the casual concert goer that hasn't seen a Madonna concert before then the reinvented versions could be a bit off putting. The thing is a lot of the audience in the main markets that she does over and over would be repeat business so re-inventing the songs for that core audience is very savy. I would hate to see Madonna doing the same songs to the same choreography tour after tour like some other divas do (and I do like the diva I'm thinking about just not this particular aspect).

I agree that for the casual concert goer that hasn't seen a Madonna concert before then the reinvented versions could be a bit off putting. The thing is a lot of the audience in the main markets that she does over and over would be repeat business so re-inventing the songs for that core audience is very savy. I would hate to see Madonna doing the same songs to the same choreography tour after tour like some other divas do (and I do like the diva I'm thinking about just not this particular aspect).

so true!! People that want the SAME thing over and over can go see Cher or Janet. ....seriously

Guest CandyPerfumeBoy

Like a Prayer was AMAZING. Tell me, when, WHEN, a mashup version can do this?

this was NOT my point!!! I think that the ORIGINAL VERSION would have the same effects (and it does as we see at the RIT... though people we're not jumping, thw whole audience was singing the song and the feeling was just OMG!!) :D

I just want to point out, that re-invented versions of the songs could be really good, but I've got problem with mashing up madge's songs with songs from another artist... I don't like this, that's just my opninion

I agree that for the casual concert goer that hasn't seen a Madonna concert before then the reinvented versions could be a bit off putting.

Yes, as i said before my sister complained a lot about La Isla Bonita being totally different at the SS tour. She was really anticipating to hear this song live for the first time and got upset about what Madonna did on the stage.

I mean, of course that the songs don't need to be identical to the album versions. But they must have at least the original base to sing along and elements of the album versions to connect with people.

IMO the Girlie Show had the best re-inventions to date.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Which is lucky as her current record isn't a hit.

:madgemanson:

i love the remixes and mashups...i hear the originals on my ipod all the time, so it helps keep the songs fresh. plus, i always enjoy hearing what she's done to them for the first time.

IMO the Girlie Show had the best re-inventions to date.

God....GS is life! I even love LAW and I'm Going Bananas....oooo and Holiday (EPIC) and JML.... :dramatic:

Must watch this again this weekend :inlove:

Oh, and forget sisters......there's no pleasing them...I have three. Bitches will come to see MDNA and they're gonna love it or else!