New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

i hears M saying : "the show will last more than two hours"

so...23 songs are not so bad idea...

Actually she said: "A little under two hours"

Check it again. :thumbsup:

"Vogue" and "Like a Prayer" (and "Music") may not be part of the setlist, as everybody saw her do them at the Super Bowl. So, she could give other songs some time.

Many people all over the world wants to hear the classics on tour. You are talking from a hardcore fan point of view so i can understand you, but i don't agree with that excuse.

Still, if that setlist is true we can expect a DWT/CT type of show with more theatrical/arthistical direction in opposite of the party/fun driven of SS. Not bad, in fact it's great! But i want some classics in the mix too!

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i knew as soon as le gags released her 'express yourself' remix last year, that it was pretty much guaranteed that M would bust it out for this tour. i prefer the idea of mixing 'she's not me' in there rather than outright sampling or adding elements of gaga's turd, though. i don't want to hear that mess at a MADONNA show, although i think she has every right to poke fun at the wildebeest. can't wait to see how she does it. :wow:

LAV isn't really necessary, I don't think she can top the CT version anyway. Curios about Papa Don't Preach, though.

By the way, today I had a dream of seeing M performing the first show. :wow: I love dreams like that, they make my day start much better :lol:

How I would like the setlist to be:

01 - Turn Up The Radio

02 - Open Your Heart

03 - Material Girl

04 - Love Spent

05 - I Don't Give A (First half sang live, second half as a video interlude)

-

06 - Power Of Good-Bye

07 - Revolver

08 - Erotica

09 - Gang Bang

10 - Nobody Knows Me

11 - Falling Free (Instrumental part as a video interlude)

-

12 - Give Me All Your Luvin

13 - True Blue

14 - Superstar

15 - I'm Addicted

16 - 4 Minutes

17 - Masterpiece (Video Interlude)

-

18 - Hung Up/Sorry (Mash-up)

19 - Don't Tell Me

20 - I'm A Sinner

21 - Girl Gone Wild

22 - Express Yourself

-

23 - Everybody

24 - Celebration

Well, this would be quite a show...

tumblr_luo4yu0XaU1qb98jbo10_250.gif

Where is Bad Girl? Rain? Vogue?

Oh Madonna... :(

I wanted to put Bad Girl at the end of the Transgression section, but since Papa Don't Preach has been confirmed as the closing track of that section I really can't see it anywhere else...:(

Saying she doesn't need to perform "Vogue" and LAP is not from a hardcore fan perspective- the Super Bowl had a humongo audience. So unless she'd have new interpretations/presentations, no need to perform them this time out.

Saying she doesn't need to perform "Vogue" and LAP is not from a hardcore fan perspective- the Super Bowl had a humongo audience. So unless she'd have new interpretations/presentations, no need to perform them this time out.

That's hardly an argument, The Superbowl was TV. That's like saying she doesn't need 2 perform this and that cuz u can always

pop in a DVD & watch the video.

But obviously Madonna is not gonna change her ways cuz she's visiting some countries 4 the 1st time (in a very long time).

Personally, I could do without LAP/VOGUE/HUNG UP/MUSIC/ROL...but obviously the majority of the people who buy tickets do wanna hear that.

Not everyone owns a Madonna DVD, though- most own a TV. The Super Bowl aired for free on TV and her halftime show an audience of almost 116 million. So a lot more saw her on that than they would on a DVD. Come on now. :crazy:

I agree that a lot probably would want to hear/see either of those songs, but being that they likely saw her perform them this year, it wouldn't be a huge loss if she didn't perform them.

it wouldn't be a huge loss if she didn't perform them.

It is for the main public perspective. It's not hard to understand that. :doh:

It is for the main public perspective. It's not hard to understand that. :doh:

Exactly. Can you imagine, for example in Colombia, the TONS of people who bought a ticket to hear LAP, ROL, Music, Hung Up, LAV etc etc??? There always tv cameras outside the venue asking "how was the concert?"

"It was amazing but she didn't sing her hits", for example. Headlines next day: "Madonna rocked Medellin" and the subtitle: "Even she did'nt performed her old hits...."

Most of the people don't even know that Madonna is "promoting" her new album. They attend a concert to listen those songs that made history in music.

This will be my very first time attending a Madonna show. I don't care if she sings ROL rock version like CT or S&S. This is about the concert, the experience. ONCE IN A LIFE TIME!

It's so funny when ordinary people/general public talk about their expectations to their first Madonna show and how they think that she change the setlist city to city or only play the hits, just to please them like some artists do or so. Madonna's tours are like a movie or a book; there are sections, there are messages, ideas, sadness, joy. It's a trip from the opening number till the last song. And as director/writer don't change the storyline or the characters cuz the movie/book will be shown to someone new, so she doesn't. It's the person who have to get the art, not the opposite.

It's understandable that there are people who only want to hear the big hits and that they bought a ticket for it, and it's obvious that some will be part of the setlist. However, it's not Madonna's fault if the person buy a ticket and don't know how her tours work. It's her 9th one in a 30 years carrer, so a little research pre-concert can help.

Madonna feels that a not-so-known song works better in a section than a classic and she will choose it. Madonna's tired of some old songs and she won't play them. She's in love again with some others and will sing them. And she have new material to performe and she will.

It's so funny when ordinary people/general public talk about their expectations to their first Madonna show and how they think that she change the setlist city to city or only play the hits, just to please them like some artists do or so. Madonna's tours are like a movie or a book; there are sections, there are messages, ideas, sadness, joy. It's a trip from the opening number till the last song. And as director/writer don't change the storyline or the characters cuz the movie/book will be shown to someone new, so she doesn't. It's the person who have to get the art, not the opposite.

It's understandable that there are people who only want to hear the big hits and that they bought a ticket for it, and it's obvious that some will be part of the setlist. However, it's not Madonna's fault if the person buy a ticket and don't know how her tours work. It's her 9th one in a 30 years carrer, so a little research pre-concert can help.

Madonna feels that a not-so-known song works better in a section than a classic and she will choose it. Madonna's tired of some old songs and she won't play them. She's in love again with some others and will sing them. And she have new material to performe and she will.

I totally agree! Great post!

Exactly. Can you imagine, for example in Colombia, the TONS of people who bought a ticket to hear LAP, ROL, Music, Hung Up, LAV etc etc??? There always tv cameras outside the venue asking "how was the concert?"

I think everyone knows by now Madonna doesn't just do hits.

im sensing another Drowned World/Confessions style for the setlist

not so hit heavy like RIT and S&S

RIT was much heavier on the hits than S&S. S&S and Confessions had about the same number of hits. I think the ratio of new stuff to old hits was just right on S&S and Confessions. I hope she sticks with that. RIT had too many hits and not enough new stuff and DWT had too few hits for me.

Not everyone owns a Madonna DVD, though- most own a TV. The Super Bowl aired for free on TV and her halftime show an audience of almost 116 million. So a lot more saw her on that than they would on a DVD. Come on now. :crazy:

I agree that a lot probably would want to hear/see either of those songs, but being that they likely saw her perform them this year, it wouldn't be a huge loss if she didn't perform them.

It's a world tour not a US tour, the majority of people who r buying tickets outside the US have NOT seen the Superbowl. FACT.

Plus I don't c what a televised performance has 2 do with a live concert experience.

It's a world tour not a US tour, the majority of people who r buying tickets outside the US have NOT seen the Superbowl. FACT.

Plus I don't c what a televised performance has 2 do with a live concert experience.

:bow::bow: