New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

So it's safe to assume that we are having Cleopatra and cheerleader themed segments on the MDNA tour. Her European auditions start this week so I'm guessing that a lot of the creative aspects of the tour (themes, costumes, etc...) are already under way. In addition, M has performed 9 songs from the album she's promoting on S&S and Confessions and there are usually 22 to 24 songs + interludes which leaves room for about 13 older songs. With that in mind, let's start the predictions since in a few weeks we'll start getting fake tracklists.

Here's my take:

1. GMAYL

2. TUTR

3. GGW

9. Masterpiece (I agree with Suedehead that she'll plug W.E. somehow)

10. Take a Bow

11. Vogue

12. Music

13. Don't Tell Me

14. Open Your Heart

15. The Power of Goodbye

16. Celebration

17. Holiday or Everybody

18. Hung Up

19. Sorry

20. Like A Prayer

21. Express Yourself

22. 4 Minutes (interlude)

23. Material Girl (to promote her brand)

GIRLS NEED LUV TOUR

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Girls Gone Wild

Turn Up the Radio

Masterpiece

Everybody (since it was dropped on CT and sampled in S&S)

maybe Lucky Star (because of the GMAYL lyrics)

Angel (I heard it was rehearsed for S&S)

Open Your Heart (I don't really need to explain this, right?)

Who's That Girl

Express Yourself

Deeper and Deeper

The Power of Good-Bye

Impressive Instant or Don't Tell Me or maybe WIFLFAG

Hollywood

Sorry

every song of HC could be possible

Guest ditaluver

madonna told ryan seacrest she wont be repeating herself...re: the Cleopatra theme

i wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get a cheerleader segment either...or even GMAYL. I know its a long shot but it will be stupid to perform without those 2 rap ladies. she could do a 60's theme....ala beautiful stranger with gmayl

im convinced that whole thing was for the superbowl only. the real kickoff single is yet to come.

but hey im wrong alot....

I doubt she would start a show with three songs from the album. Two perhaps like on previous tours but then you've got to go with a classic. I can imagine starting with GMAYL though with the chart building.

1. I Don't Give A

2. Give me All Your Luvin'

3. Girls Gone Wild

4. Turn up the Radio

5. Vogue

6. I Fucked Up

7. Masterpiece

9. Don't Tell Me

10. Superstar

11. Love Spent

12. Superpop

13. Isaac

14. Intervention

15. Hung Up [rock version]

16. Like a Prayer

17. Beautiful Killer

18. Beautiful Stranger

19. Music

20. Die Another Day

:):):)

I revised my list

1. GMAYL

2. TUTR

3. GGW

9. Masterpiece (I agree with Suedehead that she'll plug W.E. somehow)

10. Secret

11. You'll See

12. Music

13. Impressive Instant

14. Open Your Heart

15. The Power of Goodbye

16. Celebration

17. Holiday or Everybody

18. Hung Up

19. Sorry

20. Like A Prayer

21. Express Yourself

22. 4 Minutes (interlude)

23. Material Girl (to promote her brand)

24. Deeper And Deeper

This is not the sequence I expect it to be performed though.

Here's the breakdown per album:

Madonna - either Everybody or Holiday (Lucky Star is mentioned in GMAYL so I won't rule it out)

LAV - Material Girl

TB - Open Your Heart (it's way overdue)

WTG - Who's that Girl would be a pleasant surprise since it's been decades but I don't expect it.

LAP - Express Yourself (for sure) and possibly Like a Prayer (I think she finally realized that this is her most beloved song)

IB - Nothing. I don't think she'll do Vogue again. Perhaps Something To Remember in a ballad segment... but that's probably for another tour when she's much older.

TIC - Nothing.

Erotica - Deeper and Deeper may go with the MDNA club/ecstasy vibe.

BS - Take a Bow is seriously due but she may prefer to play Secret to avoid too many ballads.

STR - Now that I think about it, You'll See would be so appropriate!

ROL - The Power of Goodbye performed with YS would be epic.

Music - Music is a staple. I think this time we may get Impressive Instant mixed with a new song. How about that?

AL - Nothing.

COADF - Sorry would fit I think and probably Hung Up.

HC - I think we won't have anything from HC unless it's an interlude with 4M or Voices.

Celebration - Celebration, duh.

Other singles - I don't think she'll do Into The Groove, CFY or TUTBMP. Maybe Beautiful Stranger but I don't think she'll have too many Orbit songs.

I think she will perform 9 songs from MDNA and 10 other songs + 3 interludes = 22 songs.

Breakdown per album:

Madonna - Everybody

LAV - nothing

TB - Open Your Heart

WTG - nothing

LAP - Express Yourself

IB - nothing

TIC - nothing

Erotica - Deeper and Deeper

BS - Secret

STR - nothing

ROL - Skin

Music - Music

AL - Hollywood or Love Profusion

COADF - Hung Up

HC - nothing

Celebration - Celebration

Gosh, that was really hard and probably not accurate at all. lol

I picked Love Profusion or Hollywood because I don't see her completely ignoring that album twice in a row (ok she did the Die Another Day interlude for S&S but still....). We know she tries to pick at least one song of each album to represent her catalogue as best as possible. She has never performed these two singles live on any show ever. I think it's time for them to shine.

Celebration is pretty obvious - I believe a new remix could be the finale of the show.

I believe she could pick Skin because she spent so much time with Orbit and we know now he produced some upbeat tracks for MDNA. Skin is probably their craziest and most interesting song ever, so I can see it being performed for the first time. That would be absolutely amazing actually!

She will never perform Power of Goodbye on tour. It is too hard to sing for her.

I am absolutely clueless about Erotica and Bedtime Stories. These could really surprise us.

Having said that, I believe there is going to be at least 1 obscure gem nobody ever expected (like Lament, Beast Within, You Thrill Me and so on). I hope for The Look of Love or Gambler.

I think she will perform 9 songs from MDNA and 10 other songs + 3 interludes = 22 songs.

Breakdown per album:

Madonna - Everybody

LAV - nothing

TB - Open Your Heart

WTG - nothing

LAP - Express Yourself

IB - nothing

TIC - nothing

Erotica - Deeper and Deeper

BS - Secret

STR - nothing

ROL - Skin

Music - Music

AL - Hollywood or Love Profusion

COADF - Hung Up

HC - nothing

Celebration - Celebration

Gosh, that was really hard and probably not accurate at all. lol

I picked Love Profusion or Hollywood because I don't see her completely ignoring that album twice in a row (ok she did the Die Another Day interlude for S&S but still....). We know she tries to pick at least one song of each album to represent her catalogue as best as possible. She has never performed these two singles live on any show ever. I think it's time for them to shine.

Celebration is pretty obvious - I believe a new remix could be the finale of the show.

I believe she could pick Skin because she spent so much time with Orbit and we know now he produced some upbeat tracks for MDNA. Skin is probably their craziest and most interesting song ever, so I can see it being performed for the first time. That would be absolutely amazing actually!

She will never perform Power of Goodbye on tour. It is too hard to sing for her.

I am absolutely clueless about Erotica and Bedtime Stories. These could really surprise us.

Having said that, I believe there is going to be at least 1 obscure gem nobody ever expected (like Lament, Beast Within, You Thrill Me and so on). I hope for The Look of Love or Gambler.

I actually agree with all of this. :thumbsup:

she will never sing songs like justify my love or rescue me also. it's just mumbling and yess she did it on tgs but it was a hot, new track back then. and she did erotica on ct but it was different version, like the demo you thrill me version that bacame eventually erotica..

madonna told ryan seacrest she wont be repeating herself...re: the Cleopatra theme

i wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get a cheerleader segment either...or even GMAYL. I know its a long shot but it will be stupid to perform without those 2 rap ladies. she could do a 60's theme....ala beautiful stranger with gmayl

im convinced that whole thing was for the superbowl only. the real kickoff single is yet to come.

but hey im wrong alot....

Why? many fans loved the demo without the rappers..

i wish they put up a poll on the official website of three songs where the fans can chose from and the winner will be part of the setlist. that way we would have some say of at least one song on the setlist..

if id be her manager id lett the fans chose from the following three

skin

open your heart

easy ride

Guest ditaluver

Why? many fans loved the demo without the rappers..

only cause the real single and album version have them on it. I should have worded it differently. I dont think she'll be stupid if she plays the demo version....but i cant help but be reminded of 4 minutes and it was just tragic

I wish she'd sing Keep it Together, I'll remember, live to tell, whys it so hard, sanctuary, Skin, drowned world, Intervention...a few regular classics and of course the majority of MDNA. I'll settle for any of the ones I mentioned...oh and nothing really matters.

I wish shed do more video montages. Those drive me crazy. I love when shes dancing and there's a video of all her best images and reinventions.

Just NO still images like in She's Not Me ( I thought the screen broke). She could've done a better video montage then that.

I wish she performs

Bedtime Story LIVE (Not interlude)

Rain or Bad Girl

Skin or Sky fits heaven would be great Interludes

Everybody or Holiday + Celebration mash up

Express yourself (ala Girlie Show, powerful and brilliant)

True Blue or Cherish

Deeper and deeper

I hope she won't do

Music

Ray of light

any song from HC

And any Rock version of a classic

Guest Not4Pussies

i dont think she's gonna have a problem performing GMAYL.

Nicki and MIAs parts are very small. They can appear on the video backdrop (kanye-beat goes on/missy elliott-into the groove)

its not like 4 Minutes, that was a duet right there.

i see a GMAYL/MAterial Girl mash up

and its time for Open your heart, Bad girl, Impressive Instant, Youll See, Take A Bow, Whos That Girl to come out

only cause the real single and album version have them on it. I should have worded it differently. I dont think she'll be stupid if she plays the demo version....but i cant help but be reminded of 4 minutes and it was just tragic

I don't believe she would perform it without the girls inclusion either, but like she did with 4 Minutes and Beat Goes On, she could easily do a video screen with the girls. No doubt, somewhere along the line they may guest appear at a show or two.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wild Tour

Intro:(GMAYL) LUV MADONNA YOU U WANNA chant

Part I:

Girls Gone Wild

Get Together/Bedtime Story Medley

Sky Fits Heaven

Deeper and Deeper(Hung Up ABBA Sample Remix)

Burning Up

Part II:

Express Yourself

Holiday

I'm Addicted

Gang Bang

Part III:

I Don't Give A

Superstar

Love Profusion

Part IV:

Love Spent

Miles Away

Take A Bow

Till Death DO Us Part

Part V Finale:

Into The Groove

Music

Turn Up The Radio

Like A Prayer

This is just an attempt at trying to seperate the album into different sections with some "oldies" suggestions. (Not in a particular order)

NUNS GONE WILD Theme:

"Girl Gone Wild"

"Like a Virgin"

"Who's That Girl"/"Who's That Chick"

"I'm a Sinner"

"Bad Girl"

BASIC INSTINCT INSPIRED Theme:

"Revolver" - Interlude

"Gang Bang"

"Beautiful Killer"

"Justify My Love"

FUTURISTIC Theme:

"I'm Addicted"

"Impressive Instant"

"Burning Up"

"Rescue Me"

50's Theme:

"True Blue"

"Superstar"

"Vogue"

"Hollywood"

CHEERLEADER Theme:

"Give Me All Your Luvin'"

"Express Yourself"

"Some Girls"

"Open Your Heart"

THEATRICAL Theme:

"Masterpiece"

"Take a Bow"

"Love Spent"

"The Power of Good-Bye"

F*** U/ROCK Theme:

"I Fucked Up"

"I Don't Give A"

"Sorry"

"American Life"

"Nothing Really Matters" - Interlude

PARTY/ENCORE Theme:

"Turn Up the Radio"

"Holiday"

"Everybody"

"Celebration"

other Songs I can see her perform:

"Till Death Do Us Part" maybe in the "Basic Instinct" Section

"What It Feels Like for a Girl"

"Lucky Star"

"something from I'M BREATHLESS in the 50's - Section"

"something from EROTICA in the "Basic Instinct - Section"

Now that MDNA has been reviewed I have a feeling that we may get Bad Girl live on tour!

By albums:

1 Everybody

2 Material Girl

3 Open Your Heart

4 Who's That Girl

5 Express Yourself

6 No tracks from I'm Breathless

7 Bad Girl

8 Secret

9 No tracks from Evita

10 The Power of Goodbye

11 Music, What It Feels Like For A Girl

13 No tracks from American Life

14 Hung Up, Sorry

15 No tracks from Hard Candy

Plus Celebration

That's 13 songs plus 10 songs from MDNA.

Possible alternates: TAB, BU, II and LAP.