Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

Guest astonishing!

I can't believe she pulled in more views than the game itself!! That's amazing! And ofcourse, she outdid the last few year's performers!

So the network would've been better of with 4 hours just Madonna? maybe those players as her dancers or slaves..

Edited by dollhouse

i bet everything is pre-recorded... even LAP... but we all know that MADONNA and other singers are belting their hearts out even with playbacks... I mean, how can you perform like that with just opening your lips and no voice coming out... that would be too distracting...

Unfortunately the 2012 Super Bowl did not break any ratings records. However, Madonna's half time gig got higher ratings than the game...

Super Bowl 2012: Madonna Does A Higher Rating Than The Game

by Matt Verderame

Madonna is apparently still quite popular. The past sensation out-rated the Super Bowl, as her halftime performance generated a 48.3 rating compared to a 47.8 for the game according to reports from John Ourand.

Despite two very large market teams being involved in the affair, Super Bowl couldn't break its own ratings record which was set just last year by Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

Part of that is undoubtedly the very nice weather that the East has seen this year. With a normally bitter time of year upon us, people are much more likely to stay inside and look forward to the game.

It's truly amazing that Madonna is still as popular as she is. Many people were annoyed that the NFL was bringing in another older superstar to perform the halftime show, but clearly they made the right decision.

This Super Bowl did outdraw the previous match-up between these two teams as the 2007 game did a 43.1 rating.

http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-york-giants/2012/2/6/2774984/super-bowl-2012-madonna-rating

Incredible!

:bow:

By Matthew Perpetua

February 6, 2012 8:25 AM ET

MIA halftime super bowl

M.I.A. gives 'the finger' to the camera during the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

NBC has apologized for airing footage of M.I.A. flipping off the cameras while delivering the line "I don't give a shit" during Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show. "The NFL hired the talent and produced the halftime show," NBC said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter. "Our system was late to obscure the inappropriate gesture and we apologize to our viewers."

The NFL have also issued an apology for the incident, but placed the blame on NBC's censors. "There was a failure in NBC's delay system," spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement. "The obscene gesture in the performance was completely inappropriate, very disappointing, and we apologize to our fans." According to McCarthy, M.I.A. did not use the gesture in dress rehearsals for the show.

M.I.A., a well-known provocateur, has not yet commented on her performance or its aftermath. The rapper did not fully enunciate the word "shit" at the end of the verse, which keeps her – and the NBC and NFL – in the clear in terms of avoiding a fine from the FCC for inappropriate language.

main.jpg

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nfl-nbc-apologize-for-m-i-a-flipping-middle-finger-at-halftime-show-20120206

The performance was simply out of this world. :inlove:

Unfortunately the 2012 Super Bowl did not break any ratings records. However, Madonna's half time gig got higher ratings than the game...

by Matt Verderame

Madonna is apparently still quite popular. The past sensation out-rated the Super Bowl, as her halftime performance generated a 48.3 rating compared to a 47.8 for the game according to reports from John Ourand.

http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-york-giants/2012/2/6/2774984/super-bowl-2012-madonna-rating

:manson:

Guest Fukujima

did u notice that costume wise she is really going for maculate stamps this era so far...the bra in the video, the inner part of her dress and mantle during the SB and basically quite every outfit of the dancers has some elements of it.

The NFL have also issued an apology for the incident, but placed the blame on NBC's censors. "There was a failure in NBC's delay system," spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement. "The obscene gesture in the performance was completely inappropriate, very disappointing, and we apologize to our fans." According to McCarthy, M.I.A. did not use the gesture in dress rehearsals for the show.

Perhaps he shoulda watched GMAYL music video to know better!

Guest northernlad

That is absolutely phenomenal, especially given TCT's flop on NBC 5 years ago.

by Matt Verderame

Despite two very large market teams being involved in the affair, Super Bowl couldn't break its own ratings record which was set just last year by Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

Part of that is undoubtedly the very nice weather that the East has seen this year. With a normally bitter time of year upon us, people are much more likely to stay inside and look forward to the game.

It's truly amazing that Madonna is still as popular as she is. Many people were annoyed that the NFL was bringing in another older superstar to perform the halftime show, but clearly they made the right decision.

This Super Bowl did outdraw the previous match-up between these two teams as the 2007 game did a 43.1 rating.

Elton John! :lmao::lmao::lmao: jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Some religious freaks comments

Have a hilarious read!

NUTCASES AND FREAKS

â—¦AT 7:45, do you see the dancer wearing an 'M' apron? This is what Freemasons wear! Do u see an 'M' on the aprons?

:lmao::lmao:

I noticed even on the secular forums they are saying it is the largest satanic ritual they have ever witnessed that was so public.

:lol:

OK - I just did a Google search about Mickey Mouse ears and I am still picking my jaw up off the floor! I didn't know that Walt Disney was a free Mason. I guess my days at Disney World are over. Now I have to look at all the Disney stuff around the house and get rid of that as well. How deceptiive the world can be!!

:lol:

wow my better half and i caught this right away. i havent heard this mentioned yet....at 12:25 and on thru till the end which is like 20 seconds or so, i wouldnt want anyone to watch any more of this junk!!! listen to the words and her last action!!!

songs goes ..."just like a prayer i'll take you there, seems like a dream to me...life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone, i hear you call my name and it feels like...(as she disappears into the underworld quickly in lights and flashes)......>>home<<!!!

her home is definitely not where us christians are going

maybe im seeing too much into this!!! when she says home she dissappears down below!!

:wacko:

OK - I just did a Google search about Mickey Mouse ears and I am still picking my jaw up off the floor! I didn't know that Walt Disney was a free Mason. I guess my days at Disney World are over. Now I have to look at all the Disney stuff around the house and get rid of that as well. How deceptiive the world can be!!

I refuse to believe people are this crazy.

:lmao:

What the fuck is the problem of all those concerned idiots who complain about a middle finger. That picture was shown for what a half a second? Hardly anyone realized it. Certainly not some little children (who can watch all kinds of more dangerous stuff on a daily basis). These assholes make a big fuss about nothing.

Instead of apologizing officials at the NFL and NBC should tell them: "You are wasting my time, go fuck yourself".